need help about visa in arrival extention

Hello,

I traveled to thailand in 1/1/2014 and got visa on arrival "in airport" for 30 days. So it will expire in 30/1/2014. The question is " can I extend my visa for another 30 days? and how I can do that? Can you please help me."

Edited by Thaki

No --------you can however get a 7 day "extension " from immigration at a cost of 1900 baht OR you can leave the country and receive a 15/30 day visa exempt entry on return depending on nationality.

You never had a " visa".

You were given a "visa exempt" entry.

• Like 1

Thanks for making it clear for me. So if I want to leave the country and coming back to get 15/30 days. Can I travel to Malaysia for one day or I have to spend more time outside the thailand? Is it possible to leave for one or two days and coming back to thailand for getting 15/30 days? anyone can help please

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

By land you will only get 15 days at a border crossing.

If you plan on staying longer than that you should go to a nearby embassy or consulate and get a tourist visa. It would give you a 60 day entry extendable for 30 days at immigration.

• Like 1

If you plan on staying longer than that you should go to a nearby embassy or consulate and get a tourist visa. It would give you a 60 day entry extendable for 30 days at immigration.

Thanks for the helping information I appreciate that. But if I traveled by airline can I get 30 days or it only be 15 days as I'm from Oman same as traveling by land??

Sorry I didn't see that he wasn't on the G7 list .Only 15 days by land crossing.

Edited by riclag

I'm not sure about that..I stand to be corrected .Some countries are allowed 30 days by land on a visa exempt. Didn't Thailand just change this.It use to be 15 ?.I realize it depends what country someone is from weather or not they receive 15 or 30.

An Oman national will get only 15 days, new rules apply only to the G7 countries.

I'm not sure about that..I stand to be corrected .Some countries are allowed 30 days by land on a visa exempt. Didn't Thailand just change this.It use to be 15 ?.I realize it depends what country someone is from weather or not they receive 15 or 30.

Only those from the G7 countries get a 30 day entry under the new rules unless they are from a country that has a bilateral agreement with Thailand that allows for a longer entry.

OP is from Oman which means he will only get 15 days on entry.

Only those from the G7 countries get a 30 day entry under the new rules unless they are from a country that has a bilateral agreement with Thailand that allows for a longer entry.

OP is from Oman which means he will only get 15 days on entry.

So if I go outside and come back again by "airline" I will only get 15 days only?!! Is that true??

Hello,

I traveled to thailand in 1/1/2014 and got visa on arrival "in airport" for 30 days. So it will expire in 30/1/2014. The question is " can I extend my visa for another 30 days? and how I can do that? Can you please help me."

I just made a border run after 30 days and then did a 7 day extension one other poster mentioned as I wasn't staying much longer more than 5 days after the run.

• Like 1

I am in the same position, I came to Thailand without a visa expecting to stay only 3 weeks. Now I want to stay for at least 7 weeks so can I go to Poi Pet and get another 30 days? If so, how many times can I do that?

As I understand you will get 15/30 days if you travel by land to outside the country and you can get 30 days if you travel by air.

Keep in your mind that if you are from G7 countries then you will get 30 days by traveling out of the thailand using land and if you are not from G7 countries you will only get 15 days by land.

I'm planning to travel to Malaysia for one day and coming back again by air. Is there any other advise?

Edited by Thaki