Best time to visit Prachaup Kiri Khan - May or August

stament

I've got the choice of going at the end of May or the middle of August.

Just wondering on a number of factors what would be best based on:

weather

amount of tourists

is it thai holidays?

general prices due to off/high season?

All thoughts much appreciated.

Low season in Thailand is generally considered to between April and the end of October so either way your in low season so cheaper accommodation prices and less tourists.

It will be wsrmer in May for sure and possibly a bit more rain but I wouldn't worry too much about thay really.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

May is usually the hottest month so if you like hot and few tourists come in May. August is still hot and with a chance of heavy rain and it is also a mini high season as a lot of families in Europe go on vacation in August when the kids are out of school and this is a family destination.

Actually right now is a good time Tourists are down because of the protests and hotels feel the pinch

Also the weather is terrific Try Ao Maneo Fantastic area and not too many people

I agree......often a nice sea breeze. Good accomodation, food and drink relatively cheap.

Ao manao normaly quiet in the week.

Very relaxing down there...

Seasons in Thailand are usually: summer from March to June, rainy season from July to October and the other four months are considered the cold season.

Best time to go there would be now or before the real heat in April/May starts. So better May, than August, as the monsoon pops in when it wants to.

A pretty good place with no nightlife is "Bankrud" sometimes also spelled "Bankrut." It's a nice fishermen village, with many affordable resorts. The place is fantastic to relax, only a little crowded on weekends when the Thai folks come for a short holiday.

Please Google the place, an unbelievable good place to stay is "Baan Rim Haat", hundreds of coconut trees, bungalows with air, or just a fan, and they also make farlang food. You can also rent a bike there, they'll show you the nice places in this area, take you to Bangsaphan, where this area belongs to, if you need to do some shopping.

There're amazing waterfalls,one so close to the Myanmar boarder with a brilliant scenery. You can also join the fishermen and try to catch some squid, eat them right afterwards.

Worth to go there, as it's much better to me than destinations like Pattaya,etc..wai2.gif .

Edited to ad something. You can easily get there by train and inform let's say Baan Rim Haad to pick you up at the train station, where also the local market is.

. Train stops there. coming from Bangkok.

Edited by sirchai

Low season in Thailand is generally considered to between April and the end of October so either way your in low season so cheaper accommodation prices and less tourists.

It will be wsrmer in May for sure and possibly a bit more rain but I wouldn't worry too much about thay really.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's not even crowded from Monday to Friday, as many Bangkokians know this place and its beauty and pop in on weekends to relax from their big city stress life.

But it';s Thailand and it's easy to make some new Thai friends there.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

Its a horrible place why would you want to go there at any time of the year?bah.gif oops I wonder where I livewink.png

yes its a wonderful spot and you cant be blamed for being protective of it. But unfortunately like most coastal locations in Thailand the tourists hoards are not far away, especially the ones in Pegas Touristic Buses.

I am spending most of March in Prachaup Kiri Khan.

Does anyone know of a Bar/restaurant that shows the F1 GP Sky sports, due 16th March and can they give me the location ?

john

Probably only one place as there's only the one that shows football (from what I heard) not a football fan so never bothered

Anyway its a beer garden (farang football mob hang out there), located other side of railway tracks more or less opposite station

Re sports other than football I suppose its still your best bet!, town itself is normally dead quiet by 9pm!

• 4 weeks later...

Its a horrible place why would you want to go there at any time of the year?bah.gif oops I wonder where I livewink.png

Oh how I agree. Was there in August, nothing there people, you'll hate it, move on now....please smile.png

What sort of weather can I expect - rain all day or just a one hour shower generally? I don't mind a little bit of rain but wouldn't want all day rain. Alternatives are perhaps somewhere near Surat Thani

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last year I was on a golfing holiday in Hua Hin first week in June...we had beautiful weather...partly cloudy during the day with heavy rain late afternoon and evenings...perfect.

The two previous years I was in Hua Hin in August...and again the weather was perfect...for golf.

First week in Dec in 2012, we had a golfing holiday in Bangkok...it was unbelievably hot.

Hua Hin seems to have generally good weather I understand...and also drier than other parts of Thailand?

Looking forwrad to my next golfing trip to Hua Hin in mid June :)