Lowest temp in Chiang Mai this winter

arunsakda

This site shows January 23 as the lowest at 7deg C. Accuweather Chiang Mai

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Obviously this will depend on one's specific location around Chiang Mai.

Boo!

According to that, the cold season finishes tonight, moving forward we won't see temperatures below 16C until next cold season.

Those single figures lows explain why I refused to get on the bike at the end of last week. Would rather sit in traffic in the car than freeze on the bike.

I am going to have one of these before next winter.

wood_stove.jpg

Ohh, I think this could work in our condo! What is it, specifically? Can it be ordered on-line?

I told Hubby I'm not going thru another winter without central heat. Why not? He delivered a similar ultimatum to me after we moved to a place in the snowy, northern U.S. with crummy TV reception and no cable -- it was along the lines of "I'm not going thru another winter without a TV satellite"

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

I see 25 degress now on the internet, and lowest 20, where did you guys see 7 degrees? In mountains?

Last week was cold. We had 10C out San Kamphaeng way. 7.30 in the morning. The higher places (hills) were warmer - hot air rises. The coldest I saw was 8C just over the border with Chiang rai on highway 118. This was down in the valley bottom - cold air sinks.

I see 25 degress now on the internet, and lowest 20, where did you guys see 7 degrees? In mountains?

Last week was cold. We had 10C out San Kamphaeng way. 7.30 in the morning. The higher places (hills) were warmer - hot air rises. The coldest I saw was 8C just over the border with Chiang rai on highway 118. This was down in the valley bottom - cold air sinks.

...you are funny....my ground floor is always cooler than the second floor...so that must be... correct...tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Those poor bustards in the hills are lying about this cold...laugh.png

Wood should not be a problem as the locals seem to trim these fruit trees back yearly. If it can be sold, they will sell it.

It's not like I need 5 cords.

try to find tamarind,it burns really hot and clean, can be expensive though.

Wood is a somewhat precious commodity and seems to be regulated.

Driving up somewhere and coming back with a truck load of pine or whatever can get one into trouble if stopped by the police.