thai driving rules

lucjoker

Bang on the nose Jesse. I have right of way, and if any of you lot try to get in infront of me, you'd better impress me with your tactical genius.

I only give way to people who I consider to have cut me up in such a sophisticated manner to make me believe they are better drivers than me. It doesn't happen often.

Thai driving rules ??? cheesy.gif

You gotta be joking !!

No he isn't . Thai driving rules are very simple actually..

ME FIRST.

Sadly, this isn't an exaggeration - it is the one and only rule on Thai roads.

Another aspect is the "my car is better than yours so make way" thing:

Ever notice how some guys park over two parking spots at the supermarket, even on busy days, with total disregard and contempt for other people? These are always recent, expensive-looking cars, so one can only assume these dimwits are actually led to believe they are superior to others.

http://www.talent-technologies.com/new/2012/08/emotional-quotient-thailand-eq/

• 3 weeks later...

Incredibly, you give way to the left here......I think.

I have NOT read all posts here in this thread, but I noticed that you are a handful of guys from some country mentioning

the same as this above guy do.. You find it strange to give way for vehicles coming from left in Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for myself do NOT understand these strange statements at all....... All Europe except of course England, have right hand

traffic.... Giving way from the right of course. In the past we in Sweden had left hand traffic and gave way for vehicles

coming from the left OF COURSE,,,,

I read that England with left hand traffic are giving way for vehicles for some ultra strange reason, coming from RIGHT... <deleted>!!!!!!

I find it most logical to give way for vehicles coming from left if you have left hand traffic OF COURSE......This is common sence

in Europe and have to be in place for the english as well......

Glegolo

If there is a "written" or an "unwritten" rule in Thailand it means absolutely NOTHING !.

The ONLY thing that matters in a case that the OP mentioned "if you were in an accident at a crossway......" is

1) WHO you are dealing with in the accident

2) How much will they accept right there and then.

3) If police are called in then how you present yourself etc (We all know if you are farang you are in the wrong anyways).

4) Who's Insurance company gets there first

5) Who has better insurance; "The person with the better insurance loses".

SO not to be rude to the OP in any way............PLEASE do not use the word "Rule" in Thailand.

If there is a "written" or an "unwritten" rule in Thailand it means absolutely NOTHING !.

The ONLY thing that matters in a case that the OP mentioned "if you were in an accident at a crossway......" is

1) WHO you are dealing with in the accident

2) How much will they accept right there and then.

3) If police are called in then how you present yourself etc (We all know if you are farang you are in the wrong anyways).

4) Who's Insurance company gets there first

5) Who has better insurance; "The person with the better insurance loses".

SO not to be rude to the OP in any way............PLEASE do not use the word "Rule" in Thailand.

If in an accident lock to doors, wind up the windows and call the insurance company. no need to deal with anyone other than the insurance company.