How can I seal the balcony to the concrete flat roof?

topt

Situation - flat roof with balcony attached. Balcony is just wooden boards supported on a steel frame.

When there is heavy rain the flat roof gets a lot of water off the main roof and this contributes to the water running over the balcony. Part of the balcony is right over the front door and the water cascades through the gaps in the planks. The water also I believe gets behind the steel support and it had bubbled the paint/plaster over the door which has now come away.- skim coat only.

We could get some guttering which may help but it would not solve the main issues.

I would like to cover the balcony above the door so it is watertight and does not leak. At the same time whatever I use needs to be sealed to the edge of the concrete. Ideally I want to use something other than wood so it is termite and weather (rain and sun) resistant. I have looked at the artificial wood products like conwood etc but they all seem to be in planks rather than sheets and I could not work out how they would seal each edge? If I have that wrong then I would be glad to be corrected.

I have attached some pictures which hopefully clarifies my description above. The third picture is taken from below.

post-108341-0-23487300-1390321086_thumb.post-108341-0-27339700-1390321112_thumb.post-108341-0-17744300-1390321147_thumb.

Anybody have any ideas?

The annoying thing is the balcony does not really get used at all but it is not an option to remove it. The railings all need replacing as the wood has rotted so looking to replace with metal so anybody know any good metal workers as well?

Pull up the planks and lay plastic/metal sheeting underneath?

Thanks but how do I seal that sheeting to the concrete roof/wall?

I was thinking some sort of heavy rubber sheeting over the planks with some sort of mastic seal at the wall end but I doubt it would last long in the sun.

I have used this stuff to seal many thin cracks and seeping cement. Around my windows, it has lasted about 5 years, so far

Bosny Acrylic Roof Sealer B101 You can get it at HomePro and many smaller shops.

http://www.bosny.com/che_roofb101.html

Thanks for that.

Now I need to find some suitable waterproof sheet material that can be stood on unsure.png