Redshirt Activist Denies Links To Violence

Lite Beer

Redshirt Activist Denies Links To Violence

By Khaosod English

13903932771390393410l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The police have interrogated the Redshirt leader of Pathumthani province over his alleged ties to a recent spate of violence in Bangkok.

Pol.Lt.Gen. Kamronvit Thoopkrachang, commander of the Bangkok Metropolitan Police, has previously told the press that he has summoned Mr. Wuttipong Kochthammakul, a coordinator of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) in Pathumthani, after many reports tied him to violence against anti-government protesters.

The supporters of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) came under drive-by shootings and explosive attacks almost nightly at their rally sites across Bangkok.

Last week, two separate grenade attacks on PCAD supporters also killed one protester and wounded scores of others.

Mr. Wuttipong, who is popularly known as Ko Tee, has been accused by anti-government protesters of engineering the attacks.

The Redshirt leader also personally sparked a clash between Redshirts and PCAD supporters in Pathumthani earlier this month, after he drove his vehicle toward a convoy of PCAD demonstrators who were inviting Pathumthani residents to join their campaign against the government.

Pol.Lt.Gen. Kamronvit said Mr. Wuttipong must be held accountable to his actions. "I have instructed the officers to interrogate him in details where he had been during violent incidents," Pol.Lt.Gen. Kamronvit said, "We will also investigate Mr. Wuttipong′s previous offences, and we will investigate who his accomplices are".

Furthermore, Pol.Lt.Gen. Kamronvit said, the police have arrested two individuals in Bang Khen district who were carrying 23 small explosives, a handgun, and a number of ammunition. The suspects will be questioned whether they intended to cause violence to the protesters, while the EOD team will determine whether the confiscated weaponry is linked to any incident, Pol.Lt.Gen. Kamronvit told reporters.

Later in the day, Mr. Wuttipong arrived at Bangkok Metropolitan Police headquarters, where he told his interrogators that he had never been in Bangkok since the protests began; he claimed he has been busy with his radio station in Pathumthani.

Mr. Wuttipong also denied any connection to the arrested suspects, and insisted that he is not behind any violent incidents against PCAD supporters.

The police eventually released Mr. Wuttipong without pressing any charge against him.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1ETTVNekkzTnc9PQ==&sectionid=TURFd01BPT0=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-22

• Like 1

Am I reading/seeing this correctly?The headline is all about the Red faction, BUT the picture as far as this article goes, is non-Red related.

I ate to much so I need an assist here, please.

Thanks

There's a clear distinction between the pic and the story from the source link, but....(yep, got it...I'll quit while I'm behind)

Sorry to bother.

Edited by mamypoko
  • Like 1

well the picture speaks for its self.

It looks like what the average Somchai needs for a night out with his friends at the local karaoke-bar!whistling.gif

Just in case, if someone at a neighbouring table should insult him or his mother!

Only the gun is missing!

You didn't mention the ya-ba but I guess that's taken for granted.

"Did you plan or incite to plan to slaughter innocents with 23 pipe bombs?"

"No."

"Okay, you can go home now."

<deleted>?! I know a question mark and exclamation is not grammatically correct, but it is humanly correct. I wish we could swear here, but we can't, even though talking about decapitations, and child murders, and incestuous rape is fine, but say damn, and you get an underline. Watch it happen (one line back and I'm right).

This story makes me understand why so many are pissed off. But it does not make me support an autocratic continuation of a totalitarian mentality.

Well bugger me! Thai people can't be arrested at this time with the problems in BKK now found with the ammo and bombs in thier possession and be released by the police. Now as a farang if I want to do some honest labour I cant because of a WP! Iwould be in jail and deported!! They are so screwed up with their laws and regs that they do not even know or understand them! The land of I dont know but mai bpen rai. I am so sad to see this happen to this place I like to call home.

• Like 2

Pol.Lt.Gen. Kamronvit said Mr. Wuttipong must be held accountable to his actions.

The police eventually released Mr. Wuttipong without pressing any charge against him.

Mmmmm . . . great work by the Police again . . .

You just have to love how the BIB / DSI and all so called investigators here handle things.

No bland statement of ' on going ' enquiries but rather lay out everything that's planned or intended. Little wonder suspects can organise a defence or simply clean out their bank accounts and leg it.

facepalm.gif uhhh Duh either theres solid evidence or theres not,Mr. Wuttipong must be held accountable to his actions is a dumb thing to say when you just release him. Pretty sure it would be easy enough to check of hes been busy with his radio station as he claims.

"We will also investigate Mr. Wuttipong′s previous offences, and we will investigate who his accomplices are". now what in the heck does that mean, why not just say pending further investigations ?? if hes previously offended then surely hes been convicted in which case they are in the past, you cant go around saying offences if he hasnt been charged lol

As to the picture ? well its just a picture, they make no mention of any of it so im assuming its window dressing.~unless its this Furthermore, Pol.Lt.Gen. Kamronvit said, the police have arrested two individuals in Bang Khen district who were carrying 23 small explosives, a handgun, and a number of ammunition. The suspects will be questioned whether they intended to cause violence to the protesters, while the EOD team will determine whether the confiscated weaponry is linked to any incident.

Now I dont know about you but I think a cache of 23 explosives and a gun might just be worth taking a long hard look at. I mean what isnt to be suspect about that ??? lol this place is nuttier than a peanut factory sometimes..

"if hes previously offended then surely hes been convicted "

This statement shows a lack of understanding of the relationship between red shirts, the PTP government and the police, in particular the DSI.

Soon after PTP's election win was announced, the DSI dropped a large number (I forget the exact count) of investigations into red shirt activities, the definition of perjury was informally changed to protect the guilty, and as AFAIK there has not been one new case brought to trial involving red shirts or PTP MPs since then. Trials in motion have been delayed, convicted criminals have been allowed bail paid by the government pending appeals that never happen, and an amnesty law passed unanimously through the lower house which would have absolved any crime any red shirt anywhere may have committed if it could somehow be connected to politics.

Short of buggering and strangling a 6yo on "live" national television, Ko Tee could have committed any number of crimes that authorities are well aware of, but that the police have decided don't "warrant" charges being laid, let alone proceeding to conviction.

Edited by JRSoul

Am I reading/seeing this correctly?The headline is all about the Red faction, BUT the picture as far as this article goes, is non-Red related.

I ate to much so I need an assist here, please.

Thanks

There's a clear distinction between the pic and the story from the source link, but....(yep, got it...I'll quit while I'm behind)

Sorry to bother.

No different than most news articles. The picture appears to be the weapons seized from the two unnamed men. The red shirt denies knowing them. The connection, while tenuous, is that the police asked him if he was involved with the suspects. Why ask? Did the police have a reason to ask? Were they forced to ask because someone accused Ko Tee of being behind the two men and they needed to follow through? I so miss having details and rational reporting in news articles. Sometimes I think that we should have a law outlawing headlines. Then no one would read newspapers or online articles.

This is an investigation ?

speaking of investigations - what happened the girl that was left behind in the car and arrested in Bangkok after two males fled the scene shortly after it was involved in an attack on an anti government protest site ? surely she must have had some information about the people she was with

well the picture speaks for its self.

Does it?

Before I read your comment, I was asking myself, what I was seeing, because the picture and the caption have nothing -whatsoever- to do with each other...