What do/did you do for fun when you are/were in Thailand?

Somsrisonphimai

I try to do a bit of each from time to time, now I do all the local stuff with local Thai friends. sports, motorbikes, best food for a responsible price, checking out parks, renting bicycles, taking boats to outside markets, checking Bangkok big shopping-centers and I went to IKEA in Bang Na(MEGA)today(go shopping or for the IKEA restaurant, FREE shuttle bus from: Udom Suk BTS station, hmm what more?You gotta have ideas :)

• Like 1

Like to explore new places with my wife.. Always visit some temples. I try to go to new places everytime, it's so many lovely places.

Of course Song Kran in Chiang Mai was a blast for a first time visitor biggrin.png

Guys love Song Karn Festival because they can touch the girls' face and get girls wet.

Haha I bet they do :) it seemed to me the girls loved it too though. I have to correct myself, I was actually a 2nd time visitor.. I was there with my gf at the time, who is now my wife, so there weren't a lot of touching other girls 555

It was definitely a memory for life

I try to do a bit of each from time to time, now I do all the local stuff with local Thai friends. sports, motorbikes, best food for a responsible price, checking out parks, renting bicycles, taking boats to outside markets, checking Bangkok big shopping-centers and I went to IKEA in Bang Na(MEGA)today(go shopping or for the IKEA restaurant, FREE shuttle bus from: Udom Suk BTS station, hmm what more?You gotta have ideas smile.png

wow you really are a crazy guy! Living the dream on the free shuttle buses, way to go!

Well I came here to spend time on beaches and not pay Tax. Turns out I spend more time in the Mountains and riding my motorbike than seeing the beach. But there is a lot to say for Thai golf courses. I also enjoy the food.

NOt paying any Tax sounds good.

Is it legal?

som....time to grow up and remove your head from the buffalos behind!!!!!!!!!!!! theres a reason why good girls dont want to interact with non-working farangs.

Really? Once you got your head out Som's butt it would be nice if you can qualify that statement. Do you work? Or do you consider yourself a cut above everybody else? Who says good girls don't go with farangs that don't work? Might be true about you of course but I know plenty of retired Farangs living here that are married to well to do Thai ladies, I also know plenty of working Farangs that are ramped up with horrible nasty bar girls. What is the correlation between working/not workin and good girls?

Read comments and post on TVF thumbsup.gif

Should we laugh or cry Costas? blink.pngSurely life aint that sad?

The OP is a busy little person today. Anyway, in answer to your question, I work, take care of my family first then I workout, workout and ... you guessed it, workout! LOL When my body is no longer capable of seeing let alone lifting weights, I get on my 650 and ride! Sometimes a drink with friends and a meal is nice but definitely no bars, the Mrs would cut me balls off.biggrin.png

Well I came here to spend time on beaches and not pay Tax. Turns out I spend more time in the Mountains and riding my motorbike than seeing the beach. But there is a lot to say for Thai golf courses. I also enjoy the food.

Is it legal?

If your Canadian and work offshore and don't visit Canada for more than 90 days a year then yes.

• Like 1

Another day in paradise as I wake up every morning. Lots of fun, sun, not expensive, good food, good fishing, such a variety of environments to play in. Mountains to islands, lakes to beaches. Love this place.

• Like 1

i am going shortly to Koh chang for a holiday,as my wife has 1 moved her father into the house[it is her house,though i have paid for extensions etc],2 mutilated the tree behind my study room that gave nice shade,3 built a house on the block of land i purchased opposite for the view[ stupid of me ,kon thai do not care for views],and all without any consultation,it's got to the stage where if i find a nice rental property down there i may just stay,at the moment pissed off,so yeah going for a long holiday,maybe i will forget to give her her allowance,that should be fun too!

Is it legal?

If your Canadian and work offshore and don't visit Canada for more than 90 days a year then yes.

I think you might be in for a bit of a shock.

"Factual Resident

A factual resident is one who maintains residential ties in Canada while living or working abroad. Residential ties are considered things such as;

a home in Canada

a spouse or common law spouse and/or children who remain in Canada

personal property, such as furniture or an automobile

social ties in Canada

As a factual resident, your income is taxed as if you never left Canada and you must report your worldwide income."

ride my 125 Honda out to my brother in law's farm and eat the fruit he brings us. Sometimes I take a new route just to see what I might run into in the backblocks.

I always get a few strange looks as well as some great smiles and waves.

Ah........ country life

Is it legal?

I think you might be in for a bit of a shock.

"Factual Resident

A factual resident is one who maintains residential ties in Canada while living or working abroad. Residential ties are considered things such as;

a home in Canada

a spouse or common law spouse and/or children who remain in Canada

personal property, such as furniture or an automobile

social ties in Canada

As a factual resident, your income is taxed as if you never left Canada and you must report your worldwide income."

I'm from the UK so I can't say for sure what the law is in Canada but from what Scottythai says it sounds like the same rule as the UK has. I have a home in Scotland, a bank account etc, etc. I work overseas and spend less than 90 days in the UK each year so I don't have to pay tax. I am classed as ordinarily resident and submit tax returns each year declaring how much I earn and how many days I have been in the UK. Being doing this for 8 years and not paid a penny of tax. Even better the tax man refunded me tax that I paid on the interest of my savings. biggrin.png

Black Moon Party; Beach party; Tech-dance – just love it...! crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Some times also a live venue or concert if a good band/artist is available guitar.gif – can even be a trip up to BKK for “The Last Night of the Proms”. thumbsup.gif

Read comments and post on TVF thumbsup.gif

Should we laugh or cry Costas? blink.pngSurely life aint that sad?

The OP is a busy little person today. Anyway, in answer to your question, I work, take care of my family first then I workout, workout and ... you guessed it, workout! LOL When my body is no longer capable of seeing let alone lifting weights, I get on my 650 and ride! Sometimes a drink with friends and a meal is nice but definitely no bars, the Mrs would cut me balls off.biggrin.png

555, you'll miss me when I don't post.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand