Thailand imposes state of emergency to deal with protests

Lite Beer

Good timing. Suthep has run out of moves.

The goverment has handled these "protesters" (terrorists would be a more accurate description) extremely well so far.

What about yingluck's brother, is he a terrorist or a sponsor of terrorists ?

offtopic.gif who cares hes not the one on the street atm the current mob is Thaksin is irrelevant to this topic .

How is the de-facto leader of PTP irrelevant to the topic of 'PTP declare a state of emergency'?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what a joke this govt is, they cannot handle the fact they are on their last legs and after declaring that they will not invoke this unless their is more violence they do it. This once again shows how pathetic the ptp are, they have no idea what to do and are reaching for straws. Lets see how long yl and the capo people can keep their hands clean from the blood, they are now responsible for any deaths.

if they are on their last legs ,why do the protestors not let the country vote?

Again Again Again

Do you guys never read over Posts

Every one wants an election, even the protestors

They just want it to be after the 180 days that allows Tasking to get his GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD

But I guess that does not suit you, stir up the Thais must be your ambition

The goverment has handled these "protesters" (terrorists would be a more accurate description) extremely well so far.

You are an a**. You have labeled a huge swath of Bangkok's middle class including my wife and a dozen of her friends terrorists. Including one of our friends from a very wealthy family (and her son) and another from a very well to do family. Let me guess, you are American? Only Americans and the odd Brit throws that word about so freely.

My wife as most Thai's protesting are not very politically astute and forgive the Thai's for not being very forward thinking.

Yingluck is a failure, they want her out

Appears her criminal brother is greatly involved in her govt

Rice pledging long a bane of the middle class grows as problem

General horrible mismanagement of govt

They have been thru two dozen constitutions and a dozen snd a hslf PMs. There is no rule of law - so please excuse them if they are just happy to tidy up a bit.

She does not understand or seem to care that what Suthep is demanding is undemocratic, even though it might be good for Thailand, who knows.

You and everyone that liked your assine comment knows nothing about Thailand, even less about terrorism and are the ones to be concerned about. The I got mine, everyone is a terrorist, expose yourself what do you have to hide crowd.

Please, just go home. Seriously. You have nothing to offer Thailand.

My wife is not a terrorist and neither are the tens of thousands marching in the streets for better governance.

Obviously, you are pretty much a self absorbed sort of goof. You have never been to any demo(s) yourself when you were young. You are simply for whatever makes your life easier.

Your Life

Easier

Edited by fifthcolumn
  • Like 1

Checkmate! Time to clean the streets and bring Suthep to justice.

And I guess your hero Taskin will also give himself up and face justice beside him

In thailand we cook and eat Pigs

We do not teach them to Fly

Please can I have a glass of what you have been drinking

Edited by tezzainoz

Bring the ruddy tanks out.

Let's get that Baht down.

50 to the US Dollar would seem about right.

The day I worry will be the same day they worry.

As in the past, tanks in = stability = baht up.

"As in the past....."

New World Order, mate.

Markets don't like Junta's anymore.

what a joke this govt is, they cannot handle the fact they are on their last legs and after declaring that they will not invoke this unless their is more violence they do it. This once again shows how pathetic the ptp are, they have no idea what to do and are reaching for straws. Lets see how long yl and the capo people can keep their hands clean from the blood, they are now responsible for any deaths.

If they (PTP) are so good.....why have rice farmers joined the demonstrators? Answer......because none of their empty promises have been honoured............so now even their own supporters are starting to see the truth. I expect the next to join Suthep will be the 1,000,000 + new car buyers who have not received their promised tax refund. And so it snowballs !

just phoned the wife and told her you said she was a terrorist for peacefully protesting ...thumbsup.gif ans...loud laughter,and then how old is he......

My wife said she could not hear your wife laughing

Maybe because to many other Thai's doing the same

This is 2014 and the wife has a mini ipad

and she has Thai Visa on her bookmarks

At the protest I am sure they have a

"This is what Farlang say"

I have said before all your comments could come back to bite you, when Thais reunite

And when Thai People start to thing Farlangs want to take over their country

But I guess you not care as you not live here

Was wondering where the 50 thousand riot police they brought out not so long back to "Control a protest" have got to ?

Seems they could not be found when grenades were being thrown and shots fired at the protesters.

Might be they will appear again to enforce the SOE.

I would LOVE to respect your vote.... 11 Million People voted for the Democrats last time. 13 Million for the TRT. Why is it that the difference in Parliament is not 13% ???! Because the Shin clan “Seng Sae Ku” (เส็ง แซ่คู) of Chinese descend changed the constituencies before the elections. Hence if you would respect MY VOTE the difference in seats in parliament would only be 23 seats. A great base to start another Government, wouldn't you say?

What a hypocrite you say our vote should be respected

But not say the Thai people voted the new constitution in to being

Unlike PTP who never go to the people they just say we are the Government and will do what we want

It looks like a move to force the military on the streets to stop the protesters from blocking roads and unlawful entry to government facilities or to force a coup.

Or the last move left, before they force more violence in the streets

what a joke this govt is, they cannot handle the fact they are on their last legs and after declaring that they will not invoke this unless there is more violence they do it. This once again shows how pathetic the ptp are, they have no idea what to do and are reaching for straws. Lets see how long yl and the capo people can keep their hands clean from the blood, they are now responsible for any deaths.

You are so sure that the majority of Thai People want the government to step down - if thats the case then an election would establish it one way of the other - you cant bribe every voter, in any event offering policies attractive to the poorer people in the North is not bribery but a sound and reasonable political ploy. In any riot or mass demonstration it is the organisers of it who bear the responsibility for any deaths. The main criticism I would have of YL is not actiing decisivly and getting Suthep (also a fugitive) arrested. I bet any money you like that if this undemocratic council were elected they would "find a way" to pardon his crimes. I would not be a Thaksin supporter but I also would not feel that I have the right to oust a government I do not like - the proper way is through the ballot box no matter how long it may take.

Again Again Again

They just want it to be after the 180 days that allows Tasking to get his GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD

just phoned the wife and told her you said she was a terrorist for peacefully protesting ...thumbsup.gif ans...loud laughter,and then how old is he......

I take it your wife did not the the see the savage attack on a Bangkok taxi driver 2 weeks ago or the assault which hospitalized the two policemen or the brutal assault which left a journalist from The Nation unconscious. I assume the random attacks on street vendors has also gone unnoticed.

Next time you phone your wife tell her to take of her yellow tinted glasses and open her eyes. She might get a surprise.

Maybe his wife is very busy at the moment trying to read all the people Taskin killed while he was in power

Oh sorry you forget to mention that

Now, we will find out if the Army is on the side of rule of law or lawlessness. Protecting the people from bloodshed or continue to see bloodshed. On the side of the people or politics. Respecting or disrespecting the Royal Decree.

Bloodshed. More hyperbole. Largely peaceful protests marred by a few small explosions from which we still do not know the responsible party. So it might be "your" side that did the bomb throwing.

If it feels to uncomforatble for you here (and any other old people), feel free to leave.

Board

Aircraft

Now

Checkmate! Time to clean the streets and bring Suthep to justice.

And to see all the charges of corruption against this regime fairly tried, and maybe extradite a well known fugitive too. Justice for all (or will they simply ram the amnesty bill through and whitewash him?).

Checkmate - I doubt it. All depends on what the army decide now, Thaksin has played his last card and his calling their hand.

Perhaps they'll go back and nail Suthep for the palm oil scam he perpetuated when deputy PM too?

My wifes reply is

"If he did this then he should have to appear before a court as well as Taksin"

Now how can you continue this arguement ?

• Like 1

what a joke this govt is, they cannot handle the fact they are on their last legs and after declaring that they will not invoke this unless there is more violence they do it. This once again shows how pathetic the ptp are, they have no idea what to do and are reaching for straws. Lets see how long yl and the capo people can keep their hands clean from the blood, they are now responsible for any deaths.

I have to admit to the uneducated masses it makes them look good. All they had to do was throw a few grenades and declare an emergency decree. Bingo they shut down the protestors.

"The cabinet decided to invoke the emergency decree to take care of the 
situation and to enforce the law,"

Now that they have made it illegal to protest. That is short for taking away their constitutional rights they can gaily carry on with their merry money making schemes. They don't have to worry about the people any more. If the people give them trouble just knock them in the head with their batons and caart them off to jail.

I just have a gut feeling that this is not going to turn out very well for them. Just a gut feeling no proof.

Your problem is

You are able to think with your brain

something many alot of posters here can not do

You may wish to re-visit the definition of "terrorist" and try again...........

If not terrorists, then insurrectionists. It's only semantics. Suthep has ordered candidate registration polls blockaded, candidates harrassed, ballot printing interrupted, occupied government facilities, intimidated and harrassed government workers, threatened management and employees of the Government Bank, threatened to shutdown communications and utilities, threatened to "foceably" remove Yingluck from government, and threatened to kidnap her ministers. He further announced to do whatever it takes to interrupt election day and prevent citizens from their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to vote. With this state of emergency perhaps the military can restore order, and provide security to ALL parties concerned, both in and out of government. Democracy and the Thai Constitution may still yet survive Suthep and grow stronger by a more civil and legal discourse of issues before the public.

Or we find out tomorrow that it's all been a ruse to get the EC to change the date of the election due to it being impossible to have an election with this State of Emergency in place .. hence the reason it's starting tomorrow and for 60days.... saving face and blaming someone else ..usual thing with the Shinawatra governments!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A very good posting

Makes me feel good that some people use their brains

The final desperate move of a frightened group of crooks, con artists, terrorists, con men, thugs, bully boys, intimidators and corrupt VERMIN.

I agree... the fascists really should go home now - no more attempted coups let the people decide at an ELECTION

good post!!! glad you have seen sense - welcome to Democracy

Again Again Again

But I guess that does not suit you, stir up the Thais must be your ambition

"sigh" get over your obsession and blame for the moment the country needs to return to some form of stability first and reduce the violence of recent days.

The election will and must go ahead, the opposition gave up its right to complain the moment it boycottted the elections, what matters most is the safety of the people and if the protesters cared about this country they would go home and enter into talks like any credible movement would do.

You did not finish

and even if an election is held there will not be enough Mps to create a government.

But who cares, we are spending the Rice farmers money

Bring the ruddy tanks out.

Let's get that Baht down.

50 to the US Dollar would seem about right.

The day I worry will be the same day they worry.

Typical posting by many Farlang here

"I do not care about Thailand, I only care about my self"

Now does that sound familiar, No wonder they support Yingluck

because yhe protesters simply cannot win an election! the people will always vote against them. has happened three times so far. the protesters keep f;lipping the coin hoping it comes up tails, and it never happens.

• Like 1

If they (PTP) are so good.....why have rice farmers joined the demonstrators? Answer......because none of their empty promises have been honoured............so now even their own supporters are starting to see the truth. I expect the next to join Suthep will be the 1,000,000 + new car buyers who have not received their promised tax refund. And so it snowballs !

We are now under new rule in Thailand

telling the truth is punishable with a jail sentance under the new ruling that has been put in Place

Suthep is power mad want tge gov to step down

And so he can run thailand with his corrupt

Cronies

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Duh

Try reading other threads

after the election Thai people will never allow Suthep to take control

There are much better leader in the shadows, who have the brains to know they not want to be seen in the protest direct

But then the truth does not cause problems does it when you support curruption

At last the army's bluff has been called. The generals now have to decide between backing democracy or backing a wanted traitor and his gang of terrorists.

So are you suggesting that The Army invades Dubai?

• Like 2

Suthep is power mad want tge gov to step down

And so he can run thailand with his corrupt

Cronies

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you read your very own post immediately above this effort?

Tinsom lives in his own dreams

Makes him happy to be a hero of the Taskin era in his own lunch time