Too many dogs on Samui

They're just across the street from my place and yes I've been there several times and I'm speaking from personal experience and what I've observed.

They are everywhere and they kill chickens but because they have no owners the the owners of the chicken pick the closed dog with and owner and blame them

Well that's what happened to me anyway

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're just across the street from my place and yes I've been there several times and I'm speaking from personal experience and what I've observed.

I have not been there in a couple or three years, but think your comment on post # 30 is perhaps right on, Mole ...thumbsup.gif

I used to take photos of the dogs and cats, but the many hours spent were never appreciated and she wanted imagine sizes that were too odd to figure out on a computer ... ... so I gave up.... facepalm.gif This was for exporting the better animals off to Europe etc.

I no longer have any images of either centres,.... and I am not heading out to get more! John1 ....tongue.png

I will say, that the vet and other volunteers, do a good job with what they have.... Management attitude needs to change to get more community help ! rolleyes.gif

I used to make generous donations, but now, would rather use a regular vet, which I do on occasion. ...

Ok Jimmy you know me I always want photo's.

Now will put MOLE on the spot he lives across the road has a camera and has put Samui dog rescue down maybe he would be so kind to take some phot's and show what the problem's they have then we will appreciate if they are doing a good or bad job.

Samui Dog Rescue is not on trial here. As explained previously, they are a voluntary organisation & not a government run concern. They are not the sole caretaker of homeless animals.

Many a member from this forum have extended their time & money to also help.

Perhaps we need more people with this attitude complementing the work Dog Rescue do.

• Like 2

Samui Dog Rescue is not on trial here. As explained previously, they are a voluntary organisation & not a government run concern. They are not the sole caretaker of homeless animals.

Many a member from this forum have extended their time & money to also help.

Perhaps we need more people with this attitude complementing the work Dog Rescue do.

I think looking at there web site site and what they have achieved they are going a good job. As for member's helping yes a single member can do but not on the scale of this organization. What is your idea on how member's can help if there is really a problem I don't see it where I live.

Is this the place you guys are talking about, if i want to make some donations?

http://www.samuidog.org/adoption.htm

i hope so either that or it is a phishing site maybe Dog Rescue themselves need to post for guarantee.

Yes i praise the work they do and appreciate what they not only do for the animals but for putting some charity work into the island rather than using the island to reap in profit

nice when people give back time, effort, money to the island

As Thailand being a developing country leaves room for people to help out here with things that they cannot do in the west as need many years of qualifications. There are fully trained people here but there is also room for allot of volunteers to help resources to the professional people and make their jobs easier.

There is always something that people can do which you do not need to be qualified vet, doctor, fireman, ambulance driver or even police.

Things such as reporting a problem, high lighting a problem, providing aid to a problem providing advise for people that are lost and do not know how things work out here

To be honest, i haven't really noticed a big increase in the street dog population. Nothing like the increase in traffic, loud music, garbage, greed and of course....aggressive tourists.

If anyone has a problem with street dogs then call the rescue centre.

Do u do allot of walking running cycling or motor bike riding ?

Yes sir, i ride a bike every day. I reckon there's more chance of being chased by a ladyboy than a dog. But if anyone does get chased by a dog, stop and blow it a kiss.
  • Like 1

To be honest, i haven't really noticed a big increase in the street dog population. Nothing like the increase in traffic, loud music, garbage, greed and of course....aggressive tourists.

If anyone has a problem with street dogs then call the rescue centre.

Do u do allot of walking running cycling or motor bike riding ?

Yes sir, i ride a bike every day. I reckon there's more chance of being chased by a ladyboy than a dog. But if anyone does get chased by a dog, stop and blow it a kiss.

A friend of mine broke his wrist a month ago while trying to avoid a pack of dogs that ran out to attack his bike.

Just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it doesn't happen on a regular basis.

You can repeat yourself as much as you like, but it doesn't make you correct. In fact it's pretty insulting to all the people who have had run-ins with feral dogs that you try and pretend there's no problem.

Edited by pokerspiv
  • Like 2

You can repeat yourself as much as you like, but it doesn't make you correct. In fact it's pretty insulting to all the people who have had run-ins with feral dogs that you try and pretend there's no problem.

I wouldn't go so far as to say insulting but I know what you mean.

I've had a couple of run-ins over the years but managed to no get bitten because I am able to fend them off with the crutch I use to walk with. Couple of nights ago one bugger nearly had me on the Saleng. Missed me by 6 inches I guess.

You get members all the times barking [sic] on about people should leave their western ideas at home etc. etc. Sure, I'll do what the Roman's do and not give a monkey's about the dogs because the Thai's obviously don't. I'm a guest here and made to feel like one so no, I'm not going to clear up their mess for them. I'd be willing to help if they themselves were willing to lift a finger, but they are not.

On Average, almost 3 people are killed on Koh Samui's roads everyday. How many road deaths are caused by dogs? I would say most involve Drunk drivers.

So now you're saying that because the police have failed in their duty to police drunk driving, we should just stop caring about the dog problem?

Your contribution to this thread has been completely useless.

Edited by pokerspiv
  • Like 1

On Average, almost 3 people are killed on Koh Samui's roads everyday. How many road deaths are caused by dogs? I would say most involve Drunk drivers.

So now you're saying that because the police have failed in their duty to police drunk driving, we should just stop caring about the dog problem?

So please tell us all what you have contributed to help solve the so called Dog problem on the island?

In the area where i live the Dog situation is under control because i got off my ass and did something about it.

Tipical of these forums......All words and no action!

Get out of your comfort zone and see what goes on at the Rescue centre.

Edited by TheOggMonster
  • Like 2

So please tell us all what you have contributed to help solve the so called Dog problem on the island?

In the area where i live the Dog situation is under control because i got off my ass and did something about it.

Tipical of these forums......All words and no action!

Get out of your comfort zone and see what goes on at the Rescue centre.

Members Rooo and Samuijimmy have stated they have done action and become disenchanted for various reasonable reasons. Some time back member Rooo offered to pay for the wellbeing of an injured dog by way of another member. It is not 'all words, no action'. It is people doing what it worthwhile.

You would think from some ADULT posters , they would have more manners, feelings or BRAINS.

I have deleted several posts , I really do not care who you are, warnings have been issued.

TOPIC CLOSED.

PS ,

There are some very sick people out there.