Suthep kicks off his ninth-day of Bangkok Shutdown protest march

webfact

I've also noted on twitter that his fan club have posted no pics of this march... Sure they won't be allowed to publish something as damning of lack of support as this.

Luckily many more pics appearing, but am sure the thugs will be along soon saying "No Pics".... that or charging for them

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually counted heads in the picture. I got 192. My second count got 207. I'll go with the average, being almost 200. I expect every weekend the numbers will swell, a lot, then back to work Monday and retell the excitement at the water cooler. And not one comprehensive aerial photo of what is going on today from anyone in Thai media, just partial and zoom shots that leave everything to the imagination. When easily provided information, especially visual information, is not available, I always question why that is the case.

Repeat ad nauseum.

On the other side, we will hear continued reports of the bastion of democracy being assailed, with no responsibility claimed by anyone at the top over the late night damnesty bill, nor the senate shakeup shakedown and rice pludging scheme ('pludging' is a real word). Further, to antagonize everyone who wants to support equilateral representative democracy, the gerrymandering will not be addressed now, or at any time in the future (though I do hear there is a forum that is considering receiving approval to examine the idea at length).

Repeat ad nauseum.

The thing that twists my scrotum is that the people in this, both groups of which have legitimate and real concerns, are being treated like figments of their leader's imaginations--which is pure mendacity.

Thais deserve better than this.

blink.png

• Like 1

All red trolls in one thread. It sums it up. The level of intellectual debate is just astonishing. Keep it up guys. wai2.gif

You should up the level of debate by telling us where the other 5,999,500 people are. Or why his own people in the hi-so end of Bangkok today are not there.

Suan Plu - Silom - Sathorn is Suthep Country. that is where all the richer Thais live who supported him when he set off. Promise you this, there are more of them on the whiteshirts marches now than with him. I see them everynight heading off in white and more and more joining them.

Don't need much debate at this moment. Just time to let it sink in to the Country just how isolated he is. He is going to be booed and jeered soon once people realise how marginalised he is.

Fat lady hasn't sung yet but as she is warming up her voice.

Hope there will be "I watched the Coup fail via @richardbarrow's drone" T-Shirts

Edited by pipkins

RT @newley: Small crowd of protesters listening to band play in front of Asoke stage, 4:05 p.m. #BKKShutdownhttp://t.co/Sb187f1Ffh

What are you talking about? I can clearly see 4-5 MILLION people.

On a more serious note, I must correct myself. I earlier stated that there are 200 left. I must revise that number down to somewhere around "less than 100". Please accept my apologies for lying about the true number of protesters.

Befg6wJCMAAjyVV.jpg

Just read this related sound bite on BP, quoted from the facebook page of TS's son, Panthongtae: "My father has offered a ten million baht reward for apprehending the man who threw a grenade at the protesters, and this is in addition to the previous ten million offered for those who burned Centralworld Mall'.

At first, I thought it was interesting, then my brain exploded as the sentence finished. I am now a zombie, brain dead as brain dead can be...maybe I will go read Nixon's memoirs as tonic....

blink.png

Here comes the bickering. For the Bluesky crowd, PDRC are now complaining about the Army not supporting them.

PDRC co-leader Anchalee complained y Army not helping #PDRC after 9 days sleeping on strerts, adding "Bangkok is Thailand.

Bangkok is Thailand eh.... Hush your mouth woman, you are letting the truth slip and Suthep will have enforcers round to visit you soon.

• Like 1

A picture is worth a thousand words..

RT @newley: Small crowd of protesters listening to band play in front of Asoke stage, 4:05 p.m. #BKKShutdownhttp://t.co/Sb187f1Ffh

xBefg6wJCMAAjyVV.jpg.pagespeed.ic.V-Fcdl

That is what it has been like everyday, and that is the busy side of the protest probably at lunch as well. Even on Saturday afternoon it was exactly the same.

Last night about 10pm it wasn't much more than that.

On a more serious note, I must correct myself. I earlier stated that there are 200 left. I must revise that number down to somewhere around "less than 100". Please accept my apologies for lying about the true number of protesters.

Befg6wJCMAAjyVV.jpg

Nice try, buddy ;-)

Here are two pics, taken about 2 minutes ago. Proesters, as far as the eye can see, still marching, after an all day march, plus lots of people in front of stages...

post-25708-0-20005200-1390302978_thumb.p

post-25708-0-89359900-1390303001_thumb.p

How galling for all the anti Suthep posters. Every day cheering crowds give him money, in the evenings as people finish work, numbers swell at the rallying points. Meanwhile thousands of Bangkokians tune into Blue Sky TV every day.

Not just Bangkok people, who tune into Bluesky.tv. I live in a Predominantly Red area and you see it on that channel almost everywhere now. I think, people want to see live and with their own eyes, what is happening. A lot of them, start to wonder now and that is the start of waking up. Some worry about their money and have taken it out of BAAC, Government Savings Bank and Krung Thai Bank, more worry about getting paid for their rice and they worry about the money lenders, knocking on the doors of many now, they have no money in the banks, only debts.

I only laugh, when people start talking numbers of protesters, because as you say, at night, when people finish work, the numbers swell and main stage, where Khun Suthep speaks after 6pm, is always packed, as far as the eye can see.

The parade of people walking with Khun Suthep, every day, also stretches, as far as the eye can see and further. That is not counting all the people, who support him, but have been too intimidated to come out, by all the grenade and bomb attacks and all the people waving from the sidelines and windows.

Anyways, Thaksin said, "Suthep will be gone within 4 days (or was it 5?) cheesy.gif Once again, he has read the people wrong.

These posters, who keep talking about numbers, if they were right, Khun Suthep would have been gone, long ago, so why keep embarrassing yourselves, by posting such rubbish? wai2.gif

Agree with you 100%. Even my Red Shirt maid declared today that she's had enough of Yingluck - yet the usual suspects on this forum still don't understand that his is chess, not checkers, and the Kamnan is winning.

Really? You don't see signs of panic in the govt. Chess is only playable when you've still got pieces standing, Suthep's are largely gone it seems.

I'm pleased for your maid - that's democracy, if she doesn't like it she can vote against PT.

As to who was 'gone'? Perhaps you missed the final deadlines from the PDRC? How many have their been? It didn't work did it?

Edited by Snig27

Befg6wJCMAAjyVV.jpg

Nice try, buddy ;-)

Here are two pics, taken about 2 minutes ago. Proesters, as far as the eye can see, still marching, after an all day march, plus lots of people in front of stages...

attachicon.gifjan21-6 11pm.PNG

attachicon.gifJan21walk6 12pm.PNG

Kurt, seriously you should come down and see it with your own eyes. And you cannot see anything in what you posted, 3 small tiny blurry close ups of nothing. You are not in Bangkok so are looking at certain tv channels. I am in Bangkok and pass through Asok twice a day, and I am telling you at least before 5pm there are not more than 100 people milling about, the same last Saturday. Maybe there are more at other locations., but i am sure even anti government supporters on here can admit what i am saying is true.

Befg6wJCMAAjyVV.jpg

Nice try, buddy ;-)

Both taken 2 mins ago yet in one its dark and the other its light laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

Nice try, buddy ;-)

Seriously, photos from a TV set? So you are not there. Please post images you have taken there. A camera on the Thai equivalent of Fox TV doesn't count.

Nice try, buddy ;-)

Seriously, photos from a TV set? So you are not there. Please post images you have taken there. A camera on the Thai equivalent of Fox TV doesn't count.

o.k., just to humor somebody, who is obviously a few fries short of a happy meal. This was from Live TV. All three sites.

Why would I want to go to Bangkok, to a city that is polluted and overcrowded, unless I have to go there on business, to pick out my orders, once a year?

I don't even fly out of Bangkok, otherwise. I book my fights to Canada, straight out of Chiang Mai.

If I was Thai, I would have been down there to protest. Was down there, for the yellow protests, some years back, but only because Khun Chamlong was one of the leaders of that protest.

Anyways, anyone, who has any doubt, can see the numbers on Bluesky.tv , but there will be even more there now, as the night goes on. My pictures, were still taken during daylight.

Anyways, anyone, who has any doubt, can see the numbers on Bluesky.tv ,

i think what everyone is trying to say is that Bluesky TV might be somewhat selective in the shots they show ;-) and the coverage they provide.

In all seriousness try following things using more neutral providers as its pointless just hearing views to enforce your own, regardless of the truth.

The BBC is reporting that a state of emergency has been declared. Time to sweep the terrorists off the streets of Bangkok and restore order.

Going there Tuesday, got a meeting in London Wednesday. What are my chances of a. getting out of here, b. survival?

Edited by MJP

Nice try, buddy ;-)

o.k., just to humor somebody, who is obviously a few fries short of a happy meal. This was from Live TV. All three sites.

Why would I want to go to Bangkok, to a city that is polluted and overcrowded, unless I have to go there on business, to pick out my orders, once a year?

I don't even fly out of Bangkok, otherwise. I book my fights to Canada, straight out of Chiang Mai.

If I was Thai, I would have been down there to protest. Was down there, for the yellow protests, some years back, but only because Khun Chamlong was one of the leaders of that protest.

Anyways, anyone, who has any doubt, can see the numbers on Bluesky.tv , but there will be even more there now, as the night goes on. My pictures, were still taken during daylight.

So you are not here and have no idea what is going on beyond a gaggle of controlled TV channels.

We move on.

Anyways, anyone, who has any doubt, can see the numbers on Bluesky.tv ,

i think what everyone is trying to say is that Bluesky TV might be somewhat selective in the shots they show ;-) and the coverage they provide.

In all seriousness try following things using more neutral providers as its pointless just hearing views to enforce your own, regardless of the truth.

Those pics probably show the entire crowd and they have zoomed in to make the screen full of people but there are only a few hundred visible.

If there were people there, we would be seeing drone shots and aerial shots!! or any shots, they really had the press locked down today and ther were not ma pics from them

How galling for all the anti Suthep posters. Every day cheering crowds give him money, in the evenings as people finish work, numbers swell at the rallying points. Meanwhile thousands of Bangkokians tune into Blue Sky TV every day.

Seriously? I'm betting you are not in Bangkok. Last night at both Asoke and Ratchaprasong there were - in total - few thousand at the tops. I was there. Many of those were inquisitive tourists. Richard Barrow retweeted images if you doubt the numbers (not my pics). On the streets two days back when I saw Suthep there not enough people to fill both sides. Mostly there were older women who seem obsessed with him for some reason.

Sorry snig, I most certainly am in Bangkok, though I would rather be home in Ban Pai, still, it will soon be the weekend.

Don't forget folks, Suthep has 5 or 6 stages, Chaeng Wattana, Lad Prao, Rama 8 bridge, MBK, Ratchprasong.The crowd size at Lad Prao looked respectable just now(peak time).

Regarding the government's emergency decree- how convenient to declare it after some acts of violence against the protesters. Now we can see who benefits from the violence.

100 people there if he is lucky. so much for the 6 million.

looks like the protest is finally in its death throws

time for the SWAT team to throw in the tear gas and arrest this boneheaded dinasaur.

The source of your 100 figure please. Speaking of bones doggy you might want to wash the one you are chewing on. It might have something on it that impairs your ability to count. One picture of part of the parade shows more than 100 and don't forget the people cheering him on from the sidelines.

Seems to me that the closer the election gets the more desperate the pro Yingluck get with nonsense about Suthep.

Why not some thing positive about Yingluck. All they have is allegations against Suthep. Some even go so far as to lie about Yingluck and claim the majority wanted her when it was only 48% far from a majority.

Answer nothing there to promote.

101, 201.... still 5 million, 999 thousand, 799 short of the 6 million estimate.

the protest is dying... only a handful of hardcore brainwashed grandmas left. deal with it.

Maybe some one spiked your bone. Still haven't got an idea of how many people at the tail end of a parade in one spot only.

Good move on the part the PTP did with the grenades. scare the people off and them invoke the emergency law to free Bangkok from ................darn can't remember how many you said were closing Bangkok down.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

A picture is worth a thousand words..

Now you are being unfair. By the time all offices close and the revolutionaries pick up their lattes, there will have double that, maybe triple if you count the tourists.

Where have all the Pee Nong gone - Na Krap

I COME FROM ERECTION ! post-133770-0-96843300-1390314045_thumb.

Edited by GazR
  • Like 1

Well I bimbled past Asoke at about 8 pm (peak time) and there were about 3000 people there at the very most, listening to Sooty ranting away on the big screens.

I returned just after midnight, admittedly having consumed industrial quantities of beer, and there was no one there apart from his hired thugs in yellow bandanas ( sorry I meant the PDRC security guards), strutting around practising giving people hard looks.

I expect I will wake with a headache in the morning.

Good night all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

100 people there if he is lucky. so much for the 6 million.

looks like the protest is finally in its death throws

time for the SWAT team to throw in the tear gas and arrest this boneheaded dinasaur.

The source of your 100 figure please. Speaking of bones doggy you might want to wash the one you are chewing on. It might have something on it that impairs your ability to count. One picture of part of the parade shows more than 100 and don't forget the people cheering him on from the sidelines.

Seems to me that the closer the election gets the more desperate the pro Yingluck get with nonsense about Suthep.

Why not some thing positive about Yingluck. All they have is allegations against Suthep. Some even go so far as to lie about Yingluck and claim the majority wanted her when it was only 48% far from a majority.

Answer nothing there to promote.

"Seems to me that the closer the election gets the more desperate the pro Yingluck get with nonsense about Suthep. Why not some thing positive about Yingluck."

Last time I looked Yingluck wasn't trying to attract attention to herself wandering around the streets of Bangkok, trying to forment a "revolution", making more and more outlandish comments every day.

That's why suthep attracts the comments he so richly deserves.

Instead of your constant sniping and putting down Suteb and the protestors, your continual negative drivelling, why don't you give us some positivity ? Tell us why PT are good, what have they done in their time that is good for the country, try and persuade us that the anti government protestors are wrong because PT really are doing such a great job. What's that....? You can't....? I knew it !

I had to pass through the Ladprao site as it is the only direct way I know from the BTS to my place, I was there at 21:00 and there were at least 3000 people there...And most of the supporters do not go out to protest, they just sit home and watch Blue Sky. The protests aren't half as dead as the red sheeple try to persuade everyone else they are...The guards checked my bag but they were very pleasant polite people and I chatted with them for a bit.