Just Moved to Lad Phrao/Lat Phrao What to do here?

crazyguyinthailand

Hi. I Just moved here from around Khoasan Road. and I don't know anything about the area. My gf likes it and she pays the rent until I have an income so. I kind of like it so far, and after a couple months If I don't like it that much we can always move. Anything out here??? activity, anything except of working and hanging at THE MALL Shopping center all days?(Everything from where to hang, eat, sport, muay thai, steam room(sauna) church with English speakers as well, what kind of Farangs mainly live here?teachers?retired? Any info about anything is warmly welcomed? thanx wai.gif

post-198208-0-27425100-1390473035_thumb.

post-198208-0-40912800-1390473336_thumb.

Edited by crazyguyinthailand

Lots to do in that area. I have a house in Soi 33 since 2009, apart from the traffic I really like the area. Plenty around Bangkapi as well.

Yeah I don't have any big road close to my apartment so its fresher air and music for my ears hearing the birds outside my windows, not like where I used to live with a big road exactly outside with never ending traffic and bars. the only thing here is two things: A house has at least 8 big dogs when they start its a never ending orchestral and a hotel playing music all night. but you cant always have it all, and the music is quiet good and I like my apartment biggrin.png

Lad Prao is pretty big... give specific area for a better response

Indeed, a pretty long stretch of road, what soi number will do for starters.

Plenty to do up that way.

I'm at Lat Phrao soi 130.

So basically you are right opposite the hospital near to The Mall Bang Kapi in Wang Tong?

Heaps to do up that way, get out on your own and find out for yourself.

EG, lose the g/f for a day or two.

It doesn't matter because you have no income anyway.

Lammbock Bah!!! Only cuz I don't have a monthly income yet does not mean that I don't have money. she pays only the rent but who do you think pays for everything else. so the rent thing does not really mater cuz I stand for all the other costs, at least 5 times that.

How is that area close to KSR?

Thankfully its nowhere near it.

If living where the OP says, he would have to get the boat from Wat Klang all the way to Prantunam, at least 30-40 minutes, then change for the next boat.

With all thats on offer in this area, why anyone would want to head to KSR is beyond me.

• Like 1

How is that area close to KSR?

Thankfully its nowhere near it.

If living where the OP says, he would have to get the boat from Wat Klang all the way to Prantunam, at least 30-40 minutes, then change for the next boat.

With all thats on offer in this area, why anyone would want to head to KSR is beyond me.

Why would anyone wsnt to go to.KSR?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Hahaha! Where a bouts are you in Lat Phrao? I live on 101 and fully understand The Mall thing.

I asked and its: Bangkapi Provice. District Ladphrao. main road: Thanon Lad Phrao.

Just in case you'll ever have to write your address e.g. reporting it to immigration: You say in another post that you've moved to Th. Ladprao Soi 130 - that'd be in Bangkok Province. District (amphur) Wang Tong Lang.

• Like 1

Ahhh lad phrao...........i lived there for 10 months.....just up the road from central and around a lot of out of the way places to haunt if you want to take the time but im sure your TGF knows about them, ok if your under 30 its a fairly youngish area.

Traffic is absolutely bad news, most nights to 11am so i hope you like walking.

If you're bored you can wander around CDC (Crystal Design Centre) and look at how expensive modern useless furniture is, CDC also has a good choice of restaurants and on a weekend the place gets busy.

Town in Town area also has some not bad restaurants, "Op Aroi" seafood place is excellent.

If you're into golf All Star is a good driving range, all these not so far form where you are.

Theres a Muay Thai place on the corner of Padit Manu Tham road and Town in Town junction (near Regents school) but guessing there may be more near Lat Phrao itself.

• Like 1

Nothing to do in Lad Phrao. Get a richer GF and go to live on lower Sukhumvit Road.

Rich GF ain't going to let you do any of the things you'd move to lower Sukhumvit for.

Don't be so sure!

What a great life it is sometimes....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Any muay thai gyms here? I've seen people jogging looking like muay thai fighters. so I know there should be a couple here?oh and another ting: Any blind massage here?(Massage by blind people)?

the muay thai gym is just 100 meters from your apartmentlaugh.png i think its soi 130/1 or 2