Tourist Visa Extension at airport?

What did you enter the country with ?

A tourist visa or did you just receive a 30 day " visa exempt " entry ?

If the former you can get a 30 day extension at an immigration office NOT at the airport ! -----------if the latter the most you will get is 7 days within which you must leave the country.

If you are arriving on a tourist visa, you will only get your initial 60 days at the airport. The additional 30 must be obtained at an immigration office responsible for the area where you are staying, normally during the last 30 days of your permission to stay. You fill in a TM7 form with one picture and the cost is 1900 baht. As said above the main office in Bangkok is currently closed.

I will be on a 30 day tourist visa for a 45 day stay in the Kingdom. i was hoping I could get the additional 30 day extension at the airport. If I cannot and Chang wattana is unavailable, do you know the other locations I can obtain the additional 30 days?

I usually just send my passport to the Thai consulate in Washington, DC, but I was wondering if I can just get it done when i am in Thailand at the airport upon my arrival

Edited by danmarnj

I will be on a 30 day tourist visa for a 45 day stay in the Kingdom. i was hoping I could get the additional 30 day extension at the airport. If I cannot and Chang wattana is unavailable, do you know the other locations I can obtain the additional 30 days?

I usually just send my passport to the Thai consulate in Washington, DC, but I was wondering if I can just get it done when i am in Thailand at the airport upon my arrival

You do not have a 30 day Tourist Visa, you are making a visa exempt entry. The longest extension you would get is 7 days, if you are a U.S. citizen, exit the country and re-enter for another 30 days, now can also be done at a land crossing.

Edited by beechguy