CBR150R vs MSX125

KanomPang

Ok, before I get started on this one let me get in there first, I'm in the market for one of the above bikes... yes!... what some of you (whom are probably to wrong side of 80kg perhaps) will refer to as ladies bikes... just before we get the usual trolling like;

'...why would anyone want such a girlie machine...' and

'...this post belongs in the woman's section blah blah blah...'

Anyway, I'm looking for something small, that you can whizz around town on and puts a smile on your face. The Suzuki Raider 150 has now been ruled out by the girlfriend as she refers to it as an 'old fashioned, low so Thai man's village bike' (her words not mine), I love them, and that would have been my first choice but ho hum anything for a quiet life. She's said 'no' to Suzuki but 'yes' to Honda (well she is Thai after all), she prefers the MSX but I'm thinking the CBR might just have that extra layer in so much you could have the crack say at the Chiang Rai circuit or on the twisties blasting up to Doi Suthep (well perhaps not so much blasting, probably more gently wafting along).

The question is does anyone actually own either of these machines and what are their thoughts, mainly about just having a blast and putting a smile on your face. I'm a bit too tight to rent them both for a day and find out for myself, so thought I'd ask and see if there are any younger hearted riders in Chiang Mai?

Cheers.

CBR 150 much better ride imho but not to your thai girlfriends taste for sure it's not cool.

When you say a better ride, do you mean, handling? or just generally it's an all round better bike?.

I've tried to read up on the engines and the CBR150 engine definitely seems a better prospect than the MSX unit.

The girlfriend likes the CBR but is worried I'll receive too much attention from girl's on it compared to the MSX cheesy.gif

Edited by KanomPang

Get the Raider for yourself and get her a Scoopy or something to keep her quiet smile.png

Joking about the MSX aside I actually considered getting one awhile back. Seemed like a really fun bike. I needed to be able to seat 2 people though so that ruled it out for me

• Like 2

Get the Raider for yourself and get her a Scoopy or something to keep her quiet smile.png

Joking about the MSX aside I actually considered getting one awhile back. Seemed like a really fun bike. I needed to be able to seat 2 people though so that ruled it out for me

I already bought her a new Scoopy last year biggrin.png and a car for myself whistling.gif but with the traffic around the city now I'm using her Scoopy daily instead of the car which is why I need the 2nd bike BUT the Raider is just an absolute 'no' well unless I want to be sent to Coventry for God knows how long...

I've been hankering after the Raider before they reintroduced it a few months ago. Power to weight compared to the CBR which weighs in at over 20kg more with roughly the same engine makes me think the Raider is an absolute winner!!!!

There is no contest here the mx is a tiny bike for doing tricks on with teenagers at 700 year stadium lol .

the CBR150 has bigger wheels has a clutch so you have more control over the bike and is better handling and is all round better bike but bigger bikes are generally not to thai tastes for getting round town if they are not really into bikes .

I would say the same as above get you GF a scoopyi to keep her happy .

• Like 1

get the cbr250 instead, i really regretted for getting the 150. im 90kg, pillion is 40, going up suthep is possible but it is nothing near gently wafting up. if you ever seen the ridiculous slope up the 2nd storey parking at kad luang, that is the limit. i nearly went redline there

For around town shopping, the MSX would be fine. But if you want to travel further afield and 2 up then go the CBR. Personally tho Id get something a bit bigger. Im driving the GF's 150 DTracker, its fun around down but really lacking elsewhere.

And Id add, after time on a small bike you'll be itching for something bigger.... although we all gotta start somewhere smile.png

You have already bought her a bike, tell her nicely it's not her choice and get yourself what YOU want!

I like the Raider 150 but hard to find a good one. Same applies for the Sonic 125.

I had a KSR years ago and the novelty of it (and assume the same for an MSX) wears off very quickly!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1