Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

Yes strange indeed starting with Moto3 & Miller crashing right out

Actually Moto3 had a lot of carnage :)

GP class what can you say....Yeah MM is turning into a legend quick

Jorge said after he was just not comfortable & afraid given his crash there in the wet last year.

Agree Dovi did good too. Aleix Espargaro almost nabbed 3rd but Pedro was smooth as always

So next month I think? Cal has to decide to renew with Ducati or not & given his perf this year

I am not sure if he left he would find another seat. Maybe Suzuki but that is a ways off yet

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just seen the races. Brilliant. The weather sorts the men from the boys! And MM is a man ahead of his time. One more podium for Dovi and it's goodbye "open" privileges?

Surprised no one commented on Westy's win which was very well deserved. Shame about Lowes.

A big thanks to Miller for keeping the Moto 3 championship wide open!

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

• Like 1

Oh, a well connected person has told me that Crutchlow to Suzuki is as good as signed, he's just got to agree the exit terms of his Ducati contract (which allows him to opt out anyway).

I admit to losing my respect for him a bit, but at the end of the day it's his job and if he can get a big wedge of cash for leaving one struggling team and get another big wedge for joining a no hope team then I hope at least he'll be happy!

• Like 2

One more podium for Dovi and it's goodbye "open" privileges?

You know I forgot all about that

Edit: But I just realized that rule if for dry conditions so Dovi

needs two more podiums or another 2nd

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/03/22/motogp-racing-grand-prix-of-qatar-new-rules-explained/

Oh yeah, I forgot about the dry race bit…

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the WSBK races from Portugal last night.

Tom Sykes is now something like 40 points clear of Guinters now (who will be feeling a bit a plonker afetr doing a Loris Baz on Melandri in race 2).

Nice close racing again, Tom ran away with in race 1 but luckily the rain held off, unlike race 2.

A bit of a bizzare incident when Chaz D and Leon Haslam crashed into each other but it was good to see no one hurt. Next race is at silly times in the US, but still hope to catch the replays.

MotoGP in Germany on Sunday.

Can MM maintain his perfect scoring for this season?

I wouldn't like to put money on him not winning, lets put it that way.

• Like 2

What telephone do you use?

Lets hope that we have some stunning races to watch, and who wouldn't put money on MM "failing" to win again.

I'm all for MM, as well as all the gladiators willing to do battle with him. The last race was really close, this is what we want.

Now, just need to get my 6 year old girl off the Cartoon Network.

Looking forward to the races today!

Is this the last one before the "break"?

Yup beak time next race Indy Aug 8th

Well it was more of the same today eh?

I know it is a special record being created but man it is getting a bit boring heheh

9 races 9 wins tagged & bagged

Edited by mania

WSBK

Just watched the replay of the races at Laguna Seca. Tom still maintaining his comfortable lead in the points, and didn't he look happy at the end of the second race.

Did anyone see Guillano's Ducati skate down the corkscrew on its side?

How no one ran into it is a miracle. He was raring to go and pick it up and then thought better of it. You could see his concern for the other riders, they must have been almost blind to it as they came over the top and down.

MotoGP, after falling asleep during the break between Moto2 and MotoGP during the live broadcast, I tried to watch the MotoGP race replays twice now, but due to odd timing I have found myself falling asleep. Interesting start from the pit lane.

Well done to MM = 9 out of 9.

Can he go through the second half of the season without dropping a point?

The guy is a real star.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I saw Guiliani's crash, so did Toni Elias and Johhny Rea plus others real close up. Actually at Laguna and before thought that Elias who gets away real fast acts like a mobile chicane and allows only one per lap past which played right into Tom's hands.

Anyway they've only got three race meetings left as South Africa is cancelled and Russia was also ('due to sanctions?) Tom is just about home and hosed but the way he is riding it wouldn't matter.

Leon Haslam just won Suzuka so at least one win for the year, saw an interview with Checa he's mumbling about a comeback.

So MGP is where it's at. Indianapolis then Bruno only a MM mistake can rule him out from the clean sweep.

So, what do you thik about the last change of plans for Ducati / Crutchlow?

I think that Crutchlow has got a great deal really, one full year of Factory Ducati wages, then a big pay off to walk and straight onto the closest thing to a Factory Honda that you can get without a Spanish passport!

It's good for Iannone too as he frankly deserves the ride more than Crutchlow does. Also, there was talk of Pramac running a full factory GP15 (originally for Iannone), could that now go to Hernandez?

Can't see Smith staying in MGP for 2015 though (unless an Open class team like Forward want him as a number two rider). I suppose he's had a good run.

• Like 1

Well if Scott gets Bautista's bike as per the rumours it would be pretty much factory spec.

The only differences are the Nissin brakes and Showa suspension as far as I can recall.

Well if Scott gets Bautista's bike as per the rumours it would be pretty much factory spec.

The only differences are the Nissin brakes and Showa suspension as far as I can recall.

I would have no problem with not using designer labelled gear.

If the team hasn't the resources you can get the plastic covers reading "Brembo" biggrin.png

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

I won't be watching live either as I'm away for the long weekend, but I'll have the hard drive programed to record and will try to avoid seeing the results till tuesday!

Roll on R9, my bet is Marc 1st...... Dani 2nd.... 3rd not sure but would say Jorge.

Thanks for correction, rushing typo OK +1 = 10.

I'm not a Ducati fan but good to see Iannone up there in FP2, hope his pace stays the same throughout the race.

All riders are happy with the new surface and some corner changes, looks like a close race.

Might make Moto3 but the rest is too late, I'll fall asleep and the TV will be watching me as the

missus says.

What do you think of Miller going up to MotoGP directly next year on a 2nd LCR bike, could be a tad premature and wouldn't you want to be on the best bike?

• Like 1

If anyone is good bet to jump from m3 to mgp, my money would be on Alex Marquez before Miller.

I agree reluctantly because they should really go through the ranks but maybe I'm just too old for this stuff.

All the silly rule changes are making me angry enough I guess.

• Like 2

I am looking forward to see what sort of impression the Aprilla will make , the SBK version looks a good package , and I think Stefan Bradl is set to ride the Motogp version.

I agree with you Kwasaki , some of these rules are getting bloody ridiculous.

• Like 1