Please help settle an argument in the office - Vigo vs Fortuna interior

Forget the protests - this is a much more important issue dividing the team in the office ....

I've been without a car for a couple of years - and now considering buying a Navara double cab but the team's saying that I should not get a pick up and a Fortuna is a better bet.

I like the Fortuna - and I've had two in the past - but they are not cheap .... and I was saying that a Fortuna and a Vigo top-of-the-range double cab are the same thing on the inside except for the third row of seats that I never used.

I know there's leaf springs vs coils - but I've driven a Vigo once and the ride seemed OK to me.

So for people who know both models well is a Vigo and Fortuna essentially the same from the inside (from middle row seats forward if you see what I mean)?

(Bit of extra info on the Navara - I can't wait a year for a Ranger and I can get a better deal on a Navara than a Vigo and I think it looks good and it feels spacious inside. The pick up bed will be used for bikes and shifting stuff around when I move apartments).

..... Views on Vigo vs Navara also appreciated.

Edited by Familyonthemove

Yes, they are essentially the same - the interiors are the same moldings, just different colors and stick-ons and a few more buttons in the Fortuner. The 2nd row seats are also different, not just the 3rd row.

The Navara will be replaced by an all-new model in a few months time, so essentially in run-out ATM.

The VIGO will be replaced in 2015-6, and the Fortuner a year after that.

Rangers do not have the availability problems they used to have, so long as you're OK with the 2.2L. There have been several 3.2L Wildtraks spotted on the open market recently too, but these are not available reliably.

• Like 1

Buy what you like yourself, we have a duel cab wildtrak and had to wait for delivery but were happy to

because it was what we both wanted

Usually only 2 people in the vehicle and the tray back comes in handy

Hilux and fortuner are the same except one has coil springs on the back that puts it into a higher sales tax rate

All modern pickups are good it depends on how long you are willing to wait and what free extras you want

Ford did not even give free 1 year insurance on the wildtrak when we bought it and still has a long waiting list

I'd say drive the Navara before you buy one - they have very good performance, the 174 hp version goes like a rocket, but the 4x4 is really rather low and they don't really stay "nice" as long as a Vigo.

On the plus side the Navara is much better proportioned and I think better looking - it is slightly bigger than the Vigo, but you won't notice on the inside. As the new model can't be that far off, you should be able to get a good price....and try for all accessories

now there is one thing that absolutely infuriates me about the Navara - it is on paper the largest of all the pickups (or was when it came out) yet the rear seats are little more than a joke - they are cramped sit-up-and-beg affairs with thin cushioning and poor leg-room - Make sure you sit in the back before you buy so you know how your passengers will feel.

Actually I think even the front seats are pretty crap too. check the adjustments available - the Vigo has an electric option - never seen that on a Navara.

if you are looking at 4WD the Vigo has the basic pickup system but the Fortuner has a more sophisticated full-time 4WD system.

The Navara manual has a 6 speed box, which you REALLY need to keep stirring to keep any sense of power. the auto0 is a 5 speed.

I'm not sure how many ratios the Vigo goes for now - most manufacturers seem to be going for smaller engines (2.2, 2.5) with extra gears to compensate for the limited power range. A 3 litre Vigo - if still available would require less gear changing for about the same performance.

Edited by wilcopops

now there is one thing that absolutely infuriates me about the Navara - it is on paper the largest of all the pickups (or was when it came out) yet the rear seats are little more than a joke - they are cramped sit-up-and-beg affairs with thin cushioning and poor leg-room - Make sure you sit in the back before you buy so you know how your passengers will feel.

Maybe because for a truck the importance of the size is in the trunk

Actually I think even the front seats are pretty crap too. check the adjustments available - the Vigo has an electric option - never seen that on a Navara.

Many years ago I would also worry about those details, but then I found out that you actually adjust your drivers seat to your comfort when you purchase the car, and that was probably the last time.

Maybe because for a truck the importance of the size is in the trunk

Many years ago I would also worry about those details, but then I found out that you actually adjust your drivers seat to your comfort when you purchase the car, and that was probably the last time.

Totally bizarre comments!

...Man,at this time,ether buy Ranger/BT-50 Mazda,or wait for the New Navara,or/Mitsubishi truck...simple...Toyota is still 10 years behind tongue.pngcheesy.gif

As the basic concept of the pickup is pretty archaic, i'd love to know what makes you think the Toyota is 10 years behind?

• Like 2