Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

I agree , I think Rossi has been a lot better than I expected , Lorenzo is starting to pick up again , he appeared lazy before , sort of accepted defeat as soon as he was passed.

Come on boys gotta keep Marquez honest , get stuck into him. ( easier said than done I know )

Yes I think of the rest Lorenzo & even Pedrosa are the best chances to keep MM on his toes.

Heck at times I think if Ducati were a better bike Dovisioso would be scrapping with MM too.

But I also think the main difference is MM is young & has the eye looking at the prize.

Willing to risk it all

He has not had any really damaging MotoGP crashes so he is still fearless & willing to risk

it all for the crown even if it means shunting his teammate or Lorenzo mid corner etc.

Letting it hang out further in the slides & being the Honda is what it is he gets away with a lot.

One thing Honda has always done right is build the super ridable bike & add power. Ducati went super power

& then tried to get the bike to handle it...not working wink.png

All the rest have had serious injuries so it shows in their risk/reward willingness

to let it all hang out.

I agree with most of what you said here, but MM is not fearless. I know you said that he has not had any damaging MGP crashes, but I don't think the bike you crash on is a factor in realising your own mortality.

By all accounts his crash in M2 which put him out of action and caused him to temporarily lose his eye sight affected him quite a bit.

• Like 2

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit of a to do at the moment , MM has been accused of towing Ducati round at Indy last week and Brno yesterday in final qualifying.

This gives him separation on the grid from his main rivals.

He has admitted that if it were Rossi , Lorenzo , or Pedrosa slipstreaming him he would just back off.

I think he is good enough to win races despite his or anybodys grid positions.

Interesting one this. People have been congratulating Iannone on his grid position, but when Bautista regularly used towing tactics to get up a few places on the grid he was criticised and called a cheat.

Marquez has the right to tow around whoever he wants, what the reaction is of others is to that depends purely on how it affects them.

rolleyes.gif

Sorry guys, just goes to show what a week or two far away from the internet (and TV coverage of the races) does for you.

I didn't know Cal was to LCR - it makes more sense. No point in flogging a dead horse.

Edited by soihok

BEST Moto3 race I have ever seen

Really great!

Poor Rins sat up & thought he won with 1 lap to go.

May have been pit board error but bad luck for him.

But the actual finish 1 lap later was awesome as was the whole race

GP has nothing on this class for action wink.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Rins , bet he was mad when he realised what he had done , at first I thought he had a mechanical problem when he put his hand up and slowed down.

Pleased to see the 16 year old Italian get a podium , he had a great race.

• Like 1

1 10 Alexis MASBOU Honda 40'59.759

2 33 Enea BASTIANINI KTM +0.157

3 52 Danny KENT Husqvarna +0.187

4 12 Alex MARQUEZ Honda +0.200

5 8 Jack MILLER KTM +0.217

6 41 Brad BINDER Mahindra +0.310

7 44 Miguel OLIVEIRA Mahindra +0.470

8 7 Efren VAZQUEZ Honda +0.549

9 42 Alex RINS Honda +0.910

10 32 Isaac VIÑALES KTM +1.009

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

Ding Dong the streak is over wink.png

MM 4th

Good race

Pedrosa 1st

Jorge 2nd

Rossi 3rd

Thanks.

Trust me to pick the weekend to miss it. Was through any fault of any circumstance or was he simply not up to it.

• Like 1

I'm pleased MM got beat cos it was getting a bit same same.

Congratulations to Pedrosa , Lorenzo and Rossi , but I'm sure all the talk will be about MM.

It has been a good meeting at Brno , 138,000 crowd , excellent.

Rins , learn to count.

• Like 1

Was through any fault of any circumstance or was he simply not up to it.

You know I just missed them talking to him

It came later after the podium but right after race he sure had a crowd of techs in his pit box

Maybe some suspension woes but also his style is not suited to the long corners like BRNO

We will see at Silverstone

What was amazing is Rossi coming up on him & passing

Gotta give the guy credit still going strong as MM was not going slow

having passed Rossi earlier

MM had a lousy start & was wallowing in 7th I think but as usual pulled thru pretty quick.

Dani was a bit pressured at the end because he lost a 1.5 sec advantage & Lorenzo was 0.4 behind at line

I think 1 more lap & Lorenzo may have passed

But really happy for Dani he deserves a win

All 3 looked really happy I think mainly because they see MM is beatable again.

• Like 1

I'm pleased MM got beat cos it was getting a bit same same.

Congratulations to Pedrosa , Lorenzo and Rossi , but I'm sure all the talk will be about MM.

It has been a good meeting at Brno , 138,000 crowd , excellent.

Rins , learn to count.

Yeah I really like Brno circuit

Has a nice layout with elevation changes & a fast flow

I like Silverstone too...even if it does not have much elevation changes

& look forward to it.

Maybe the youngster , and that is all he is , was emotionally knackered.

All this week it has been non stop for him about the " record " or going all season unbeaten.

I think he will be pleased of this little break before Silverstone.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

Being the idiot that I am, I tuned in at 17:00 only to find that I had missed Moto 3 !!! The first race that I have either not seen live or recorded and later seen without knowing the result in about 10 years!

Sound like I missed a good one too! I'll see if any of the multiple Fox Sports repeats has at least the hilights later today...

With MGP, I was wanting someone else to win because I wanted the championship to open up a bit, but in the end I ended up hoping for MM to find the pace to win, nothing against Dani, but for another Repsol Honda to win hasn't really had the impact that seeing a Yamaha or Ducati win.

From what we saw from the rear facing on board cam on Rossi's bike, I'd say that Marquez was struggling for grip, he was all over the place! I wonder if he had a defective tyre?

• Like 1

Being the idiot that I am, I tuned in at 17:00 only to find that I had missed Moto 3 !!! The first race that I have either not seen live or recorded and later seen without knowing the result in about 10 years!

O&O

you can watch replay here if your internet is good

http://chibiro.net/MotoGP/StreamGP/GP3_14.html

Also the index of that site is quite good if you miss anything

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

O&O

Thanks for that, my internet isn't great but I'll give it a go later!

O&O

Thanks for that, my internet isn't great but I'll give it a go later!

Sometimes my internet is sketchy too.

But if you start it then pause it & let it load ahead awhile usually works ok

Good site, that mania. Thanks!

Strangely though, I left the video o pause while I had dinner but it didn't buffer at all, had to watch on my dodgy jerky internet.

Great race, good to see Kent on the podium, although I can't help thinking that he was a bit lucky!

• Like 1

America and one week later Brno has an affect on some people.

Funny race like watching races before Marc came with Vale back with Yam.

While watching the race Marc had a lousy start the pole position, pole should be on the other side IMO.

Marc was having a tyre problem from the start, he had the same med's as Dani but Dani's were good you only had to see the cornering from the two of them.

His brother came 4th so the honda boss of Japan say to order Marc you do same so we can win championship in Japan.laugh.png