NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

As the PTP charged two Democrate leaders with murders for people that where killed during

As thing must be equal Yingluck and her head ministers must not be charged with this murder

Don't tell me now you want and amnesty for Yingluck as well as her brother

Shame on this woman and the thugs behind her for the death of another Thai in their quest for Greed

There is a big difference.

YL and PTP have told the police they are not allowed to use guns or live ammunition.

Abhisit and Suthep, in their roles, authorized the army to use live ammunition. They are being charged as they were the ones who are ultimately responsible for allowing the military to use real live rounds on protestors in 2010, which resulted in many deaths.

In my opinion of course.

What matters is whether the deaths were a foreseeable consequence of their actions - Chalerm has said it himself that extrajudicial killings were to be expected so he is just as responsible for any deaths that occur from police hands as Abhisit/Suthep was.

Are you claiming the police killed the yellow shirt? Where is your proof?

Well they probably did SFA to stop it.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh! oooh! me sir! i can tell you! me! me!

.... Fortunately, being british we're all very pragmatic and peaceful and these are the absolute last resort. We'd sooner let a government run itself into the ground and then boot it out at an election....So hope that answers your question.

It answers more than the question. It is very telling of how the power of 500 years of Imperialism has taught all the Brits to be very obedient of their masters. Let's not forget the colonization of the planet on the grounds of being a "very pragmatic and peaceful" people bringing light to the world, while being responsible for the ruination of more cultures than any other force in the history of the planet.

My god!, the Queen and the Windsor family are enemies of people around the globe, and you talk such nonsense it is like you have never read a book not endorsed by the state school.

Blimey! youre a bit cross! mellow.png

Edited by inutil

How many more people hae to die before there is an election??? There is going to be an election at some point so why doesn't Suthep and his rent a crowd go home and allow it to happen. All this talk of there must be reforms before an election but what are these reforms they are proposing...... is it a secret or what????? In all this rubbish i have heard from Suthep oer the last few months he never proposed anything only this undemocratic "Peoples Council" and can somebody please tell me who is going to be on this or even better who is going to pick it?

All i can see is an opposition that is clutching at straws at this stage and refusing to back down even though they and the world know they are wrong. They know that they have no chance of winning an election now or anytime in the foreseeable future so they just want to cause anarchy and try and get the government banned like they did before because it is there only chance of getting into power.

Please Suthep and your rent a crowd go home before a lot more people get killed/murdered/assasinated whatever

• Like 1

Nobody knows yet who killed him but you seem to have your mind made up already. You speak against violence but threaten violence yourself.

You are the same kind of hypocrit like Suthep.

Chalerm threatens protest leaders with extra judicial killings. Protest leader gets shot soon after! And you have thousands of protestors out there but only the leader is killed. What a coincidence!

No one's threatening violence but when a protest leader gets killed while leading a protest, you can bet the protestors will go out the next time fully prepared for a fight. And when Chalerm releases his dogs again, you know he will, the protestors will defend themselves. More blood will be shed. Thank you Shinawatras for for inflaming the situation. Appointing your attack dog Chalerm to handle this crisis was tactical genius!

He did not threaten extrajudicial killings. Please go read his statement again. A newspaper reporter asked if there may be extrajudicial killings and he said it may happen but he did not support it.

If you say a tsunami may happen because there is earthquake activity it does not mean you caused the tsunami when one happens. Get it?

Go read his statement again before spreading misinformation.

"I don't know if there will be extrajudicial killings. I will not be among the arresting officers. But whatever will happen or if there may be loss, people should understand that the police will use their good judgement," Chalerm said.

That sounds like a threat. And which part of it says he did not support extrajudicial killings? It's like saying, if you get whacked, I'm not there so you can't blame me but whatever the case, good judgement was used! And now, a protest leader has been gunned down. Chalerm kept his promise this time.

• Like 1

Very sad that someone is killed.

A lost life is a lost life.

Nobody deserves to die.

Like the person killed at the airports in 2008.

Like all those killed in 2010, be they protestors or law enforcement.

Like those killed police and protestors in 2013.

It is all wrong when people are killed.

It is especially wrong when a band of a few thousand people are trying to stop tens of millions of people from voting. Time for Suthep and his funders and backers to go home and stop this.

And let corrupt Thais, take over Thailand, after all they are just Thais not real people

You are a sick man to have these thoughts

• Like 1

It's most unfortunate that another person has died for no reason. Mr Suthep should call a halt now before we have any further violence

Or to be fair

Ms Yingluck should call a halt now before we have any further violence

A glass can be half full or Half empty

Your Bias is showing

"your bias is showing"

And yours is not??whistling.gif

Whats the point?

People supporting Suthep will say "look at these red thugs!!!"

People supporting PTP will say "thats what happens when you block people from exercising their right to vote"

All have their greivance and their arguments. But no one should die because of this. I hope the people who committed this act are caught and prosecuted.

The sad fact is that everyone knew this was coming. Everyone knew this wasnt going to be peacefully resolved as we edged closer to the election. Intransigence and playing political games with peoples lives brought this about. But people keep upping the rhetoric. Now we have the man in charge of the police response threatening extra judicial killings to the man who implicitly threatened the family of the prime minister. Its like a playground, but all the kids have weapons. And of course, now the protestors cant disperse of because they have to show to the world the lengths their opposition will go to stop them from protesting. Whilst their opposition cant leave because they have to show to the world they wont be intimidated by a mob preventing them from exercising their democratic right. The only sane thing left is to hope that as few people die as possible and that the army stays locked up in its barracks while order is returned and the polling stations are opened (and protected). All points from all sides have been made exactly as they wanted. Selective and self serving evidence and photos and incidents will mean the media war can be played out by both sides. And that means only more of the same alas.

I'd like to see the same scenario happening in the United States. Protesters blocking the Capitol, storming the White House, threatening to arrest Obama and his Cabinet, cutting electricity and water to the DC Police and the US Army, preventing people from participating in the election, etc.

How would the US government have dealt with this? I don't think there would be a protester left standing at this point.

I think the current Thai government has been very fair with the protesters.

I loved your statement

"I'd like to see the same scenario happening in the United States"

So why do you not return to America and watch it and allow Thais to run there own country

• Like 1

Nobody knows yet who killed him but you seem to have your mind made up already. You speak against violence but threaten violence yourself.

You are the same kind of hypocrit like Suthep.

Chalerm threatens protest leaders with extra judicial killings. Protest leader gets shot soon after! And you have thousands of protestors out there but only the leader is killed. What a coincidence!

No one's threatening violence but when a protest leader gets killed while leading a protest, you can bet the protestors will go out the next time fully prepared for a fight. And when Chalerm releases his dogs again, you know he will, the protestors will defend themselves. More blood will be shed. Thank you Shinawatras for for inflaming the situation. Appointing your attack dog Chalerm to handle this crisis was tactical genius!

He did not threaten extrajudicial killings. Please go read his statement again. A newspaper reporter asked if there may be extrajudicial killings and he said it may happen but he did not support it.

If you say a tsunami may happen because there is earthquake activity it does not mean you caused the tsunami when one happens. Get it?

Go read his statement again before spreading misinformation.

"I don't know if there will be extrajudicial killings. I will not be among the arresting officers. But whatever will happen or if there may be loss, people should understand that the police will use their good judgement," Chalerm said.

That sounds like a threat. And which part of it says he did not support extrajudicial killings? It's like saying, if you get whacked, I'm not there so you can't blame me but whatever the case, good judgement was used! And now, a protest leader has been gunned down. Chalerm kept his promise this time.

Maybe to an uneducated person it sounds like a threat, you are right.

Very sad that someone is killed.

A lost life is a lost life.

Nobody deserves to die.

Like the person killed at the airports in 2008.

Like all those killed in 2010, be they protestors or law enforcement.

Like those killed police and protestors in 2013.

It is all wrong when people are killed.

It is especially wrong when a band of a few thousand people are trying to stop tens of millions of people from voting. Time for Suthep and his funders and backers to go home and stop this.

And let corrupt Thais, take over Thailand, after all they are just Thais not real people

You are a sick man to have these thoughts

and what is Suthep going to do to curb corruption? Corruption in Thailand isn't going to end by a vote, it isn't going to end by protests or a coup, it has to end from the ground up. Corruption will only end when people stop accepting it in their daily lives.

• Like 1

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

It was exactly the yingluck government which started all this in the first place!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm afraid the longer this nonsense goes on, the more the likelihood of more tit-for-tat killings.

And the more the likelihood of another coup.

And another constitution.

And another election.

Which unless you are really good at rigging is only going to end up going one way....

Square one.

When you prevent millions of people from exercising their voting rights you are bound to make a few bad ones angry. Killing someone is always wrong but he knew the risks of his actions and paid the price.

Spot on. If you had groups of people in the USA, UK or many other "developed" countries illegally stopping people from exercising their right to vote, I'd venture that the repercussions would be severe and perhaps also lead to deaths.

And another thing: the yellow shirts talk only about corruption (and Suthep is just as corrupt) but what they are doing - ie, stopping people from voting - I'd argue is worse that corruption. The yellow shirts deserve everything they get.

How can someone vote if there are not opposition candidate ? you think is a fair election ?

He was from the student network, not pcad.

Protesters are the minority in bkk and they will suffer further losses next Sunday, if they try to block polling boots

That is not true.

The leader said more than 6 million came out on the street to protest in Bangkok alone.

BKK have 10 million people.

So, not counting those supporter at home, 60% of Bangkok people will go to black the polling stations.

Just like today, more than 90% (47 of total 50) of the polling station were closed by Suthep's PCAD.

6 million?

If you had 1/10th of that protesting simultaneously, Bangkok could actually be shut down

At this point, how can anyone believe what Suthep says? Yesterday, he said that the protestors would not block the polling sites. Well they did just that and forcibly prevented people from voting. Are people going to say that the people who wanted to vote in Bangkok did so because they are red-shirt supporters? Give me a break. They were just normal citizens who believed that they had a right to vote without coercion, threat, or intimidation. Too many of the posters here are getting caught up on the violence between the 'colored' shirts. But who is targeting those whose only desire is to preserve democracy in Thailand?

• Like 2

In a country where people get shot at for cutting in front of someone on the highway, stopping people exercising their rights....

How true! I have never ever heard of road rage killings in any other country in the world...these crazy thais!!

Killing someone is always wrong but are we surprised it happens when this is what happens when wanting to vote?

M4np0Ab.jpg

is that a red shirt guy?

As we have no idea what brought this on, how can you make a jugdment

before the photo was taken he could have spit in this guys eye

or even kicked and punched him

take a good photos and then create a spin so it fit you bias

• Like 1

You think this was not put together for a photo op? why was it not used? shot gun shell with no shotgun = useless, few bibs and bobs and no hard weapons. Faked for a photo op

Big difference in a picket line of men, woman, folks trying to get reform and rigged system. They are asking for people to boycott the elect out the front and they are not armed. They were set apron by groups of young men all shipped in for it. Armed

"And they are not armed"

Here is a picture from the car your peaceloving demonstrators were driving!!attachicon.gifBe54mjrCMAA8YJo.jpg

When you prevent millions of people from exercising their voting rights you are bound to make a few bad ones angry. Killing someone is always wrong but he knew the risks of his actions and paid the price.

Spot on. If you had groups of people in the USA, UK or many other "developed" countries illegally stopping people from exercising their right to vote, I'd venture that the repercussions would be severe and perhaps also lead to deaths.

And another thing: the yellow shirts talk only about corruption (and Suthep is just as corrupt) but what they are doing - ie, stopping people from voting - I'd argue is worse that corruption. The yellow shirts deserve everything they get.

How can someone vote if there are not opposition candidate ? you think is a fair election ?
The opposition are boycotting the election by their own choice ... screw them. The election commission should already be planning to ban this party after what they have done. The madman Suthep is going to jail where he can spend his golden years.... or better ...half year.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kuka

Killing someone is always wrong but are we surprised it happens when this is what happens when wanting to vote?

M4np0Ab.jpg

is that a red shirt guy?

As we have no idea what brought this on, how can you make a jugdment

before the photo was taken he could have spit in this guys eye

or even kicked and punched him

take a good photos and then create a spin so it fit you bias

We also have no idea what brought your post on. It's gone viral and is really hurting Suthep. He is livid about this one and the videos of the women climing over the gates to vote, and the one tiptoeing through the screaming mob to vote.

Womens groups picked 2 of them up as examples of how backward Thailand is.

This is how people see it, because this is how it is.

there is still press freedom. Suthep is trying to erode it from the stage and had another rant about media and foreigneres.

He is so insane he cannot see that is was him ordering the media to report his every dictat and march that caused his problem. with his agenda, attitude, manner and massive bodyguard detail the last thing he should have asked them to do was film him and the mob.

Honestly. It is great for out side of the debate. the more people see of this mob, the more they can realise what it is and call it out for what it is. Fascism of the ugliest order. No less than that.

• Like 1

Just listed to all the anti democracy posters on here!

Their beloved yellow shirt thugs have been running riot all over Bkk for the past 2 months, killing and intimidating Thai citizens and trying their best to stop the people from their right to vote.

As soon as the citizens come out to stop them and restore law and order so the people can excercise their right to vote...They cry foul!

This is the mind set of these so called "good people".

Who have the protesters killed?

Sent from my phone ...

SUTHEP. Always him. He had 92 protesters (protesting against an authoritarian NOT elected government) killed 3 years ago, including women and children.

He ordered the massacre to the army

Here you have:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban

What a man ,what a curriculm, huh ? 20 years of corruption, scandals, murders, etc...

This man wants to teach Thais how democracy and peace should be.

This is simply not true and is a libel of the worst sort. Who told you that Suthep ordered people to be killed? Have you assumed it? Or do you know something the rest of us do not know except the people who have an ideological purpose in rewriting history. A disgusting post. I am so sorry that you posted this trash.

• Like 1

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country in his effort to gain leadership other than the ballot box. Shame on this terrible excuse of a man.

Suthep don't want to get leadership.....he want democracy

Quite possibly the most ignorant statement ever seen on this forum, and that's saying something! So a demagogue who wants to take away one person - one vote, the absolute bedrock of democracy, and replace it with a self appointed council of a few hundred elite billionaires who share his fascistic vision is "wanting democracy"! Oh dearie dearie me, you really have no idea what you are talking about. So his little foot soldiers out today forcibly stopping people from exercising their democratic right to vote, are in your eyes showing their support for democracy! Hahaha. crazy.gif

• Like 1