NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

In a country where people get shot at for cutting in front of someone on the highway, stopping people exercising their democratic rights will have repercussions. This undemocratic minority have pushed things to far.

Undemocratic minority. You are living in the past. Peaceful protesting is in fact a democratic right and only an idiot or PTP partisan would suggest that these ongoing protest have not been relatively peaceful demonstrations.

As for you suggestion that those who depose the government are truly a minority,then you are living in a dream world.

Had the PTP been confident that they in fact did have a legitimate majority even in light of all their disasters,then they would not have gone into seclusion for so long and they would have come out with an EO that had some teeth.

Call me an idiot, then. Blocking streets and taking over offices isn't peaceful. It was only non-violent because no one opposed them.

• Like 1

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am watching PBS and they just showed a video of people being violently being prevented from voting. Voting is a basic right of people in Thai society. Whether by physical force or padlocking gates, preventing people from voting is an assault on democracy.

Nope. Once the game is rigged, the mere "act of voting"... resembles sheep entering the slaughter house. Thank you.

Suthep bleating Coup coup,,,, Coup coup on stage now. the tears are for that fact that not enough people died to interest the Army in coming in.

Pleading for protection. Thats ok. If army say stay in your 5 star hotel and keep the tiny mob in chatuchuk park we'll protect you.

If you want to go driving around Bangkok intimidating people and getting your selves shotl then carry on driving around bangkok intimidating people and getting yourselves shot.

Don't come running to me though if you end up dead smile.png

Would be funny if the stakes were not so high and we could end up with him as Pol Pot 2

Hang on all the Suthep supporters on TV have been saying that it is Thaksin who wants the coup that is why he has been ordering all the violence and the Suthep monkeys have been 100% peaceful

I am watching PBS and they just showed a video of people being violently being prevented from voting. Voting is a basic right of people in Thai society. Whether by physical force or padlocking gates, preventing people from voting is an assault on democracy.

Nope. Once the game is rigged, the mere "act of voting"... resembles sheep entering the slaughter house. Thank you.

Revenge killing doubtful, no it's just a method of control. Thuggery works but it comes at the price of international sentiment. Hey did any hear the report of the weapon during the video? It sounds like an AR.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Have mulled through different reports and video footage today and the only salient point is <deleted> were the police. Not a single trace to be seen of the bastions of law and order.

They were supposed to have been ordered to provide protection to the protesters and keep the Red faction renowned for their violence, away from each other, however, to do that you must have presence and that is something these Thaksin lackeys do not possess as their training only involves taking handouts and falsifying or ignoring evidence. They are truly a bloody disgrace to both the people and the country.

As most people apart from yourself realise, is that the police are hated by the yellow shirts!

which is why they keep a low profile!

Do you get it now or what? coffee1.gif

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

Oh Dear, Thailand really does want a civil war. <deleted> is happening.

No ........."Thailand" does not want or wish for a civil war however, the man hiding in the Middle East will stoop to whatever low life tactics that will enable his "takeover" of Thailand.

Edited by Sceptict11
  • Like 1

All the red lovers in T.V. will now be happy - of course it was Suthep's own people who did it - just ask a red and bear in mind they never lie

No evidence that it was a red, may have been a pissed off citizen from either the reds, whites or yellows who didn't like these morons stripping away their right to vote.

Time to take of your sunglasses

Show me the evidence. I hate the reds and the Suthep monkeys but haven't read a single piece as yet proving it was reds and not just a disgruntled person who wanted to vote. Show me evidence and facts then I will side with you. Assumptions well you can use those to wipe your ,,,,

Stupid post, its not rigged what do you think happens when you are violently stopped from having your voice ? Expect more if this continues...violence begats violence only the manner of it differs.

A dead vote or a dead body you end up with silence, neither are justifiable and totally unacceptable but the results are the same.

The people are legion, they do not forgive and they do not forget, expect them.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

he did not just protest though, he tried to prevent Thai citizens from voting, which is a democratic right. A right that cannot and should not be taken away by anyone.

Therefore don't look for any sympathy from me, as he quite clearly doesn't deserve any.

The only criticism here is that he should have been arrested (by the police) and be tried for violating the law instead of being shot dead.

No one expects your sympathy knowing where it lies.

Whatever the case, preventing someone from voting is a far cry from being a 'terrorist'. People like to use that word a lot. They either don't know what a terrorist is or are deliberately misusing the word.

This was never about upholding the law. This was cold blooded murder. Simple as that.

I agree. Every bit as much as I agree that there were 90 cold blooded murders in 2010. I'm assuming you don't think that every one of the 90 was carrying a kalashnikov. They were every bit as innocent (possibly more so) than today's victim.

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

peaceful demonstrations? Peaceful? They were forcefully trying to close down the election booth of course they got retaliation seriously i hate it when you say the other side is peaceful when they are not. They are using force and numbers to disrupt elections and the daily running of bkk.

So what did the anti-govt protesters actually do? Did they kill people?Some of them are blocking the election booth, some pulling and pushing here and there. They block some of the roads. Some people may feel they shouldn't do it. But does it justified the govt supporters to use ammunition on them?

A bullet in the head??

Once... it'd be called "civil disobedience". But since then, long time ago, it's all ab the fever of power, don't you know? To exploit your neighbours, fellow human beings, even earth itself -- for the benefit... of a car? a smartphone? a fancy dress?

he did not just protest though, he tried to prevent Thai citizens from voting, which is a democratic right. A right that cannot and should not be taken away by anyone.

Therefore don't look for any sympathy from me, as he quite clearly doesn't deserve any.

The only criticism here is that he should have been arrested (by the police) and be tried for violating the law instead of being shot dead.

Whatever the case, preventing someone from voting is a far cry from being a 'terrorist'. People like to use that word a lot. They either don't know what a terrorist is or are deliberately misusing the word.

This was never about upholding the law. This was cold blooded murder. Simple as that.

And where exactly do you think my sympathy lies ? Is that some reference to me being a red shirt supporter ? If it is, you are more deluded than I originally thought.

My sympathy lies with the Thai people and with their constitutional democratic rights.

Preventing someone from voting is indeed not a far cry from a terrorist act, unless you really believe voting and running for office aren't fundamental democratic rights, or unless you believe exercising the democratic right to protest does give you the ability to prevent others from exercising their democratic rights and therefore implying that whilst protesting laws suddenly don't apply !

Preventing someone from voting is not terrorism, unless you're blowing polling stations. People deliberately misuse that word for political purpose.

Have mulled through different reports and video footage today and the only salient point is <deleted> were the police. Not a single trace to be seen of the bastions of law and order.

They were supposed to have been ordered to provide protection to the protesters and keep the Red faction renowned for their violence, away from each other, however, to do that you must have presence and that is something these Thaksin lackeys do not possess as their training only involves taking handouts and falsifying or ignoring evidence. They are truly a bloody disgrace to both the people and the country.

As most people apart from yourself realise, is that the police are hated by the yellow shirts!

which is why they keep a low profile!

Do you get it now or what? coffee1.gif

The EC could have asked for police assistance to ensure voting ran smoothly, but because they are biased PRDC supporters, they didn't. As soon as Suthep's mob arrived they happily packed up shop leaving 400,000+ voters inconvenienced & disenfranchised. The mob even had pre-made signs saying that voting had been suspended, that must have been ordered days ago. In cahoots & should all be fired along with the bent judges.

400,000+ disenfranchised voters ?

Hope you have evidence for that statement whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

And where exactly do you think my sympathy lies ? Is that some reference to me being a red shirt supporter ? If it is, you are more deluded than I originally thought.

My sympathy lies with the Thai people and with their constitutional democratic rights.

Preventing someone from voting is indeed not a far cry from a terrorist act, unless you really believe voting and running for office aren't fundamental democratic rights, or unless you believe exercising the democratic right to protest does give you the ability to prevent others from exercising their democratic rights and therefore implying that whilst protesting laws suddenly don't apply !

Preventing someone from voting is not terrorism, unless you're blowing polling stations. People deliberately misuse that word for political purpose.

Are you joking? of course its a form of terrorism or communism when you stop people from their democratic right to vote who they want to lead them.

Fastest growing thread of the year. Why all the hot air about one dead terrorist?

One of thee most sick posts in a long time.

He had a purpose, he had a vision, he had a family right or wrong he believed in what he did was right. your view is so heartless and will steer clear of anything you post in the future, I had to say this without going to the mods, your insensitive.

Most terrorists have families. Doesn't mean they should get away with their crimes.

Terrorist? Did he kill anyone? Did he burn down a building? Did he blow up anything? He was murdered because he protested against a vile and corrupt family. For you to brand him a terrorist after he was shot in cold blood shows you're just as vile as the Shinawatras. bah.gif

Don't care about the shinawatras, but his protest involved physically stopping others from voting. It is anti-democratic just like terrorists elsewhere in the world, otherwise they would have protested on the other side of the street. But he didn't. Luckily someone had the balls to do something about it. Edited by celso

I agree. Every bit as much as I agree that there were 90 cold blooded murders in 2010. I'm assuming you don't think that every one of the 90 was carrying a kalashnikov. They were every bit as innocent (possibly more so) than today's victim.

That has nothing to do with this. But if you want to go there, let's do so. What about the Tak Bai? What about Krue Se? What about the War on Drugs?

You can argue semantics all day long, it still doesn't make preventing people from voting legal. Which was the point I was trying to make.

• Like 1

Condolences to the man's family, but if you knowingly and willingly engage in illegal and undemocratic practices, you're going to make enemies, and should expect illegal and undemocratic repercussions.

I fail to understand (and all the others that clicked 'like') how you can condone such an act, despite your apparent 'condolences'.

Why should they expect illegal repercussions? <deleted> are the police for??

• Like 2

Oh Dear, Thailand really does want a civil war. <deleted> is happening.

No ........."Thailand" does not want or wish for a civil war however, the man hiding in the Middle East will stoop to whatever low life tactics which will enable his "takeover" of Thailand.

Translation: Yeah we do!

Look champ, im not being evil here, but we know the cycle. You do a bit of protesting, the army swoops in and saves you from the red shirts, then its coup time. The red shirts hang about and wait a bit, then an election, then they romp home, then you ban them again for whatever insiginifcant reason you can find and shut down the airports, then you put massive pressure (extra judicial) on certain members to switch sides, then its a minority led government for a couple of years before the red shirts lose it, storm bangkok burn down a mall and another election is called where the red shirts romp home again anyway.

Its a tale as old as time! Song as old as rhyme!

Basically the way out of this impass is for the democrats and PTP to sit down and start talking about reform. If i might be so bold, maybe something like the following from my emmy winning play: "shall we not bother again and maybe set about with reform, like for instance, you get to reform the senate make up and we get a few boundary changes or greater PR. Hows about we get some seats in a power sharing government for the next cycle and you get 4 years where we dont pull in the yellow shirts and screw over your manifesto in two years by storming an airport?"

BOOK NOW!!

• Like 1

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

You seem to have a very short memory my friend. The previous government were democratically elected and remember the red shirt riots in Bangkok that practically closed the capital down for 6 months and the number of dead then? After which we had a rigged election and the sister of a convicted felon (with no previous experience in politics) becomes Prime Minister? You think this is okay? Basically the corrupt Shinawatra dynasty has to go for this country to move forward. If it does not, then you would do well to remember the last time people wore red in southeast Asia. That time 2.5 million lost their lives. Taksin's strings are being pulled by the very same people who pulled Pol Pot's. It's about enslaving all the people here and you really don't get it. Unfortunately the next election will be rigged and so the democratic process does not and will not work now in Thailand. This is why we have the current protests because the people have no faith in the system and rightly so. Thaksin has now bought, or at least moved his cronies into, all senior positions the judiciary, police and army. So let's not knock Suthep. Let us first get rid of the Shinawatras, then put something better in their place.

Why do you tell such lies?

"The previous government were democratically elected".......Lie!

"After which we had a rigged election".......Lie!

• Like 1

You can argue semantics all day long, it still doesn't make preventing people from voting legal. Which was the point I was trying to make.

It's not semantics. There's illegal and then there's terrorism. And the big T word is usually saved for very bad people. For example, someone burning down Central World is a terrorist. Someone throwing bombs at people is a terrorist. But when someone tries to call a protestor who hasn't actually hurt or killed anyone or blow something up a 'terrorist' then that's usually a deliberate misuse for politics.

• Like 1

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

No you cant say it's Suthep's fault, it is the fault of the person that pulled the trigger that's it!

You really believe the government was properly elected? Sure they won by votes, but a good majority of the votes were purchased.

I know this for fact. Don't know where in Thailand you live, but I'm up in Isaan. Came voting day a man came around and paid voters 500B to vote for Ying luk and her group. There was no hiding of this it was out in the open. All my workers where talking about it at the factory the next day too. So not only did I see it in our village I also heard it from my workers, which I have about 60 workers from various villages.

I don't condone Suthep wanting to block the elections, but to believe Yingluck was elected fairly your dreaming. I don't know what the answer is but somehow they need to come up with a way to proceed with fair elections, maybe they need outside help to oversee the election booths throughout Thailand. Don't know.

The protests aren't working and a new election is just going to be more bought votes.

• Like 1

Terrorist? Did he kill anyone? Did he burn down a building? Did he blow up anything? He was murdered because he protested against a vile and corrupt family. For you to brand him a terrorist after he was shot in cold blood shows you're just as vile as the Shinawatras. bah.gif

Don't care about the shinawatras, but his protest involved physically stopping others from voting. It is anti-democratic just like terrorists elsewhere in the world, otherwise they would have protested on the other side of the street. But he didn't. Luckily someone had the balls to do something about it.

Shooting dead someone who is armed with a microphone is 'having balls.....'?

Are you for real?

You should be barred.

The microphone, like the pen, is mightier than the sword.

When you prevent millions of people from exercising their voting rights you are bound to make a few bad ones angry. Killing someone is always wrong but he knew the risks of his actions and paid the price.

How can people vote if there is not any opposition party ? voting in this situation is absolutely unconstitutional !!

Lord have mercy!!

The Dems decided all by themselves not to register for the election.

There are 35 other parties contesting the election!thumbsup.gif (most of them minor)

So what you are saying is if Chuwit decides to pull his Rak Thailand Party with 4 seats, an election can not take place??

Next time try a Readers Digest version of the constitution!!coffee1.gif

Rigged, ah of course.

Allowing all those people in the north to vote, bad move.