Can you buy beer brewing kits in Thailand?

lmfao

If you can where? I seen them in Australia when I was there. I also meet a lot of people in Australia that brew there own beer for a hobbies. Seems like a great hobby and seen as the Thai beer is not great compare to the German/Belgium beer etc...

I think I would like to try an brew my own, Does any of the TV members brew there own? and which product's do you use? and is it hard to brew a good tasting beer? wai2.gif

Edited by lmfao

It's illegal, so topic closed as discussion of it contravenes Thaivisa rules.

"Section 5 of the Liquors Act (1950) states that it is illegal for anyone to brew their own alcohol, or even have the equipment to do so.

The maximum penalty for contravention of this section of the Act is six months in jail, or a fine of 5,000 baht, or both.

If the offender sells the liquour, the maximum penalty rises to a year in jail or a 10,000 baht fine, or both.

Those are the maximum penalties and can be imposed for making and / or selling distilled alcohol (spirits).

The maximum penalties for brewing or fermenting alcohol - wine or beer, for example - are lower: 200 baht for making it and 5,000 baht for selling it.'

Source: Payoon Poolsuwan - Phuket Excise Office

//edit - the only exception is if you can obtain a license to do so such as microbreweries.

• Like 1