Two explosions rock Bangkok, Victory Monument and Rajvith Hospital

george

I feel bad for anyone here who thinks an UNELECTED council to choose the government is a good idea. Name another country besides dictatorships that does this .... Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes. Even reds are not perfect for sure WHO can support some national council that it's not chosen democratic way.

Many people get naive because of their own interest. Then they start to lie even for their self about the reasons why now elections are not right thing to do.

If u live in Bangkok and have close relationship to Bangkok middle glass then you easily adopt their ideas. Forgetting principles that has been thought to u.

Of course revolution is sometimes right. Boris Jeltsin and revolution in Soviet Union. But after that many bad things happened also. Many powerful people practically stole national wealth. They are called Oligarchs in Russia. There are never dark side and good side.

But in this case Thailand should follow democratic rules and try to solve hate of different sides and reform the system after that.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that is another part of the PDRC story that stinks.

They were saying there were 6 of them and they chased them but were shot at.

Now the story is that the guy calmly got on a mototaxi and went off. The taxi bike has confirmed where he dropped the guy.

So... Its an outright lie. The PDRC ran around making a noise at another part of the site whilst the grenade thrower calmly walks off. If there was no chase, and no gunshots... What was there original story all about?

Your problem as with all conspiracy theorists, is that you start with your "truth" (this was a false flag attack by the PDRC) and then you fit the "facts" around it.

They chased the guy, he shot back, pursuers drop the chase (one was shot), the man THEN walks away and finds a motorbike taxi somewhere.

• Like 1

I really wish these grenades would have knocked that bloody sound system out rather than bystanders.

Noise, Noise, Noise. Sceams, scream, screams. 'Music", "Music", "Music" from 5 AM till 3 AM

eventually neighbors will throw grenades.

Oh no, wait a minute, this is Thailand, people love noise here..

• Like 2

Lets not forget the things the Yellow shirts have done in the last 2.5 months of protests....

Destroying government property

Brutally Assaulting Law Enforcement Personel

Attack RED shirt protesters near the University

Cutting water and power to hospitals and police stations

Threatening the lives of the PM and her Cabinet

Disrupting business in Bangkok

Damaging Thailand's reputation in the world

They are acting like Terrorists .....

They should be treated as such (not all of them but the worst need to be punished)

Yingluck has used the utmost restraint and not allowed police to carry weapons...

Now lets see who is the most rational in this predicament.

They're not yellow shirts.

no? too many yellow ones in the wash then!

What amazes me is how many know-alls there are minutes after an incident, when there are still unsolved mysteries from the 2010 chaos waiting for your genius to clear up ! Who the hell knows who is really behind any attack ?

And the majority of the idiot know it all's have him as yet another Suthep plant blowing up his own supporters when he is struggling to retain what he has. Brainless idiots.

I have now found some one who believe the PTP are not corrupt

My god my friend what time did you plane land

please read some of the past postings

you have a godd educations right here in Thai Visa

I never said such a thing. Try reading properly before you post.

Lets not forget the things the Yellow shirts have done in the last 2.5 months of protests....

Destroying government property

Brutally Assaulting Law Enforcement Personel

Attack RED shirt protesters near the University

Cutting water and power to hospitals and police stations

Threatening the lives of the PM and her Cabinet

Disrupting business in Bangkok

Damaging Thailand's reputation in the world

They are acting like Terrorists .....

They should be treated as such (not all of them but the worst need to be punished)

Yingluck has used the utmost restraint and not allowed police to carry weapons...

Now lets see who is the most rational in this predicament.

And the red thugs in 2010?

Different time and different problem ...its 2014 now and this PM was elected by the people.

In 2010, I was living in BKK .....the REDS DID get nasty when the government (headed by an UN-ELECTED PM) starting shooting the peaceful demonstrators.

Apples and Oranges.

Abhisit was elected.

• Like 1

From a member 20 minutes ago:

Thai news reports bomb attack at Victory Monument.

An unknown man was seen throwing two bombs in to crowds of people. The protesters tried to apprehend the assailant but were shot at it.

Source was Nation TV.

More reason for the guards to be permitted to be armed.

Do people seriously expect the protesters to whistle at an armed attacker? I hope they get him and expose him for what he is.... A THAKSIN paid terrorist.

Or perhaps a suthep paid terrorist whistling.gif

Second grenade attack
SUPACHAI PETCHTEWEE
The Nation

30224693-01_big.jpg?1390171810844
A series of images from a surveillance camera appear to show a man throwing a grenade at the anti-government rally site at Victory Monument yesterday.

Two grenades thrown at victory monument protest site; at least 28 hurt

BANGKOK: -- SOME 28 people, including a number of anti-government protesters, were wounded yesterday afternoon when two grenades were thrown at a rally site at Victory Monument.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697881-second-grenade-attack-rocks-bangkok/

How you come to the conclusion she is not part of the majority must be based on the facts that last time PTP has been winning with corruption

You accuse PTP for being corrupt even though Suthep and the people he takes orders from are even worse. Then you have the audacity to accuse us of being hypocrites.

And Suthep isnt ??

What time did your plane land ?? Were you here when he was caught pilfering the sor por kor land ??

The corruption is endemic.. One side shouting the other is bad doesnt solve it.. If they want to reform, they were in power a couple of years ago, but at that time ?? No reforms needed !!

okay it now seems you not read mine and my thai wife's posting

she does not, and never has liked Suthep

so you posting is totally incorrect

If you take the time to read our posts you will see that she is protesting again the taskin problem

and Suthep is a spear head being used

there is no way he will be allowed to take power in Thailand, no matter how much you want to believe he will

I have now lived in Thailand for the last 10 years

have a family here

pay taxes here with a large company that I run

But still understand I have no say in Thai politics, I just bend with the wind

certain;y not safe to have kiddies there...one crowd panic could be awful

I agree these protesters are risking their lives to oust this corrupt government while being set upon by thug's and the goverment as expected has not caught a single one.

No kids should be there.. the government will become more desperate and more acts will follow. The government is loosing on all sides.. farmers want them out.. corruption investigations.. a rice scam ready to explode. Where I come from we have a saying that a cornered animal (the government) will do strange and dangerous things.

So keep the kids out of there.

If the majority want the government out, then just remind me again what's the problem with a frigging election??????????????

For the 100th time

every on wants an election

just people some use their brains, and wants it after the 180 days have passed where Yngluk can give her brother get out of jail free card

will you every get it

• Like 1

tezzainoz, you might be correct in what you write, but some westerners with verbal diarrhea on the internet ain't gong to be making a difference like your good woman is, so relax, and try not to let emotions get the better of yourself.

correct? far from it.

the fact is that nobody should be protesting under the current situation, it is not safe.

if people want to still protest for some misguided beliefs and a lunatic leader and put their lives at risk ? no thanks.

I totally agree with you

If you are not Thai

then stop whinging and go home

I'm not Thai but Thailand has been my home for a very long time, and I have paid enough in taxes to keep many politicians up to date with their luxury items, so feel a bit of a right to whinge now and then. Although I am unopinionated to the general Thai population, if they are my friends I will speak my mind, and they theirs. We may agree or disagree, but we have a good debate and can still remain friends when all is said and done.

Your demand for people on this forum to stop their criticism of what is going on in Thailand is quite ridiculous. I like hearing both sides, even if I lean about 85% towards the protestors.

I would dare say if you don't want to hear debate, then YOU should leave the forum, and walk around stating nothing but empty platitudes about Thailand that never actually express your opinion about anything.

I have opinions the same as you

But unlike you and some others I am not stupid enougth to think thais take any notice of what Farlang think

In fact all you do is give them a reason to turn on us when other problems are gone

This grenade attack STINKS of FALSE FLAG ...

I was in the Military for 20 years ...... I know what Military guys look like.

That was a military guy working for someone involved

.....we already know SEALS have been working as Yellow Shirt Security.

Thanks Rambo, please launch a full investigation and let us know when you have the proof to back your claim.

• Like 2

Any normal person would suggest that wearing a pink whistle would be the subterfuge required to enter the protest area un-noticed. But then again I suppose some people are not normal. They would expect to see the attacker wearing a red shirt with Thaksin's face on it. Then would claim that it must be a protest guard in disguise.

You know what I mean?..... a bit like a stubborn child would think.

Edited by poisonus

okay it now seems you not read mine and my thai wife's posting

If you take the time to read our posts you will see that she is protesting again the taskin problem

there is no way he will be allowed to take power in Thailand, no matter how much you want to believe he will

I have now lived in Thailand for the last 10 years

have a family here

pay taxes here with a large company that I run

But still understand I have no say in Thai politics, I just bend with the wind

Are you saying that you feel you are not allowed to have an opinion here, so you just latch on to your wife's opinion? You feel you can't have a different opinion as your wife? Whew!

A grenade causes great injury are they getting mixed up with a bunch of firecrackers as the pictures do not give the resemblance of a grenade attack unless these are. Home made small devices to a cause minimum injury it is funny how the shin family are always accused when it comes to some sort of explosion. I hope the injured are okay and that the injuries are very minor I can only see the escalating I think we can say goodbye to the high season and the influx of tourists this year which will have an adverse effect on the Thai economy.

Having served as a Medic in Viet Nam, I can assure you that I have seen many grenade attacks and the resulting damage to both property and bodies... I see no where near that amount of property damage in any of the photos from the attack sites, and in almost all cases anyone close enough to receive injuries would either be dead or have extreme life threatening injuries...

Regardless of whom is responsable, I think at best (or worst) these devices are possibly extremely large fireworks or poorly home made explosives... And anyone who has spent much time in Thailand knows, the material required for making such, can be purchased almost anywhere in Thailand...

Pianoman

• Like 1

How you come to the conclusion she is not part of the majority must be based on the facts that last time PTP has been winning with corruption

You accuse PTP for being corrupt even though Suthep and the people he takes orders from are even worse. Then you have the audacity to accuse us of being hypocrites.

Chill my freind, the man was just stating that there is corruption everywhere and like many of us dosn't believe for one second Suthep wants a fair reform with his peoples council of China.

Remember not one name has been put forward not any plan of solutions just rhetoric. To many of us it is just another elite ploy to gain control.

Worry about your wife of course we all would, it is not for me to say but mine would already be on the way home now its gotten dangerous, id have put my foot down at that point its not worth the risk and shes already done her part.Trust me your wife will respect you just as much

End of the day the corruption is only about money and power and itll always be here, you wont be able to replace a gem like you obviously consider your wife to be.

Let people view their opinions without calling for them to go home.

I view this country purely not my own simply because they wont let us become a citizen unlike my own where my Thai family are accepted and do have. I do not however let it stop me taking a strong interest in my home.

Many of us pay far more towards this country then probably you or your wife, we have the right to express opinions.

Take care of your own and be the man of the house that is the Thai way, if you intend staying do not talk like a guest or assume others view themselves as such due to the lack of a little piece of paper saying otherwise,

keep her safe and yourself too.

You will get no argument from me on you posting

because you made it clear that it was your opinion

it would be nice when people pull Thais down they say it is only their opinion

I have said before, many member here are giving Thais a reson to turn on us when this mess is over

Only point I query

as you not know me or what position I hold in Thailand the statement that, many farlang pay more taxes that I do, can not be based on any facts, so please say there will be some.

The answer is easy

My wife is Thai

She is in her own country

I have opinions but no right of say

Now me I have no say in what they do

so please tell us who has give you the right to tell Thai people what they must do

ever heard of the saying

if you can not stand the heat in the kitchen

Get Out

You might want to actually read some of the posts you're replying to, as you've completely misunderstood mine.

I have no desire to get tell anyone what to think, I was just pointing out to you (or maybe your wife) that not everyone in Bangkok sympathises with the protestors and a good number are holding vigils for peace, like the one in the photo I posted.

The arrogance of those who assume that they represent the majority of Thais is very sad.

I have no argument with what you posted this time

I have opinions the same as you

But unlike you and some others I am not stupid enougth to think thais take any notice of what Farlang think

In fact all you do is give them a reason to turn on us when other problems are gone

Ok, I got it. You don't have Thai friends or acquaintances who can handle having a civil debate.

I work and live around educated Thais (middle class and up) who, though they may be fervent in their opinion on political matters, love to talk and share information about the issues of the day regardless. I actually learn a lot by listening to the other side, and that is why I'm 85% for protestors and not 100%.

You may be stuck somewhere where issues can only be viewed in black and white, them and us. I would imagine if you were stuck in a situation like this in the middle of an agrarian setting where not much education went on and where people were never encouraged to utilize their critical thinking skills that you would probably be best to kowtow to the majority and keep quiet. Fortunately I don't have to do that.

So who do you think is going to pick these 'good people' ?? Who is going to be the power broker ??

Your really naive enough to think Suthep wont be a primary player ?? The kingmaker.

You cannot destroy the democratic system of governance with only a 'trust me'.. There has to be a precise alternative, who do you propose, if not Suthep, who is not going to be equally corrupt as anything the Shins have done, given the same opportunity. Its already been shown that given the first whiff of a chance, Suthep raided the piggy bank with both hands gleefully. The fact that so many are following him on an anti corruption crusade simply shows how easily manipulated they are.

Dont like the current regime.. Vote.. Campaing on a platform of reform.. Campaign on a true platform of cleaning up corruption (at all levels, right through the society) if thats what you want. But only if a majority of people agree with you do you have the right to dictate to the country.

I would not be voting for the Shins if I had one.. But I recognize that large parts of the country do, and I would rather living in a democracy than any other other system. It might go off course every once in a while but each few years you have the chance to change direction, legitimately !! Not via tanks or judicial coups, or idiots on stage shouting vague platitudes about 'corruption', but by the majority voting with self interest.

• Like 2

A grenade causes great injury are they getting mixed up with a bunch of firecrackers as the pictures do not give the resemblance of a grenade attack unless these are. Home made small devices to a cause minimum injury it is funny how the shin family are always accused when it comes to some sort of explosion. I hope the injured are okay and that the injuries are very minor I can only see the escalating I think we can say goodbye to the high season and the influx of tourists this year which will have an adverse effect on the Thai economy.

Having served as a Medic in Viet Nam, I can assure you that I have seen many grenade attacks and the resulting damage to both property and bodies... I see no where near that amount of property damage in any of the photos from the attack sites, and in almost all cases anyone close enough to receive injuries would either be dead or have extreme life threatening injuries...

Regardless of whom is responsable, I think at best (or worst) these devices are possibly extremely large fireworks or poorly home made explosives... And anyone who has spent much time in Thailand knows, the material required for making such, can be purchased almost anywhere in Thailand...

Pianoman

I was thinking the same. I wonder if grenades can be modified, take out some of the explosive, so they are not as "lethal"? So they create more of a warning signal than tear a bunch of people apart?