Galaxy Note 3 (9005) Kit Kat released

wxpwzrd

Too soon. I have had it all of about 30 minutes. Only had the Note about a week or two. I guess it has a smaller footprint and is supposed to be a bit more speedy.

Out of interest, were you in Thailand when you got it?

Yes .. I got it at the same time as UK .. with the time difference .. it was a nice surprise.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wouldn't upgrade to it just yet, reading trough the XDA forums, there're too many bugs in it. One of them is you do not have a permission to write to the external sd card I think, you can't create folders, apps can't write to it too, there is a separate patch that needs to be flashed to remove this glitch, but you have to be rooted for that I believe. Just too many bugs now, I'll wait, my rooted 4.3 JB works great

Too soon. I have had it all of about 30 minutes. Only had the Note about a week or two. I guess it has a smaller footprint and is supposed to be a bit more speedy.

Out of interest, were you in Thailand when you got it?

Yes

I updated my Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 and except for the locking screen, I see and feel no difference.

On the locking screen is an icon for (supposedly) direct access to the camera, but it doesn't work. Nothing happens when I touch this camera button.

You have to swipe up on the camera button.

I updated my Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 and except for the locking screen, I see and feel no difference.

On the locking screen is an icon for (supposedly) direct access to the camera, but it doesn't work. Nothing happens when I touch this camera button.

Give us an update a little later as you continue playing with your phone.

So far I've read a mixed bag of reviews on this new update, starting with people having all sort of problems and things not working on their phones, to (few) people claiming speed and battery life increase. I have yet to see anything in it worth updating. Kind of the same mixed bag that ICS was, which I skipped entirely and went from GB straight to JB on my retired S2.

Will probably wait until the Android 5 OS comes out (whatever it's code-name will be).

But yes, please give us an update and you use this new update more and more.

I recently bought a Galaxy Note 3 in the duty free on my way out of Thailand, which was for use here in the Middle east.

I tested it with my ME SIM card in the shop before buying and it worked fine. The DF shop claimed they had inserted the unlock code but I dd not see them do that.

My understanding is that so long as t has been used to make calls with a SIM from the region where it was purchased there is no issue.

However I do agree this whole idea of locking has been badly handled by Samsung and needs clarified.

From what I've read, only some certain countries got the Note 3 with region lock, and Thailand wasn't one of them.
For those unlucky folks, all it takes to avoid issues, is activate the phone with the SIM for that particular region inside, after the initial activation, the SIM can be removed and any other SIM can be used in place.

I think this whole idea or region lock is silly, as well as some other features on new Samsung phones (Samsung Knox, locked bootloader), they seem like they're going Apple's way trying to piss their loyal customers, I can definitely say that it will be my last Samsung phone (it wasn't the 1st one) unless they smarten up, and I'm not the only one of the same opinion.

From what I've read, only some certain countries got the Note 3 with region lock, and Thailand wasn't one of them.

For those unlucky folks, all it takes to avoid issues, is activate the phone with the SIM for that particular region inside, after the initial activation, the SIM can be removed and any other SIM can be used in place.

I think this whole idea or region lock is silly, as well as some other features on new Samsung phones (Samsung Knox, locked bootloader), they seem like they're going Apple's way trying to piss their loyal customers, I can definitely say that it will be my last Samsung phone (it wasn't the 1st one) unless they smarten up, and I'm not the only one of the same opinion.

Using a local sim to unlock it first is enough in theory, but I also read reports that it didn't work as intended.

As for being the last Samsung, I'm feeling the same way. They have nice screens and a good spec, but it won't take much to tempt me away. Maybe to LG.

The greatest result I see from installing Kit Kat is that battery life is much, much better.

The only negative I found so far is that MixZing, my favourite music player, won't open now.

Try deleting and reinstalling.

The greatest result I see from installing Kit Kat is that battery life is much, much better.

The only negative I found so far is that MixZing, my favourite music player, won't open now.

Try deleting and reinstalling.

It is a known problem - apparently they are working on a fix but seems slow in coming.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Any1 using note 3 (SM-N9005) on true move h ? I've just got 1 myself and the mobile data is not working on my note 3 (SM-N9005). Went to dtac shop earlier and asked to try out the network by inserting a dtac simcard and I instantly got a H+ connection. Haven't tried AIS yet. Anyone has experienced please share.

Anyway I've updated my note 3 to kitkat as well. So far haven't got any issues with the phone. Very happy with it so far.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by iGemini

Any1 using note 3 (SM-N9005) on true move h ? I've just got 1 myself and the mobile data is not working on my note 3 (SM-N9005). Went to dtac shop earlier and asked to try out the network by inserting a dtac simcard and I instantly got a H+ connection. Haven't tried AIS yet. Anyone has experienced please share.

Anyway I've updated my note 3 to kitkat as well. So far haven't got any issues with the phone. Very happy with it so far.

maybe you have to set your APN settings. The new Dtac sim probably had them baked into the sim.. I had to set the APN on my Moto G.

http://cosmicbuddha.com/2013/05/thailands-true-move-h-apn-settings-for-internet/

Thx 4 the tips. APN is set from new true simcard but still unable to use mobile data. Tried insert the same simcard into my wife's galaxy duos n instantly get the 3G connection.

Edited by iGemini

ummm so new phone and sim?

purchased from true?

Dunno, Take back to true!

I do know that when the US version of the Motorola Moto G got upgraded to kitkat they lost the H icon and it had to be patched .

Phone bought ftom oversea. Sim is new sim but the number is not. Went back to true already but the staff there can't figure out as well. They checked and said the phone is configured correctly.

I checked true, Dtac and samsung shop in Bangkok, all are SM-N900 variant, not SM-N9005.

Tried insert the same simcard into my wife's galaxy duos n instantly get the 3G connection.

I would closely compare the APN settings which apparently work on the duos, and then manually replicate those on the other phone.

I've seen many, many, many APN issues with TrueMove H, ranging from a bad username baked in to a SIM (Ture instead of True) to some phone models requiring default,supl for the APN type.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642543-no-mobile-internet-on-gt-i9100-sgs2-and-true-h-sim/#entry6447312

a bad username baked in to a SIM (Ture instead of True)

wow that really takes the cake

I'd been unhappy I had to manually enter APN settings (like an animal!) for my AIS card but if this is the alternative......then i think I'm gonna stick with DTAC haha

Edited by build6

Duplicated the apn setting from wife's phone with no success. Searched on the Internet and found a few set of apn setting. Tried all of them but still nothing. Really pissed with true now.

Also tried the link from true move h website to check if the phone can b supported by entering the imei code. Turns out my phone is not supported, which should not be. SM-N9005 has the widest range of accepted frequency/band.

Guess it's time to say bye to true.

Edited by iGemini

I assume you are familiar with adding an APN, then saving it, then restarting the phone, then selecting that APN?

I can think of no reasons why your N3 variant would not work with CAT/850 (TrueMove H)?

I've had to trouble-shoot a fair amount of TrueMove H issues, and in each and every case it was a simple matter of properly configuring the APN. Most people forget to save the APN after they have configured it.

Can you post screenshots of your attempted TrueMove H APN settings? Did you use default.supl for the APN Type?

Otherwise stop by a True shop where they should be able to sort out the issue for you.

I assume you are familiar with adding an APN, then saving it, then restarting the phone, then selecting that APN?

I can think of no reasons why your N3 variant would not work with CAT/850 (TrueMove H)?

I've had to trouble-shoot a fair amount of TrueMove H issues, and in each and every case it was a simple matter of properly configuring the APN. Most people forget to save the APN after they have configured it.

Can you post screenshots of your attempted TrueMove H APN settings? Did you use default.supl for the APN Type?

Otherwise stop by a True shop where they should be able to sort out the issue for you.

I am also very curious why my N3 variant can't work on true network, as it should work.

Attached is the ss of my APN values for truemove.

post-202173-13925223441655_thumb.jpg

post-202173-13925223581723_thumb.jpg