Should I run away to the mountains

leosuntime

Sounds like you would be alone...even in a crowd.

I don't think living away from the world is going to help, and the sound of your inner voice might be too monotonous.

Travel. Find that ideal spot. Stay a while till you get bored. Repeat. Life's too short.

if you are seriously asking, then maybe u have some doubts:

what happens if you are ill (malaria, dengue, dysentery)

food? farming is not easy and subsistance level farming isnt either, unless u can live on very little

u cant own land.

drinkable water may be a problem depending where u are

a lone foreigner nowadays might attract house robbers etc

immigration problems

money problems

easier , if u feel the need to get a way, is to go to a wat, as a foriegn monk or monk in training, there are many programs, if it all appeasl to u then u can extend the time. after all, the lifestyle u are asking about is practically the same at a wat (temple), or forest temple... food is provived as well as sleeping quarters, there are poeple around if needed but not if u dont want, but still safer in long run...

thats the positive in thailand, but u must give away totally your ego

Settling down with a new start isn't easy at all. And though these dreams may sound easy in reality it isn't. However I personally wish you best of luck. Life has mysterious ways to place the cards before us. Stay safe and stay safe.

pokahontass, on 22 Jan 2014 - 14:05, said:

Should I run away to the mountains

can i come with you, i only have one small dog now, i used to have a big white pussy but she ran away with my GF.

Many pussies around if you still want one.......white, black, brown.............whistling.gif

I highly recommend you watch the Harrison Ford movie The Mosquito Coast.

"

This film has it all! It is a fascinating look at the humanist mindset.

Basically, it goes like this: Allie (Harrison Ford) is a genius, who "dropped out of Harvard to get an education." While that seems to be the trend with several very successful Americans, this "inventor/genius" of unconventional psychological make-up, makes it the celebration of his life.

A modern-day Robinson Crusoe, Allie determines to move his family to the jungle. There they discover that paradise isn't paradise as long as evil men exist on this earth. Their particular awakening comes in the form of machine gun toting men who arrive in their slice of utopia, and demonstrate plans to both take over, and take his wife. The resulting Allie-led war ends the illusions of man-made heaven on earth.
Page last updated by ViperT24, 1 year ago
"
For those who like to stream or download movies it is at Veed.com (free sign up - I have no interest in them).

OP here,I'm haven't gone yet, but I'm seriously thinking of doing it still, I am reading every ones comments.

Maybe a group of us here on TVF ppl could just pick a mountain slice it up and let our human ingenuity transform into our own paradises. We could choose a mountain close to a town about 5km.

We put a stainless steel tanks for water up there. start planting the fruit trees and culling the less edible trees, introducing game to the area like chickens.

My first house would be a water proof hammock, after that i wanna dig into the mountain an make a 1 bedroom bear cave.

the mountain had better be a safe one, like after heavy rain there shouldn't be a land slide for example

I have no family that wants me or cares about me

I have no friends at all

Every day im alone...

That makes me jealous, I wish I was you. I like peace and quiet along with being by myself. ha ha

Edited by rotary

yes it all sounds great,but i lived for a year on a very isolated bush property in Aus after my divorce,no television,no phone,i don't mind solitude but after a while most people start going a little crazy,as i did,it was a good experience,but you really have to be a special person to do this,for most the loneliness becomes unbearable,and you start to forget how to interact with your fellow man,if you are probably in the small % of people who can do this go for it,i am not sure were your home country,is but if Aus,nz,us or canada you can do this there and it would be a lot easeir to do than here.

You should most definitely do it if you want to live in a small secluded mountain village farm for 5-10 years growing fruit, veggies and chickens without legal permission to stay.

The next question is, Can you do it?

In order to answer the question above you will have to list the various things that "doing it" would require of you. Then the real fun starts!

Good luck if you do decide to do it.