Advance voting in at least six constituencies cancelled

Lite Beer

Lat Prao election committe under verbal attack again.

Voters want their votes back and are congregaing in real life and putting up poster in real life demanding this.

Far from a one way street in Suthep land today. We have seen many moderate Thais rise to the challenge and stand against this mob,

Be5DojeCcAAMA06.jpg

Are you sure they are not just paid thugs by the PTP? How can you tell?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are absolutely right. Everyone who wants to vote must be a thug paid by Puea Thai.

I wonder if Puea Thai also pays thugs to vote in UK or US elections?

Otherwise I doubt anyone around the world would go to vote, if they were not paid by Puea Thai.

• Like 1

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thaksin just wants that Feb 2 election at any price. He knows his party won't be able to form a government afterwards but wants to be able to claim his sister, like him, is a democratically elected victim of a coup (or virtual coup), so that they can get a nice collection of press clippings and video clips from Western media to look at in their mansion in the undemocratic paradise of Dubai.

Appears as tho the CMPO is ovrstepping their role of enforcing the Emergency Decree and State of Emergency.

Since when is a CMPO Police Comission allowed to make Politicaal Statements and or Comments of how the Election Comission is carying out their Role of holding the Voting Poles?

Or to make Threats of Violnce or allowing Violence. Especially Extrajudicial Killing.

Yes the Police are Authorized to use force as necessry to carry out their Lawful Orders ad Roles.

But not to arbitrarily exceed their role as Police Enforcing the Law.

Things like this could very well undermine the Caretaker Government and Nullify the Elections.

Edited by KimoMax

Thaksin just wants that Feb 2 election at any price. He knows his party won't be able to form a government afterwards but wants to be able to claim his sister, like him, is a democratically elected victim of a coup (or virtual coup), so that they can get a nice collection of press clippings and video clips from Western media to look at in their mansion in the undemocratic paradise of Dubai.

Instead of the perpetual harping on about Thaksin by those who are obsessed on here, we should all be weeping for Thailand.

Today is terrible day for the Country and now things will only get worse.

To those who hate Yingluck, you should be grateful that there is a caretaker PM who is doing her best to eschew violence.

• Like 1

"The primary role of the Commission is ensure that that elections carried out in the Kingdom of Thailand is lawful and compatible with the Constitution. It is also in charge of enforcing National election laws covering: House of Representatives, Senate, Districts,Referendums, Bangkok Gubernatorial elections and Political parties.

Its responsibilities include the organization, management and counting of all elections and voting in the Kingdom, all procedures and staff will also be under the Commission's administration.

Prior to 1992, the responsibility of overseeing elections fell on the Ministry of Interior .............after the Thai general election of 1992, the Prime Minister realised the need to create a central and independent body, whose sole purpose was to regulate and manage elections."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Commission_of_Thailand

Part of that responsibility for the organisation, management and overseeing the Elections, advance or otherwise, is to ask for security where needed. THE E.C has singularly failed in it's duties in Bangkok and the south.

So, you were saying..................

I was saying that no where in your quote is protecting voters the responsibility of the Election Commission, so thanks for confirming that.

Comprehension problems?

"Part of that responsibility for the organisation, management and overseeing the Elections, advance or otherwise, is to ask for security where needed"

Total so far is that Advance voted proceeded normally in 66 provinces. Just the usual headcases in the south and few in Bangkok and surrounds.

Aint over yet as Voters rallying still to get another polling station re-opened.

All in all, many more people cast their votes than their were people trying to stop it. And this is just the preliminary stuff.

PDRC today found a line in the sand, crossed it and retreated back over it. They got far too cocky. They thought more people were with them than there were, they thought the whole of Bangkok would bow before them... It didnt'... and how.

I think that the media being complicit in the Coups gave them the impression that they really were a big movement. Certainly bigger than appears.

Can anybody see anything for the Country now should Suthep come back from this? Thought not

Be5PUMeCcAEijod.jpg

Yingluck wins, well played. There's no way she won't have the support of the international community. This can only be painted in one light.

Yes. A complete absence of ANY plan to govern the country ..just let there be a free for all. Pathetic!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We know that the Thais do not like international observers at elections, but does anybody know whether any international organisations are monitoring present events? What is happening needs proper documentation and maximum publicity. The links between the mobs blocking the polling stations and the political party and others backing them should not be neglected.

Edited by citizen33

Somebody hedging his bets and Voting. I hope the Great Suthep does not see this.

have to send whats left of the Thug Mob to sort him out. Who knows maybe some of the Dems might make a break from abhisit... Leave the loathsome creature with Akanant. What a little weasle he is. daddy probably sent him out to stake a place at the trough with Suthep for himself.

Be5wLx3CEAAwAkd.jpg

• Like 1

Somebody hedging his bets and Voting. I hope the Great Suthep does not see this.

have to send whats left of the Thug Mob to sort him out. Who knows maybe some of the Dems might make a break from abhisit... Leave the loathsome creature with Akanant. What a little weasle he is. daddy probably sent him out to stake a place at the trough with Suthep for himself.

Be5wLx3CEAAwAkd.jpg

Am I right in thinking that if these dems or any other party members wish to stand in the next election they have to come out and vote in this election?

Hence this mealy mouth trickster coming out

Be5wLx3CEAAwAkd.jpg

Under Thai law you cannot be elected to office if you refuse to vote.

real condemnation in the press and from the Real Human Rights watch. PDRC named.

Suthep crying on stage for army to protect him... I think after this PR disaster for the Coup in progress, the last thing the Army want to do is put them selves in the middle of this. Can't be long now and the crowds going to drop off to nothing again tomorrow so its not like the army could come in with any popular mandate. Not that they usuall need one.

Good thing about twitter is you get to see what all the real journalists from real agencies think of this. there are some real debates raging out there and none of them have been won by the fascists.

Be6Ct7vCAAEsy0A.jpg

What a banana republic... Who is supposed to protect voters and make sure they exercise their right to vote?

Unbelievable.

The police are moving now on one mob.

The fascist spokesperson for PDRC is bleating on Twitter that they are being attacked. Big cheer went up all down Rama 3 area when MCOT showed the PDRC getting a kicking.

Might be a lot more of this if they not careful

Too bad the police and/or army didn't move to keep the two sides apart to begin with. Not like this couldn't have been anticipated.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"The primary role of the Commission is ensure that that elections carried out in the Kingdom of Thailand is lawful and compatible with the Constitution. It is also in charge of enforcing National election laws covering: House of Representatives, Senate, Districts,Referendums, Bangkok Gubernatorial elections and Political parties.

Its responsibilities include the organization, management and counting of all elections and voting in the Kingdom, all procedures and staff will also be under the Commission's administration.

Prior to 1992, the responsibility of overseeing elections fell on the Ministry of Interior .............after the Thai general election of 1992, the Prime Minister realised the need to create a central and independent body, whose sole purpose was to regulate and manage elections."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Commission_of_Thailand

Part of that responsibility for the organisation, management and overseeing the Elections, advance or otherwise, is to ask for security where needed. THE E.C has singularly failed in it's duties in Bangkok and the south.

So, you were saying..................

I was saying that no where in your quote is protecting voters the responsibility of the Election Commission, so thanks for confirming that.

Comprehension problems?

"Part of that responsibility for the organisation, management and overseeing the Elections, advance or otherwise, is to ask for security where needed"

Honesty problems?

It doesn't say that in the wiki quote of the law.

It appears only in your own added words below it and, thankfully, your own interpretation is not law.

Edited by tsnyder

And what is the "one side of the story" that you feel Thai Visa is showing??

Protesters are blocking legal polling places and depriving citizens of Thailand of their right to vote. What more of the story is there? What farang in this world can support that kind of action?

Perhaps the side of the story mentioning fear of the election getting rigged. The side of the story telling about cambodians getting caught at voting spots trying to cast votes (we knew who has affiliations with the Cambodians, right)?

Could be worse. At least they are not going full Rawanda on them and cutting off their arms so they can't vote. But to be honest, I wouln't put it past them. It always seems to resort to violence here.

More good PR for the MOB. Dear Obama. we are not intimidating or blocking elections.

You really want to see fascit mob rule, wait until we get in power.

More non intimidation and no violence. Communists as well.... and army. What a shambles.

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

Many people think this photo is staged.

Here is the video:

• Like 1

I am not going to take sides in this now very emotional and more confrontational political issue in Thailand.

Just one thing I want to point out : elections are indeed important but must they must be fair and free ( not bought as in the USA or manipulated as before in Burma) and then be used by the new majority to improve the living conditions of ALL people and not only their own cronies....otherwise you have a democracy as I have known with the Marcos dynasty in the Philippines.

An election is NOT the end of the process as many people think ...it is just the beginning.

Funny enough I see some comparison with the illusions of many young people when they finally get married...they think they have "arrived" while in fact they just "started" for a hopefully long relationship which needs constant "renegotiation"

I want to quote Winston Churchill who said : "Democracy is a big mess but it is the best system of all the big messes" ...indeed in human history there has been no prosperity if the economy is controlled by force (dictators) ...just look at the worst case of our times i.e. North Korea

Thailand needs by all means free and fair elections to make living conditions better for ALL of its people

• Like 1

I am not going to take sides in this now very emotional and more confrontational political issue in Thailand.

Most of us don't have a dog in this fight, but we simply can't believe there are people supporting the Anti Democratic movement. For me, it's not about sides. In my opinion, the PTP just happen to be in the right here, and not like 51% right, but 100% right. I certainly don't consider them more noble or what not. I just would like to see democracy persevere.

Is Thailand really this fragile that it can let itself get crippled by the image they have of Thaksin?

• Like 1

Most of us don't have a dog in this fight, but we simply can't believe there are people supporting the Anti Democratic movement. For me, it's not about sides. In my opinion, the PTP just happen to be in the right here, and not like 51% right, but 100% right. I certainly don't consider them more noble or what not. I just would like to see democracy persevere.

Is Thailand really this fragile that it can let itself get crippled by the image they have of Thaksin?

So you believe elections are the "holy" expression of the will of the people : it means you support Mugabe in Zimbabwe who won all elections since independence and ruined the country ????

Unfortunately, I have no idea what that is about. I am in favor of Thailand moving forward with the current framework of government. I am completely of the belief that if they have a people's council move in, they will suffer an unimaginable fate.

As you, I understand there are flaws everywhere. That doesn't mean you throw an entire system down the drain in exchange for one that is worse.

Fighting to have rights taken away from you seems asinine.

Should you throw away a justice system that sometimes lets guilty people free? In exchange for what?

Unfortunately, I have no idea what that is about. I am in favor of Thailand moving forward with the current framework of government. I am completely of the belief that if they have a people's council move in, they will suffer an unimaginable fate.

As you, I understand there are flaws everywhere. That doesn't mean you throw an entire system down the drain in exchange for one that is worse.

Fighting to have rights taken away from you seems asinine.

Should you throw away a justice system that sometimes lets guilty people free? In exchange for what?

Let the Thai people decide

• Like 1

My hats off to both you gentlemen (or ladies as the case may be) LarryBird and fvw53. This is the level of intellect and discussion that is so sorely missing and lacking from many other threads. You may or may not (I can't quite decide yet) agree with each other but the mutual respect and civility is there for all to see.

May we have more of this on TV please.

• Like 2