Bangkok: CMPO bans protesters from entering buildings, roads

webfact

All of this under an ILLEGAL Emergency Executive Decree. Things should get very interesting, very soon.

Who declared it Illegal? Did someone appoint you to the CC court?

Your sarcastic remark to BuddyPinkam is out of order. BuddyPinkham is right. It is illegal. I recently read a very clear and well detailed letter by a retired Supreme Court Judge in Thailand. It was published in Bangkok Post. You certainly will not read about it in the in the Shinawatra government controlled media.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All of this under an ILLEGAL Emergency Executive Decree. Things should get very interesting, very soon.

Your sarcastic remark to BuddyPinkam is out of order. BuddyPinkham is right. It is illegal. I recently read a very clear and well detailed letter by a retired Supreme Court Judge in Thailand. It was published in Bangkok Post. You certainly will not read about it in the in the Shinawatra government controlled media.

We all did in fact read about it right here on TVF.

An OPINION by a RETIRED JUDGE does not make something illegal.

Congratulations Nowhereman60. you just did an entire post without the word "thug". Never mind, I'm sure you'll get over it soon.

I think it was a retired judge who said that the emergency decree was illegal so no great credence can be attached to that.

All this is, is the list of buildings Suthep and his group will march on next...

Do it; defy the dictatorship of PTP.

Its a list read via skype of places that make Thaksin uptight he can keep his crumbling oligarchy somewhat intact, especially with farmers turning their backs, and hiring fools like Chalerm to keep things in order.

As far as I know, dictators don't get elected in do they? How is the PTP a dictatorship? Legitimately elected into office, right?

Since when are bought votes legitimate ?????

I just had a look at the pictures above.

I believe government said there were only a few hundred protesters?

I doubt very much that is a current picture. Could have been taken a while ago, at the start of the protests 2 weeks ago.

Dunno about the dates of those photos... But this one was from tonight at Asoke.

attachicon.gif2014-01-24 19.01.48.jpg

Yes, it's like these most nights on Asoke, after office hours. I should know since I practically live on top of them.

All this is, is the list of buildings Suthep and his group will march on next...

Do it; defy the dictatorship of PTP.

Its a list read via skype of places that make Thaksin uptight he can keep his crumbling oligarchy somewhat intact, especially with farmers turning their backs, and hiring fools like Chalerm to keep things in order.

As far as I know, dictators don't get elected in do they? How is the PTP a dictatorship? Legitimately elected into office, right?

Since when are bought votes legitimate ?????

Since when trade union votes were bought, maybe?

We all did in fact read about it right here on TVF.

An OPINION by a RETIRED JUDGE does not make something illegal.

He's more likely to be right than any of the unqualified but jobs in here.

If courts are 'off limit' to the public does that mean even k. Suthep would not be able to go to court to acknowledge one more 'pre-meditated' murder charge?

His lawyer would have to show him the way anyway - he's never been there....

That's incorrect. K. Suthep already went at least two times to hear 'pre-meditated' murder charges.

Would you like to specify these "two times" he supposedly "attended" such a hearing? After being charged with murder in October 2013 abhisit and suthep said they were covered by the Emergency Decree and refused to accept the charge until they had been indicted formally in court.

suthep and abhisit were to be formally indicted on those charges on December 12th. suthep didn't turn up at the Dec 12th hearing but sent his lawyer to ask for a postponement to January. This was granted but he didn't turn up to the arranged meeting on January 8th. His lawyers did though and requested a postponement to 6th February.

Presumably he thinks that by then he will have his elected selected peoples council in place by then and everybody can forget about all that murder charge stuff as he will have an important job to do ruining running the Nation.

I await your post...................................

what is needed now to end this madness is honesty from the Thai Media :) I know I know

they need to report this for what it is. A failed coup.

Few hundred on the streets today, flanked by hundreds of PDRC paid guards, staff, Journalists, Army guards undercover, Sutheps bodyguards etc. etc. etc.

The game is up. and until the elite accept it, the hurt goes on.

There is no need and no call from any Gov. or media in the world, for a democratically elected goverment to pack up and leave the country.

Quite the reverse, we now need them to be strong, clear up the mob, and put many in prison or out of business.

Total shambles and Suthep changes his mind again today about not obstructing elections. The man is a loon and has badly affected the country

Bleat Thaksin all you like. He brought much good and business in. Rally round your ridiculous Thaksinophobia if you must, but the country needs to go forward, and go forward without Suthep and the treacherous Dem party.

• Like 1

If courts are 'off limit' to the public does that mean even k. Suthep would not be able to go to court to acknowledge one more 'pre-meditated' murder charge?

His lawyer would have to show him the way anyway - he's never been there....

That's incorrect. K. Suthep already went at least two times to hear 'pre-meditated' murder charges.

Would you like to specify these "two times" he supposedly "attended" such a hearing? After being charged with murder in October 2013 abhisit and suthep said they were covered by the Emergency Decree and refused to accept the charge until they had been indicted formally in court.

suthep and abhisit were to be formally indicted on those charges on December 12th. suthep didn't turn up at the Dec 12th hearing but sent his lawyer to ask for a postponement to January. This was granted but he didn't turn up to the arranged meeting on January 8th. His lawyers did though and requested a postponement to 6th February.

Presumably he thinks that by then he will have his elected selected peoples council in place by then and everybody can forget about all that murder charge stuff as he will have an important job to do ruining running the Nation.

I await your post...................................

Terrible sorry for delay, but by doctor's orders I try to stay away from TV in the weekend wink.png

It would seem at Abhisit/Suthep have only once come to hear charges by the OAG, other cases where 'just' charges by the DSI. BTW no hearings, just 'come to hear the charges'. Below a few of them. Execuses if I have missed some. rolleyes.gif

2012-12-14

"Abhisit and Suthep appeared yesterday at the Department of Special investigations to hear the charges read. The DSI’s charges stem from Abhisit’s decision to allow the military to use live ammunition on protestors."

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/news/murder-charges-brought-against-former-pm-abhisit-for-protest-deaths

2013-10-31

"Democrat party leader Abhist Vejjajiva and Surat Thani MP Suthep Thuagsuban today reported themselves to the Office of the Attorney-General (OAG) to formally acknowledge murder charges imposed for their role in the 2010 crackdown on red-shirt protesters."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/abhisit-suthep-hear-formal-murder-charge-oag/

2013-12-13

"BANGKOK, Dec 13 – Thailand’s former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his then-deputy Suthep Thaugsuban appeared before the country’s Department of Special Investigation today, affirming that they will contest all charges against them without compromising or fleeing the country."

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=50c9962b150ba0211e000070#.UuXvwL3QNCI

what is needed now to end this madness is honesty from the Thai Media smile.png I know I know

Few hundred on the streets today, flanked by hundreds of PDRC paid guards, staff, Journalists, Army guards undercover, Sutheps bodyguards etc. etc. etc.

There is no need and no call from any Gov. or media in the world, for a democratically elected goverment to pack up and leave the country.

Quite the reverse, we now need them to be strong, clear up the mob, and put many in prison or out of business.

Total shambles and Suthep changes his mind again today about not obstructing elections. The man is a loon and has badly affected the country

Bleat Thaksin all you like. He brought much good and business in. Rally round your ridiculous Thaksinophobia if you must, but the country needs to go forward, and go forward without Suthep and the treacherous Dem party.

That's your opinion. Thailand needs to go forward without the Shinawatra clan. That's my opinion.

As for all the good Thaksin and little sis' have done, why was the covering period of the 'blanket amnesty bill' extended to cover from 2004 (Thaksin's years) to 2013-08-09 (first two years of little sis' government)? Pure co-incidence?

what is needed now to end this madness is honesty from the Thai Media smile.png I know I know

If is as you say, what is Campo doing about? Seems like with all the protest sites depleted of protesters, Mr C can roll in there with guns blazing without much resistance. Or will it be a case of 72 hours before our next announcement to vacate or else?

I just had a look at the pictures above.

I believe government said there were only a few hundred protesters?

I doubt very much that is a current picture. Could have been taken a while ago, at the start of the protests 2 weeks ago.

12167420594_27b151f903_z.jpg

I took this pic from the footbridge to the Asoke BTS station at about 7 or 8 last night.

Edit: I hadn't read the whole thread when I posted this, I was probably standing near TallGuyJohn when I took this pic!

Edited by otherstuff1957