Safety in Thailand

recycler

Although I sympathize with the op,

when i saw the title of this thread

" how to protect you and your family from drunken thugs in thailand"

my gut thought was "distance yourself from "tiraks" extended family and friends. (not applicable to all cases of course)

My title was simply "Safety in Thailand" the other, more dramatic title is and editorial addition of TV.

To update on the case:

After visiting the compound security with the police we got some barely useful video footage of a camera directed at a flashlight... Today my son was warned by counseling and tutor at school not to push the case too much with the police as in several previous cases the revenge has been worse than the initial incident... real estate owners don't like to be confronted....

Kudos for the police who seem eager to do something here on the other hand, While taking them to the compound they complained that they never get any proper support from compound security to solve the over 10 "reported" cases of burglary per year. Don't know how many cases go unreported by the statement of the management that they already informed the police.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've experienced most of these so called guards are only there to make the impression of being safe. Just look at the ones in the shopping malls and their great metal detectors that always go off when a person walks through them. The "guards" couldn't care less, I've never been checked by them. The only thing they care about is their uniform and their thousand patches that make them look like pilots. Appearance is all in Thailand.

On the other hand would you risk your life for 300baht a day.