Sour sauce - why?

AyG

Every supermarket in Thailand stocks locally made versions of Worcestershire sauce (known here as sɔ́ɔt prîaw), but I don't think I've ever read a Thai recipe that calls for it. Can anyone enlighten me as to what it's used for? Thanks.

I have used this as a marinade for pork chops for years, also put on my roast pork at the table, great on cheese and fried eggs, this and H.P sauce is the only sauce I use, but it has got to be Lee and Perrings sauce no other tastes the same

I have used this as a marinade for pork chops for years, also put on my roast pork at the table, great on cheese and fried eggs, this and H.P sauce is the only sauce I use, but it has got to be Lee and Perrings sauce no other tastes the same

Never heard of that one but i've tried Lea and Perrins. It's certainly a poor second to Hendersons Relish made in Sheffield.

• Like 2

It also goes well in (farang) soup, and with scrambled eggs,

(but in my opinion it will ALWAYS be a poor substitute for Hendersons Relish!) laugh.png

Oh dear, Mr Nanapong got in just before I uploaded this comment.

Well said sir, we both know where we originate from!

Edited by LoZth

(but in my opinion it will ALWAYS be a poor substitute for Hendersons Relish!) laugh.png

Edited by nanapong

Yes i'm from Sheffield , the red and white side. I have 2 bottles of Hendersons in my fridge at the moment brought recently by a friendly Sheffield lad. Use it mainly for stews or big pans of hash. He also brought a box of Lion wine gums , Rolos , Crunchies , Cadburys Caramels and loads of tinned stuff from Marks n Spencers on Fargate. So , at the moment i'm spoilt for choice with goodies but i'll be needing another courier soon.