Protester who vandalized police’s name plate was found shot dead

Lite Beer

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is very disturbing and reflects the new lows to which Thailand has descended. That descent has been gradual over the past 30 or 40 years, it ebbs and flows, but violence seems to be more accepted today than in the past. I don't believe this is a red/yellow issue so much a reflective of poor education, endemic corruption, ridiculous ease of access to weapons, a national psyche that can't deal with the issues confronting it with its " big girl panties" on. We are going into a crisis here but it's not going to be solved by military intervention. That would just reset the ticking clock.

I had a laugh today reading an article in The Nation about the Venezuelan govts crackdown on soap operas on TV...gratuitous violence, weapons used rather than problem solving, shrieking and screaming, substance abuse, misogyny.....ring a bell?

Interesting on this thread that so many of those expressing outrage over this tragic death , showed ZERO concern about earlier , equally hideous events on the other side of the fence. In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man rules ( a slight variation on the actual quotation)!

That is one of the most desciptive 7 words I have read for months. What is the solution...which nation has ever overcome without extreme violence.

And now starts the police blame game from the yellow brown shirts.

Tell us all about how he probably shot himself, or Suthep shot him to make the police or the red shirts look bad. Nobody is tired of hearing it, we could read that crap for hours. By the way, have you got any information as to the current location of Elvis and John Wayne?

No. But I think it's more plausible that the guy was shot by some terrorist group that is not part of either the police force or the red shirts. I don't think the police would assassinate him for vandalizing a police sign. It's a bit far fetched.

I think it was those cambodians again

This place has tried every kind of politics there is in the last 70yrs. Absolute Monarchy, constitutional monarchy, dictatorship, subjugation and many military autocracies/junta's. You'd kinda hope they'd worked out which system to back by now!

Maybe time to change the population??coffee1.gif

some terrorist group !!!!!!! It was in Ratchaburi not the south or Iraq.

Just how many "terrorist" groups do you honestly think are in Thailand?

Try looking up the definition of the word in a dictionary. I know it's a very misused word, but it doesn't change the definition.

Well for example, firing bullets into a school of Muslim kids I am pretty sure will anger some people. If not, there are plenty of people who hate the fascist yellow shirts as it is.

Tell that to englishoak.

In his post just before yours, he emphatically tells us the exact opposite.

Well he is entitled to his opinion. I do not share it. Anything else you want to add?

Actually, let me clarify that. Certainly it could be possible that a group of rogue police officers were responsible. But I very much doubt they were under order from their superior officers. Because firstly the offence wasn't that great, and secondly, the police are under strict orders not to provoke violence. But I can totally understand the average police officer, and the hatred they feel towards these fascist thugs.

Tell that to englishoak.

In his post just before yours, he emphatically tells us the exact opposite.

Well he is entitled to his opinion. I do not share it. Anything else you want to add?

Actually, let me clarify that. Certainly it could be possible that a group of rogue police officers were responsible. But I very much doubt they were under order from their superior officers. Because firstly the offence wasn't that great, and secondly, the police are under strict orders not to provoke violence. But I can totally understand the average police officer, and the hatred they feel towards these fascist thugs.

Certainly heard that police hate the anti-govt protesters, particularly this student-people group. But putting a hit on a guy in Ratchaburi for the sign vandalism that he didn't even take part in seems a bit too much... if he was taken out by police, it'd surely be for strategic reasons. Is he providing guards? He was said to be "influential" locally - in what sense and what does that have to do with the anti-govt protest? I'd be interested to know along these lines.

You people sits safe behind your computers and making fun off people getting killed. Lets hope next time it´s not one from your families getting shot! Shame on you!!!

I'm after liberalism and liberty of choice... if someone is stupid enough to do stupid things and he will get killed in this process... well... one dumb person less on the planet which is actually very good for the rest of population... wai.gif

and the next time a drunk westerner does something dumb with his dumb friends i presume it will be ok to kill him. ? No, it will not be ok. and, no one is safe behind their computers. Imagine this one guy with a group of people, like a web forum, doing something symbolic in a dumb way, like someone posting something stupid for all to read... and gets killed for it.

meanwhile, happy posting.

You people sits safe behind your computers and making fun off people getting killed. Lets hope next time it´s not one from your families getting shot! Shame on you!!!

I'm after liberalism and liberty of choice... if someone is stupid enough to do stupid things and he will get killed in this process... well... one dumb person less on the planet which is actually very good for the rest of population... wai.gif

Award of the day for the silliest comment.

I for one do not believe for a second that police would kill because a someone vandalized their sign. It take something else to piss off a police. But, unfortunately, it may ver well be a politically motivated killing, something that is deeply disturbing no matter which side one keeps for.

Edited by paz

Vandalize a police name plate, get shot dead.

Looks like Chalerm is keeping his promise of upping the heat on the protestors. bah.gif

Police probably executing citizens....Suthep and Khun Abhisit are on murder charges only they used the Army with a warned live firing zone. Probably Police executing citizens...Yingluck is close to having the same blood on her hands when one considers that it is probably police executing citizens out of the blue, any old time, any old where. That the name plate was given special grace is still not an issue for police to probably execute citizens, being police, judge and executioner in a final outcome, even if they have completely different political views. The Police are out of control like the political system. But we have a wonderful solution...lets have another election...stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, and more so when its the same old crap that is being re dealt.

• Like 1

Assassinated 'Gangster' Not Anti-Govt Protester: Police
By Khaosod English

gang.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The police have dismissed reports that an anti-government protester who vandalised the police headquarters sign had been killed in Ratchaburi province.

In fact, according to police statement, the assassinated man was as Mr. Suppakarn Yoobanyong, 56, who was described by local residents as an influential "gangster".

Mr. Suppakarn, who went by his nickname ′Maew Baanrai′, was found dead on his vehicle at around 13.00 today near his son′s residence in Mueang district. Police said he was shot by a shotgun on his neck and right shoulder. Two shotgun shells were also found in the crime scene.

Witnesses said Mr. Suppakarn was driving home from his son′s residence when unidentified gunmen on a white car approached the victim′s vehicle and opened fire with a shotgun. The suspects quickly fled the scene.

Police have suspected many motives behind the murder, as Mr. Suppakarn had reportedly been involved in many disputes in the province.

Mr. Suppakarn was later identified in the rumour widely circulated on the social network as a protester who helped destroy the signage in front of the Royal Thai Police headquarters earlier this week.

Police spokesman office has released statement denying the rumour, stating that Mr. Suppakarn′s son had confirmed that his father was not present at the protest at the Royal Thai Police.

source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1EVTNOelU1TXc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-25

If this man was, indeed, the guy vandalizing police headquarters, he has shown a penchant for showing outrage.

This may also indicate that he could also be the type tht might exhibit a bit of outrage on the road.

This could be just another road rage incident, not that uncommon in Thailand.

Edited by Curt1591

Try looking up the definition of the word in a dictionary. I know it's a very misused word, but it doesn't change the definition.

Well for example, firing bullets into a school of Muslim kids I am pretty sure will anger some people. If not, there are plenty of people who hate the fascist yellow shirts as it is.

Does this include UDD / Red Shirt/ PTP?

Tell that to englishoak.In his post just before yours, he emphatically tells us the exact opposite.

This is just too funny. Let me guess, will this be the defense that Thaksin uses when he is finally charged for Human Rights abuses ???

Many posters should get ashamed of their hatred toward police.

They were proved wrong and I would love to see if they can at least once reckon their mistake and ask sorry for their insults and speculations.

Likewise, many posters should be ashamed of their hatred toward anti-government protestors.

They were proved wrong and I would love to see if they can at least once recognize their mistake and apologise for their insults and speculations.

Edited by tsnyder

Does this include UDD / Red Shirt/ PTP?

Even more so given their greater number of terroristic actions.

So you empathize with policemen that would murder someone over a vandalized sign and the other guys are the facists thugs? OoooooK....

Understand is not the same as empathize. Yes, they are fascists who intimidate and use violence. That is why I call them fascist thugs.

Edited by diceq