Suthep vows to carry on protests peacefully in defiance of emergency decree

webfact

Hats off to those who did something to stop this country being reduced to government by thieves and thugs.

Yes, indeed. YS has done a great job at preventing Suthep from introducing his Peoples Council of thieves and thugs.

• Like 2

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty obvious a few weeks ago that they didn't have wide support. That point was made very clear when they started lying about the number of protesters, trying to turn 75000 into 6 million.

Why don't you just <deleted> and give your BS opinions based on brainwashed ignorance a break?

Even CNN, the propaganda machine of the most vile and mentally polluted nation on the planet has the number of protesters at 170,000.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/17/world/asia/thailand-protests/

And now the farmers are beginning to wake up ...

This regime is done.

Mr Suthep said PDRC members will continue seizing state property today and instructed protesters at all rally sites to wait for his signal to launch strengthened operations against the government.

Once again he shows this is not a peaceful protest. He breaking the law and violating the rights of the citizens of Bangkok. Shame on you.

How do you seize state property with only twelwe hardcore supporters left??whistling.gif

Have the feeling that Suthep have more followers here on Thaivisa than on the streets of Bangkok!!

What a fool he has been. After he had managed to get the amnesty-bill stopped, he was a winner!thumbsup.gif

But instead of using that victory within the framework of a democratic society, he continued his endless rants and meaningless marches.

As an old fox within politics,he should have known better!

It was pretty obvious a few weeks ago that they didn't have wide support. That point was made very clear when they started lying about the number of protesters, trying to turn 75000 into 6 million.

Why don't you just <deleted> and give your BS opinions based on brainwashed ignorance a break?

Even CNN, the propaganda machine of the most vile and mentally polluted nation on the planet has the number of protesters at 170,000.

This regime is done.

Does is really f'ing matter whether it was 50k, 75k, 150k, or more?

What matters is that a lot of people are pissed off with the blatent corruption and they are taking a stand to protest and bring about some change.

It can be argued that some of this effort is risky and possibly misguided because both sides in this situation are corrupt and neither has a good record of "doing the right thing" for Thailand. But, on the other hand, maintaining the current situation isn't working very well either.

My main point is that the exact amount of people on the streets on any given day is really irrelevant.

To prbkk, if there was an undeniable poll taken that documented that X million people were on the streets protesting in Bangkok, would it change your opinion about who was right and wrong in this situation? I think not... so it's a meaningless arguement... isn't it?

On the other hand, I think the absurdity of the numbers that the protest leaders have made (and some of their other comments as well) only serve to undermine their credibility... If they can't be reasonably straight with the numbers, how can you trust anything they say... It is hard to estimate large crowds accurately, so some leeway has to be given, but when they just blatently fabricate BS they insult the intelligence of everyone who is listening.

And, by the way, the PTP is just as guilty of this BS fabrication as the Dems are...

Unfortunately, it seems to be a cultural habit of Thais to just say whatever they want to be true, even if there is no evidence to support it and in the face of any amount of evidence that denies it. If you just ignore reality and create your own, no one is supposed to challenge you on it.

Somehow this is tied to this concept of "face", which makes no sense to me because it seems that you lose more face by making an ass of yourself by spouting BS that everyone case clearly see through than by dealing with reality as it is. "Face" seems to be the polar opposite of "Integrity".

In any case, this behavior is pervasive in the Thai culture... In fact, I think it is a core characteristic of "Thainess".

Isn't there a warrant out for his arrest? He should try and be careful wink.png

If there is a warrant out for his arrest, then why is he still out and about causing a lot of inconvenience to ordinary innocent people? Surely it should be easy enough to go and pick him up now, especially when the protesters numbers are dwindling.

This regime is done.

I always love it when these guy get brittle and start to flake, shoving their delusions on other posters.

Revisiting their preposterous six million protestors claim is one of the most effective to bring them out swinging at shadows. They know they swallowed the kool-aid and will have to live with it fo'evah.

Fortunately we can join them here in their war room via the computer screen and get their up to the moment marshaling of 'facts' to support their flaky conclusions.

Stay tuned, there's bound to be more...

peaceful thugs?

All I can see is some workers doing some renovations.. good on them biggrin.png

But at least they are not like the "work men " on the roof of the labour ministry.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just have the decency to admit they are not as peaceful as some like to pretend.

• Like 1

peaceful thugs?

All I can see is some workers doing some renovations.. good on them biggrin.png

But at least they are not like the "work men " on the roof of the labour ministry.

Just have the decency to admit they are not as peaceful as some like to pretend.

Maybe when talking about protests we just have a difference of opinion what peaceful is.. example this is a peaceful scene

post-195835-1390370806601_thumb.jpg

Mr Suthep said he would like to question the government’s justification to invoke the Emergency Decree. Well, if the Democrats WERE still in the Parliament, that would be easy to do and force Yingluck to listen. But he wanted to put the Democrats outside of the government so they can protest, but now no one in the Government has any obligation to listen to the insurrectionist. He can't have it both ways.

Mr Suthep said he would like to question the government’s justification to invoke the Emergency Decree. Well, if the Democrats WERE still in the Parliament, that would be easy to do and force Yingluck to listen. But he wanted to put the Democrats outside of the government so they can protest, but now no one in the Government has any obligation to listen to the insurrectionist. He can't have it both ways.

How frequently has Yingluck attended parliament when it's been in session? No one in government has an obligation to listen the current insurrectionist but they are under an obligation to listen to the insurrectionist of 2010 and escaped convicted felon.

Edited by Dogmatix

Don't worry Suthep, the Government will not use the same method you used to killed protesters. How did the red shirt followers resorted to violence in 2010? You know very well what had you done to escalate what started off a peaceful demonstration demanding the return of power to the people for a new mandate to a violent one. The life of the people is not your concern, but the power to control and continue your corrupt practices.

Nobody believe you except those who have no choice but to turn to you caught by your manipulation and the maneuvering of their life.

I am sure the government will appeal for leniency for those who were caught by your manipulation and the maneuvering of their life if they surrender now.

Either you weren't here in 2010 to see what really happened or they have done a real good job with your brainwashing. The reds were armed militants looking for a fight. They started it, they killed people and became violent and the army had to do it's job. GET OVER IT ! The red sheeple conveniently forget what really happened and constantly keep pushing their lies about it. Just because you repeat it so often you believe it is the truth, doesn't mean it really is....

The army doesn't go in this time because they don't want to fight peaceful protestors - good for them !

Even if they were itching for a fight the army wouldn't go in because of the immense criticism they received for doing their job in 2010.

And if they were sent in and wanted a fight and their actions resulted in any deaths they would be added to the list of charges against Yingluck ( as her brother made sure happened to Abhisit and Suthep ) and even for your brother there has to be a line in the sand somewhere....

Wow, more baseless and unsubstantiated accusations. Twisting, and distorting events of the past and apply them to the present situation - totally irrelevant.

Purely speculation and untruth concerning the partial or total no involvement of the Army in this Emergency Decree.

Your paymaster must be very disappointed with your performance.

Sadly I don't have a paymaster, I am not advanced in the cult as you are....You keep living in your little red dream worrld cult and I will stay here in the real world....

• Like 1

Do you realise that that NO ONE is in the parliament at the moment?

Yeah but when we did it 4 years ago it was ok, but now the reds want to do the same it's wrong...whistling.gif

4 years ago the demonstrators were shooting at people, firing grenades about and looking more and more like an armed rebellion, complete with their own rebel general.

This has been a largely peaceful protest, supported by a massive cross section of Thai society, professions and organizations, mainly opposed to the corrupt PTP regime which was acting illegally and trying to force an amnesty and whitewash for its leader.

Do you see any differences?

I see delusion. This lot have hounded people from their offices, extorted money at checkpoints, threatened and harassed workers going about their lawful business, tried to smash down the gates of the Japan-Thai arena, assaulted media, tried to prevent Thai citizens from partaking in the democratic process and, much much more. We are faced with thuggery daily and you call it peaceful? Maybe that's why Richard Barrow is warning people away from the protests?

If you'd watched the thugs trying to break down the gates of the police headquarters as I did, screaming for blood, you would not easily use the word "peaceful".

Suthep has nowhere to go hes stuck until his paymasters tell him its over, I see Abhisit has made a quiet exit the last few days. lol

You must not watch/understand the news.

I saw him with the protesters on the news last night.

Wake up.

oh im sorry i didnt realise theres a law that says you have to watch the news every day thats nice you saw him, congratulations you get a gold star, id prefer him to stick around the camp it does his image the world of good giggle.gif

Here's what some readers of LA Times are saying about Suthep and events in Thailand. Such a shame that some people in Bangkok (including the pro-Suthep/insurrectionist ones) just don't get it like these people do:

j. von hettlingen at 1:56 PM January 15, 2014
The protestors appear to have no clear political agenda other than a desire to turn the clock back to a pre-Thaksin era in which Thailand was run by a relatively small Bangkok-based elite centering on the palace, the military, the bureaucracy and major business groups. This tiny circle and its supporters used to call the shots and have provincial voters marginalised.
They know they won't be able to garner enough support at the polls. They take to their streets and hope to provoke a military coup of some kind, if violence erupts.
Padova44 at 2:26 PM January 14, 2014
An accurare informative analysis.
The 'Ancien Regime' hates having democracy intrude on their easy parasitic existence. Hence this reaction led by an anosognosiac buffoon.
Paul Kyl at 10:33 AM January 14, 2014
Suthep is a terrorist, hell bent on bringing down a democratically elected govt.
Suthep knows he can't win at the poll so he is using terror to accomplish his agenda.
The Thai govt needs to eradicate vermins and terrorists like Suthep.
The yellows are just a band of lawless thugs.
Democracy will prevail in Thailand. If not, it's time to split the country into Bangkok and Thailand.
SteveInRB at 1:15 PM January 14, 2014
Lexter -
If Suthep is the people's choice, take part in the elections instead of ruling by mob.
Edited by tilac2
  • Like 2

Here's what some readers of LA Times are saying about Suthep and events in Thailand. Such a shame that some people in Bangkok (including the pro-Suthep/insurrectionist ones) just don't get it like these people do:

j. von hettlingen at 1:56 PM January 15, 2014

The protestors appear to have no clear political agenda other than a desire to turn the clock back to a pre-Thaksin era in which Thailand was run by a relatively small Bangkok-based elite centering on the palace, the military, the bureaucracy and major business groups. This tiny circle and its supporters used to call the shots and have provincial voters marginalised.

They know they won't be able to garner enough support at the polls. They take to their streets and hope to provoke a military coup of some kind, if violence erupts.

Padova44 at 2:26 PM January 14, 2014

An accurare informative analysis.

The 'Ancien Regime' hates having democracy intrude on their easy parasitic existence. Hence this reaction led by an anosognosiac buffoon.

Paul Kyl at 10:33 AM January 14, 2014

Suthep is a terrorist, hell bent on bringing down a democratically elected govt.

Suthep knows he can't win at the poll so he is using terror to accomplish his agenda.

The Thai govt needs to eradicate vermins and terrorists like Suthep.

The yellows are just a band of lawless thugs.

Democracy will prevail in Thailand. If not, it's time to split the country into Bangkok and Thailand.

SteveInRB at 1:15 PM January 14, 2014

Lexter -

If Suthep is the people's choice, take part in the elections instead of ruling by mob.

Are you they weren't taken from Thai Visa?

Sent from my phone ...

Suthep has nowhere to go hes stuck until his paymasters tell him its over, I see Abhisit has made a quiet exit the last few days. lol

You must not watch/understand the news.

I saw him with the protesters on the news last night.

Wake up.

oh im sorry i didnt realise theres a law that says you have to watch the news every day thats nice you saw him, congratulations you get a gold star, id prefer him to stick around the camp it does his image the world of good giggle.gif

No Law just common sense.

If you want to know what's going on in a country watch the local news and understand it.

If you don't your comments will obviously reflect the fact that you are uninformed.

As for "him" I assume you mean Khun Abhisit.

Not only did I see him on the news, but have met and had conversations with him.

When you are informed and educated on the facts that you comment on people will be more inclined to take your comments to heart.

Just sayin' wai.gif

Don't worry Suthep, the Government will not use the same method you used to killed protesters. How did the red shirt followers resorted to violence in 2010? You know very well what had you done to escalate what started off a peaceful demonstration demanding the return of power to the people for a new mandate to a violent one. The life of the people is not your concern, but the power to control and continue your corrupt practices.

Nobody believe you except those who have no choice but to turn to you caught by your manipulation and the maneuvering of their life.

I am sure the government will appeal for leniency for those who were caught by your manipulation and the maneuvering of their life if they surrender now.

Either you weren't here in 2010 to see what really happened or they have done a real good job with your brainwashing. The reds were armed militants looking for a fight. They started it, they killed people and became violent and the army had to do it's job. GET OVER IT ! The red sheeple conveniently forget what really happened and constantly keep pushing their lies about it. Just because you repeat it so often you believe it is the truth, doesn't mean it really is....

The army doesn't go in this time because they don't want to fight peaceful protestors - good for them !

Even if they were itching for a fight the army wouldn't go in because of the immense criticism they received for doing their job in 2010.

And if they were sent in and wanted a fight and their actions resulted in any deaths they would be added to the list of charges against Yingluck ( as her brother made sure happened to Abhisit and Suthep ) and even for your brother there has to be a line in the sand somewhere....

Wow, more baseless and unsubstantiated accusations. Twisting, and distorting events of the past and apply them to the present situation - totally irrelevant.

Purely speculation and untruth concerning the partial or total no involvement of the Army in this Emergency Decree.

Your paymaster must be very disappointed with your performance.

Sadly I don't have a paymaster, I am not advanced in the cult as you are....You keep living in your little red dream worrld cult and I will stay here in the real world....

Sorry, I do not live in little red dream worrld cult. Judging from the way you response to posters, your real world is a world of arrogant, confrontation, self-righteous. A world where people make baseless and unsubstantiated accusations also live.

Suthep is only the front man, highly protected. He's going no-where until the Shins are off stage.

Curious - by whom is he highly protected?
VERY VERY high.

Might be going into some dangerous territory there

Thats why many of the posts and comments on this site are just meaningless drivel as the hard truth is never going to be debated on a site like this. The actions of the court, Chalerm realising his power has been checked indicates the scale of the forces at play, whatever happens on Sunday, the confrontation will carry on.

Edited by Bkkbound