Termites--exterminators In Bkk?

zeusbheld

i live in a high rise apartment in bangkok (well, ok, thonburi really).

i had some furniture made, the kind of khee nok stuff you see in isaan restaurants in bkk--that rough-hewn, two-tone wood stuff that warps to be bejesus but looks cool as hel_l.

i have reason to believe (little piles of sawdust) that it may have come with termites (no extra charge). while i appreciate the little extras, the termite option was not one i wanted.

i sprayed all the furniture with the usual bugsprays, and just finished polyurethaning them. the sawdust *might* have been from sanding, or from other wood-boring insects. but... just in case it is termites...

does anyone know of a good exterminator in bangkok, preferably one that fumigates with vikane? also can single apartments be fumigated, or just entire structures?

probably not termites for real ... some kind of bug though ... you can get stuff at home pro that is as potent as anything used back home and do it yourself ... otherwise talk to the management company

You'll know if it's termites quick enouth, the'll be nothing left of it in no time, I doubt if it is termite's as the other person said, probably just a beatle, Termite's are a real problem, I am slowly replacing all the wood in my house with plastic, termites can eat a wooden roof beam in a couple of month's or less!

these are probably boring beetles (beetles that bore, not subpar beatles out-takes). found a couple of BIG holes one of the pieces. sprayed profusely.

had a stool that was being devoured by termites, it happened quickly and the crossbars looked like swiss cheese, so i'm a little paranoid. the bookshelves were cheap, but i dont want the little bastards eating my books! parquet floors too grrrr...

i'm consulting with an exterminator on wednesday, as a precaution.

once GF gets her MBA and can support me in the style to which i'd like to become accustomed, if we buy or build a house, NO structural wood and NO wood floors. concrete can be stylish, done properly, i'll keep tellin' myself that...