Passport office for Thai passports

TheAceFace

Need to renew my sons Thai passport and apply for a first passport for our daughter, I am working away at the moment and the wife went to the office and it was closed.

I thought this office had recently just opened in Pattaya, does anybody know if it is closed for good or just temporary?

If it is closed is the nearest passport office to Pattaya in Bang Na or is there one in Chon Buri?

Any info would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Due to the protests in BKK all passports offices are closed, except the two branches in BKK at Bangna and Pinklao. So she can go to Bangna but be sure she is there early, as they now only serve a limited number. It will also take longer than usual to get the passport.

You are aware that you need to give consent if your wife goes alone with the kid for the passport?

Thanks Mario, great info.

So the Pattaya branch will open when the protest have stopped? We are not due to go away until March but I thought to get the passports now. With me being away I had sent a letter (Power of Attorney) that my wife could use. However she was told that I must be there in person as it is my daughters first passport. Not sure how true this is though.....she probably is listening to her friend who called the office.

Rodger on Bag Na, are they also issuing limited pports due to the protest, I remember years ago when we did my sons one there....we were in and out in no time.

One last question if you know, are the protests near Bang Na?

Thanks Mario, great info.

So the Pattaya branch will open when the protest have stopped? We are not due to go away until March but I thought to get the passports now. With me being away I had sent a letter (Power of Attorney) that my wife could use. However she was told that I must be there in person as it is my daughters first passport. Not sure how true this is though.....she probably is listening to her friend who called the office.

Rodger on Bag Na, are they also issuing limited pports due to the protest, I remember years ago when we did my sons one there....we were in and out in no time.

One last question if you know, are the protests near Bang Na?

Does not open until June 3rd...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643309-thai-passport-office-to-open-in-pattaya-june-3/

Not sure which year whistling.gif

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Difficult for her to take your daughter out of the country if you are not there ,my ex thai wife remarried but her passport was still in my name ,and she was stopped at the airport from taking her daugter out of the country till i sent divorce papers ,this was a long time ago ,but i think its still the same ,check it out before your wife takes your child out of the country if you are not with her.

ps ,same problem ,we took our son to renew his passport the other day and it said closed till further notice.

Difficult for her to take your daughter out of the country if you are not there ,my ex thai wife remarried but her passport was still in my name ,and she was stopped at the airport from taking her daugter out of the country till i sent divorce papers ,this was a long time ago ,but i think its still the same ,check it out before your wife takes your child out of the country if you are not with her.

ps ,same problem ,we took our son to renew his passport the other day and it said closed till further notice.

I plan on taking the family on holiday when I am back from work to Singapore for a few days, hence I wanted to get the passports sorted for when I am back, mind you maybe she will do a runner lol......only joking.

Thanks for the info guys.