If I pay 300,000 I can get my stolen car back

Ants

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Statistically, I've found a lot more from Surin than Buriram, but between the two (plus Sisakhaet) it might be half.

Of course the fact that the Khmer phenotype is my "spec" may be a factor. . .

Your boring mate,,

I don't need to tell you shit,,,

Yes I busy in London with work so no time to explain things to dicks like you,

The other people who helped me out on here now know the outcome with my vehicle,,,and they have been thanked,,,

Yes I'm back next month,if you've got the bottle to laugh in my face then fair play,,,haha internet muscles,,

Oh and maybe if you show some sort of respect to Thailand I'd maybe show you some respect,,,post-200107-13913680560917_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Again, you have time to make a post to state your limited time does not allow for details.Yet in that same space, you could have posted the actual details.

I think we already know what happened anyways.:) Next time, don't marry a hooker…:) Just saying...

• Like 2

her brother gets around 60,000 baht(20 days x 3,000 or 15 x 4,000) a month driving a tractor, come in spinner. Thats more than teachers and some business managers make, somehow I dont think you have been given the right numbers unless he makes it up to that through gambling, the thai minimum age is 300 baht a day and he gets 10 times that, I dont think so.

U need to get put more matey, its 5k a day here for a tractor, trust me a lot of Thais are earning WAY more than 300 baht a day especially in BKK ,try 100+k a month

Not going to read through it all again so I ask, when all this asking for 300K, were you in the country ?

Who ACTUALLY paid/handed over the 30k in cash to your insurance broker ?

Scan your insurance main page and post it here, it's usually in Thai and English but if not we can translate. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

her brother gets around 60,000 baht(20 days x 3,000 or 15 x 4,000) a month driving a tractor, come in spinner. Thats more than teachers and some business managers make, somehow I dont think you have been given the right numbers unless he makes it up to that through gambling, the thai minimum age is 300 baht a day and he gets 10 times that, I dont think so.

U need to get put more matey, its 5k a day here for a tractor, trust me a lot of Thais are earning WAY more than 300 baht a day especially in BKK ,try 100+k a month

What type of job are all these Thais in BKK doing to earn 100k+ a month? I don't mean business owners and investors, but actual jobs where the person is an employee working for an employer.

The only jobs I know in Bangkok that pay well are where the skills are transferrable to any other country today. Last time I spoke to a friend at Bangkok Airways (A320 FO), he was $8,000 USD a month which is less than he could be making in Korea or China. But a normal Thai doing a regular job?

• Like 1

This sounds very family. My buddy from south africa was convinced to put the full price on a new car. It went in her name (yes, very stupidly). A week after the purchase, they broke up. He had been driving the car and parking it at his hotel. Sombody took it (of course she had a key and all the paperwork). Then she wanted him to pay even more to get it back and have the papers transferred to his name. The car, of course, disappeared. The police got a spare key. She more than likely sold it quick and just put a down payment on a cheaper one. All his fault.

Not your situation...I am hopefully sure.

If I were in your shoes, I would put the smallest down payment I possibly could on a replacement car. Not likely I would make any payments at all... Yeah, it is bad, but I would have a lawyer notarize something to the effect I was awaiting return of my stolen vehicle and would catch up on payments as soon as the original vehicle was returned. You might get placed on legal hold for missing payments......but you could use another person that did not mind the credit sting. Eventually, that car would get stolen as well...sure you could arrange that ... tit for tat...cuz nobody is watching out for you.

Legal hold is nice...no visa requirements. Seriously, use somebody else as they use you.

fatfather has nail head by sounds. Op, did you speak with insurance personally or your other half? Very suspect they don't cover it to like 80% of value. If all legit, I would get down there and keep on at them until they pay. Also, first class for those Vigos is like 20k... looks like you're being taken for a ride by someone.

Yes , I to was going to comment that 30k for even top class insurance was very high , and they always include 'theft'.

fatfather has nail head by sounds. Op, did you speak with insurance personally or your other half? Very suspect they don't cover it to like 80% of value. If all legit, I would get down there and keep on at them until they pay. Also, first class for those Vigos is like 20k... looks like you're being taken for a ride by someone.

Yes , I to was going to comment that 30k for even top class insurance was very high , and they always include 'theft'.

It would have been around 18K.

No answer to my few questions yet.

Indeed, some do, but most don't. Many are still below the 300 baht for normal jobs, and when it comes to the poor ole Burmese...

• Like 1

I don't follow the insurance costs at all. The insurance costs for my Camry when it was brand new were never that high, and now with only 28,000 Km on the clock I'm paying just THB 18,000 for full cover with one of the leading insurers. Who pays THB 30,000 a year for a Hilux?

smells like bs. 30k insurance covers theft. also one would have to meet the thief or thier accomplice when doing the deal to return the car. so just take a hired hand along and recover what is yours

ps having to sneak out for a fag doesnt mean sh*t.

Edited by jonesthebaker

Wow! Impressive. The median monthly income for graduates in Engineering, Business, and Computer Science in Singapore is US$2400 (approx bt80K). Didn't realise Thailand was so far ahead of supposedly more advanced (and more expensive) Singapore in terms of pay scales. I can only imagine how the Thai workplace will be flooded by desperate Singaporeans in 2015.

From my experience:

1. Police are sometimes involved in the theft of cars. The Chief of Police of Chachoensao around 1996 was caught driving around in a Mercedes stolen from an MP, he was part of a gang stealing cars to order and sending them across the border. Had it not have been a car belonging to a member of the Cabinet he probably would have got away with it.

2. B30,000 most definitely should include theft, mine did at only B15,000/year. I got back more than I paid for it.

3. Make sure your wife doesn't have a gambling problem. A friend was woken up one morning by people trying to drive away his car from outside his house. He found that his wife had been gambling and used his car to cover her gambling debts. Several other friends experienced the same problem. This could explain why she doesn't think the insurance will pay because it is seized against gambling debts and not stolen. The sum of B300,000 they want from you could be to cover those debts.

4. Another scam is that they buy a car and can't afford the payments then arrange with a gang to have it stolen, the car is sold and the owners and thieves pocket the proceeds. The finance company claim off the insurance.

5. If your insurance came to B30,000 with no theft cover sounds like you are being scammed by whoever you trusted to arrange the insurance. Sounds like you paid B30,000 for B7,000 basic cover and they pocketed the difference.

Edited by Estrada

At 30,000 Baht you had theft insurance I am sure. By any chance does the insurance company name start with a "V".

These guys would not pay on a vehicle theft we had about 10 years ago, sued them twice in court & won. They still would not pay. Beware of the "V" company when getting insurance. Avoid them.

If you paid B30,000 for insurance it covers theft. Not to mention that you paid 30% too much as I have the same truck and paid 18,000 for full coverage.

First you should check your insurance policy or have it checked by someone who is not a family member. If you find you have # 1 coverage which includes theft, demand payment from the insurance company. If you do not have full coverage, I would call the Police Dept. Anti-Crime Unit in BKK and tell them the complete story. Good luck..

We have a small fashion shop for her in buriram,,,

She had business cards left in her car,,,

Along with her copied insurance details and our car finance details,,,

if the car is still on finance you dont own it anyway ?

until the last payment is made i think it legally belongs to the finance company

Typically the legal owner of a financed car is the buyer. The bank only holds a lien against the car as loan collateral. A bank requires theft and collision insurance to guarantee collateral value against the loan. Proof of insurance is usally required by the bank. If the car is still under loan payments, if the bank discovers the car was stolen, it has a right to require the borrower to pay the loan in full immediately.

They are not being helpful at all,,

It feels like they are pointing the finger at us for getting it stolen,,

I payed about 30,000 for the year and they are sort of saying it doesn't cover theft.

We did a lot of our own investigation work by sticking a picture of the vehicle on Facebook,with many spots around chok chai and surin,,,

We told the insurers about what the police have said about paying the 300,000,

And the insurers agree it's the best idea to get our car back,,,,

Grrrrr

Hire a good lawyer. Get him to look the papers over and tell you if you have a case. If you do, sue the insurance company.

Going to the Cambodian border with Baht10,000 in your pocket is not a good idea. Taking the advise of a cop who is not even bothered to help you is not a good idea. Use the B10,000 as a downpayment on a new car (and this time find a way of making sure that the car cannot be so easy to steal!). And in future check the conditions of the insurance.

Unless you have a good connection with the real investigators in the police (equivalent to the FBI) who can track this stuff down, then great. But then I guess that since you are bringing up this on Thaivisa you don't have this connection. Besides, with the current difficulties in Bangkok and elsewhere, the police are unlikely to be of much use right now.

What I am saying is that you do not find yourself in a strong position and therefore you just have to slurp it down and start again.

They are not being helpful at all,,

It feels like they are pointing the finger at us for getting it stolen,,

I payed about 30,000 for the year and they are sort of saying it doesn't cover theft.

We did a lot of our own investigation work by sticking a picture of the vehicle on Facebook,with many spots around chok chai and surin,,,

We told the insurers about what the police have said about paying the 300,000,

And the insurers agree it's the best idea to get our car back,,,,

Grrrrr

Hire a good lawyer. Get him to look the papers over and tell you if you have a case. If you do, sue the insurance company.

Going to the Cambodian border with Baht10,000 in your pocket is not a good idea. Taking the advise of a cop who is not even bothered to help you is not a good idea. Use the B10,000 as a downpayment on a new car (and this time find a way of making sure that the car cannot be so easy to steal!). And in future check the conditions of the insurance.

Unless you have a good connection with the real investigators in the police (equivalent to the FBI) who can track this stuff down, then great. But then I guess that since you are bringing up this on Thaivisa you don't have this connection. Besides, with the current difficulties in Bangkok and elsewhere, the police are unlikely to be of much use right now.

What I am saying is that you do not find yourself in a strong position and therefore you just have to slurp it down and start again.

Eeeeeeeeeeer, hmmmmmmmmmmm, your police busy quote is laugh.png .

If you have first insurance it's their problem to get the car back or pay you market price if the car remains missing.

My guess is that your gf have something to do with the "theft" and the only way to find out is to take a cop to the guys who have the car and find out what is going on.

Gambling is the most common reason why car's disappear, if it's in your name or her's don't matter, the debt must be paid before the car show up.

Thanks for the few of you with good advice,,,

80% of you said it was my other half,when in fact it wasn't,,,

You lot have really been stung by Thai woman in the past,,,

Yet I bet you all have one at home,,,

The main thing is we got the car back with help from our finance company,,,

So thanks again

Waiting on your insurance company's name, you know the one you said you'd tell us about

a few posts before.

Tip, never trust anybody but yourself , especially in Thailand

• Like 1