Suthep vows to carry on protests peacefully in defiance of emergency decree

webfact

If you want to believe the crowds were in high hundreds of thousands or millions you are at liberty to do so.I note you can't quite bring it on yourself to state it openly, preferring to rely on silly questions

Not every foreign reporter counts every protester.They make rough estimates based on experience.No serious source came up with a figure of more than 200000 at the highest point.

What you forget is that foreign reporters have (unlike you) have no allegiance to one party or the other.They don't care whether the crowd is large or small.

I omitted your Bangkok Post reference because I wasn't responding to it.No link was provided for the usual reasons and you made no effort to summarise the content.Finally the BP as a partisan paper (occasional guest opinion pieces apart) is not reliable on matters like this anyway.

I gave you the title of the article. Don't you know how to search?

You accuse people of lying because they mention an article that says there were 350,000? And you do that without even bothering reading the article?

That says a hell of a lot about you!

Yet another fib.I made no such accusation for the reason you state.

I don't spend my day glued to the keyboard.If you can't provide a link, provide a summary.

I note (again) you can't quite bring yourself to endorse an absurdly high crowd number.Go on, it'll make you feel better.What is it to be 500000 or 5000000?

But please no more faux 'searching for knowledge" posts on the subject.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to believe the crowds were in high hundreds of thousands or millions you are at liberty to do so.I note you can't quite bring it on yourself to state it openly, preferring to rely on silly questions

Not every foreign reporter counts every protester.They make rough estimates based on experience.No serious source came up with a figure of more than 200000 at the highest point.

What you forget is that foreign reporters have (unlike you) have no allegiance to one party or the other.They don't care whether the crowd is large or small.

I omitted your Bangkok Post reference because I wasn't responding to it.No link was provided for the usual reasons and you made no effort to summarise the content.Finally the BP as a partisan paper (occasional guest opinion pieces apart) is not reliable on matters like this anyway.

I gave you the title of the article. Don't you know how to search?

You accuse people of lying because they mention an article that says there were 350,000? And you do that without even bothering reading the article?

That says a hell of a lot about you!

Yet another fib.I made no such accusation for the reason you state.

I don't spend my day glued to the keyboard.If you can't provide a link, provide a summary.

I note (again) you can't quite bring yourself to endorse an absurdly high crowd number.Go on, it'll make you feel better.What is it to be 500000 or 5000000?

But please no more faux 'searching for knowledge" posts on the subject.

I did summarise it, and I gave you the article title. And you said "Why lie?"

Protesters undeterred by Emergency Decree, vow harsher disobedience
By Digital Content

13903537885734.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 22 – Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban, exasperated by the government-invoked Emergency Decree, declared that the anti-government movement will launch civil disobedience against every state order aimed at deterring rallies.

In a speech at the Pathumwan rally site last night after the Emergency Decree was officially announced, Mr Suthep said the government imposed harsher retaliation against protesters despite the fact that the situation has never been detrimental to national security.

The Emergency Decree is invoked in Bangkok and parts of some adjacent provinces, starting today and effective for 60 days.

“We’ll see if civil, police and military personnel will suppress (the) people when the Emergency Decree is enforced. We can be arrested, sent to court and put in jail if we disobey (the decree). If you’re afraid of violating the law and being jailed, you can pack your bags tonight and return home. If not, let’s fight on,” said the secretary general of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

“If you agree with the direction we’re taking, please bear in mind that it is civil disobedience. Let’s see what prohibitions the government will issue. We’ll break them all. We’ll walk on the streets they close. We’ll announce before we march to let people know that we’re engaging in civil disobedience.”

Mr Suthep said PDRC members will continue seizing state property today and instructed protesters at all rally sites to wait for his signal to launch strengthened operations against the government. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-22

At no stage more than 150,000 according to independent sources.To make generous allowance for error, say 200,000.Claims of 500,000 let alone millions are absurd.I don't understand the need to lie since it was an impressively large crowd at its peak, even if numbers have dwindled since.

A

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The Bangkok Post estimated about 350,000 in a detailed analysis in December. (article was something like "59,000 or 1 million")

I said independent sources .There were never anything like 350,000.

Which independent sources are you referencing? Several sources were simply using figures provided by the authorities, and we all know how reliable they are with any numbers.

You assertion that there was (note third person singular) never anything like 350,000 is based on what?

ps - we don't know what you said. We can only read what you write on this forum.

Edited by Baerboxer

Yeah but when we did it 4 years ago it was ok, but now the reds want to do the same it's wrong...whistling.gif

4 years ago the demonstrators were shooting at people, firing grenades about and looking more and more like an armed rebellion, complete with their own rebel general.

This has been a largely peaceful protest, supported by a massive cross section of Thai society, professions and organizations, mainly opposed to the corrupt PTP regime which was acting illegally and trying to force an amnesty and whitewash for its leader.

Do you see any differences?

Isn't there a warrant out for his arrest? He should try and be careful wink.png

Would have to have quite a few warrents out in his name at the moment and as each hour goes by the more the warrents grow, give the man enough rope and he will hang himself, or what ever - trying to go down as the hero of the people, who will start to worry now that they also might end up in jail., this might be the final straw for some of them, did not expect this to go this far,

Suthep it near the end of the road. Take what you won and go home to the farm. You continue this you not only hurt yourself you will hurt your followers. Save you fight for another time.

Sounds like you have never had the tenacity to stand up for anything in your whole life. The reality is that the end would be far more predictable for the current collection of 'elected' thieves and imbeciles who think they are omnipotent and have been lining their own pockets at the expense of the very people who put them in power.

Nobody ever enlightened you t the fact that you can not make an omelet without breaking eggs..

Give Mr. Suthep a hand Mirror. Then perhaps, he will see who is the threat to National Security.

By Digital Content

BANGKOK, Jan 22 – Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban, exasperated by the government-invoked Emergency Decree, declared that the anti-government movement will launch civil disobedience against every state order aimed at deterring rallies.

In a speech at the Pathumwan rally site last night after the Emergency Decree was officially announced, Mr Suthep said the government imposed harsher retaliation against protesters despite the fact that the situation has never been detrimental to national security.

The Emergency Decree is invoked in Bangkok and parts of some adjacent provinces, starting today and effective for 60 days.

“We’ll see if civil, police and military personnel will suppress (the) people when the Emergency Decree is enforced. We can be arrested, sent to court and put in jail if we disobey (the decree). If you’re afraid of violating the law and being jailed, you can pack your bags tonight and return home. If not, let’s fight on,” said the secretary general of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

“If you agree with the direction we’re taking, please bear in mind that it is civil disobedience. Let’s see what prohibitions the government will issue. We’ll break them all. We’ll walk on the streets they close. We’ll announce before we march to let people know that we’re engaging in civil disobedience.”

Mr Suthep said PDRC members will continue seizing state property today and instructed protesters at all rally sites to wait for his signal to launch strengthened operations against the government. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-22

Don't worry Suthep, the Government will not use the same method you used to killed protesters. How did the red shirt followers resorted to violence in 2010? You know very well what had you done to escalate what started off a peaceful demonstration demanding the return of power to the people for a new mandate to a violent one. The life of the people is not your concern, but the power to control and continue your corrupt practices.

Nobody believe you except those who have no choice but to turn to you caught by your manipulation and the maneuvering of their life.

I am sure the government will appeal for leniency for those who were caught by your manipulation and the maneuvering of their life if they surrender now.

Either you weren't here in 2010 to see what really happened or they have done a real good job with your brainwashing. The reds were armed militants looking for a fight. They started it, they killed people and became violent and the army had to do it's job. GET OVER IT ! The red sheeple conveniently forget what really happened and constantly keep pushing their lies about it. Just because you repeat it so often you believe it is the truth, doesn't mean it really is....

The army doesn't go in this time because they don't want to fight peaceful protestors - good for them !

Even if they were itching for a fight the army wouldn't go in because of the immense criticism they received for doing their job in 2010.

And if they were sent in and wanted a fight and their actions resulted in any deaths they would be added to the list of charges against Yingluck ( as her brother made sure happened to Abhisit and Suthep ) and even for your brother there has to be a line in the sand somewhere....

• Like 1

Mr Suthep said PDRC members will continue seizing state property today and instructed protesters at all rally sites to wait for his signal to launch strengthened operations against the government.

Once again he shows this is not a peaceful protest. He breaking the law and violating the rights of the citizens of Bangkok. Shame on you.

• Like 1

Suthep it near the end of the road. Take what you won and go home to the farm. You continue this you not only hurt yourself you will hurt your followers. Save you fight for another time.

At least he is here not like the dog who is hiding in Dubai.

Give Mr. Suthep a hand Mirror. Then perhaps, he will see who is the threat to National Security.

By Digital Content

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-01-22

then point it to Dubai

Mr Suthep said PDRC members will continue seizing state property today and instructed protesters at all rally sites to wait for his signal to launch strengthened operations against the government.

Once again he shows this is not a peaceful protest. He breaking the law and violating the rights of the citizens of Bangkok. Shame on you.

Have not you a brain to see who was the real criminal is. THERE IS A HINT FOR YOU ..THINK OF DUBAI.

Have not you a brain to see who was the real criminal is. THERE IS A HINT FOR YOU ..THINK OF DUBAI.

Hint. Guy who calls himself kamnan and is wanted on a murder warrant, hint.

• Like 2

I was driving down Sathorn last evening, when one of the "Million Man Marches" walked towards Lumpini!

At best 150 and they looked like professional alcoholics and a bunch of elderly.

Still I am thinking, the State of Emergency is helping Suthep.

They should have just let if fade away.

...although, I guess...he still got something up his sleeves...and I really don't wanna be there, when he plays that card!

What's not peaceful? Breaking or ignoring the law can still be done peacefully. Phua Thai did it when it suited them!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

At no stage more than 150,000 according to independent sources.To make generous allowance for error, say 200,000.Claims of 500,000 let alone millions are absurd.I don't understand the need to lie since it was an impressively large crowd at its peak, even if numbers have dwindled since.

A

The Bangkok Post estimated about 350,000 in a detailed analysis in December. (article was something like "59,000 or 1 million")

I said independent sources .There were never anything like 350,000.

Which independent sources are you referencing? Several sources were simply using figures provided by the authorities, and we all know how reliable they are with any numbers.

You assertion that there was (note third person singular) never anything like 350,000 is based on what?

ps - we don't know what you said. We can only read what you write on this forum.

You are welcome to believe any number you like; the approximate numbers involved can be ascertained by anybody not blinded by prejudice.Do your own research.The ludicrous numbers quoted though unbelievable form part of the Suthep shtick to suggest the protests represent the whole country.They don't.

What's not peaceful? Breaking or ignoring the law can still be done peacefully. Phua Thai did it when it suited them!

Once again you need to wake up. two wrongs don't make a right. Sounds like a bunch of babies here.

Don't worry Suthep, the Government will not use the same method you used to killed protesters. How did the red shirt followers resorted to violence in 2010? You know very well what had you done to escalate what started off a peaceful demonstration demanding the return of power to the people for a new mandate to a violent one. The life of the people is not your concern, but the power to control and continue your corrupt practices.

Nobody believe you except those who have no choice but to turn to you caught by your manipulation and the maneuvering of their life.

I am sure the government will appeal for leniency for those who were caught by your manipulation and the maneuvering of their life if they surrender now.

Either you weren't here in 2010 to see what really happened or they have done a real good job with your brainwashing. The reds were armed militants looking for a fight. They started it, they killed people and became violent and the army had to do it's job. GET OVER IT ! The red sheeple conveniently forget what really happened and constantly keep pushing their lies about it. Just because you repeat it so often you believe it is the truth, doesn't mean it really is....

The army doesn't go in this time because they don't want to fight peaceful protestors - good for them !

Even if they were itching for a fight the army wouldn't go in because of the immense criticism they received for doing their job in 2010.

And if they were sent in and wanted a fight and their actions resulted in any deaths they would be added to the list of charges against Yingluck ( as her brother made sure happened to Abhisit and Suthep ) and even for your brother there has to be a line in the sand somewhere....

Wow, more baseless and unsubstantiated accusations. Twisting, and distorting events of the past and apply them to the present situation - totally irrelevant.

Purely speculation and untruth concerning the partial or total no involvement of the Army in this Emergency Decree.

Your paymaster must be very disappointed with your performance.

• Like 1

Once again you need to wake up. two wrongs don't make a right. Sounds like a bunch of babies here.

Once again .. what's not peaceful?