NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

No it's not terrorism on a the basis of a single person. Preventing an entire electoral process would be unconstitutional and probably thus treasonous.

What is the standard punishment for that?

Treason is punishable by death. But in the eyes of the protestors, the Shinawatras are the treasonous scum of this country. It's like in a civil war, there are the loyalists and then there are patriots. Both have nice sounding names and both sides are right in their own eyes.

Royalists do not run the country by law and this is not an absolute monarchy. whistling.gif

Thanks for sharing absolutely nothing.

Nothing can be shared, nothing can be said, nothing can be written.

And what's more, nothing will come of nothing, as someone said, and rightly so given what happened to that fictional person... but I'd prefer not to say who it was in case I'm accused of making comparisons - which of course I'm not, and never would.

I hope I make myself clear.

May I borrow your smiley, Mr Oak? whistling.gif

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not terrorism on a the basis of a single person. Preventing an entire electoral process would be unconstitutional and probably thus treasonous.

What is the standard punishment for that?

Treason is punishable by death. But in the eyes of the protestors, the Shinawatras are the treasonous scum of this country. It's like in a civil war, there are the loyalists and then there are patriots. Both have nice sounding names and both sides are right in their own eyes.

Take that up with the shinawatras, not the voting public. Barring the general public from voting is I think treasonous. By the way, no one votes for the shinawatras, they vote for a party.

If someone tried to bar me from voting, hmmmm. Big problem and a very very very slippery slope.

How do they know which party these people want to vote for?

Today's militant stopping people from voting is tomorrow's fascist dragging you off to a stadium from which you will disappear. I'll spare you the gory details of what happens to you after you are disappeared from the stadium.

I agree, doing away with elections is a very dangerous ploy. Why the hell would anyone trust Suthep ?

BTW...where is the supreme commander of the anti democratic movement?

Gone awefully quiet all of a sudden.

One way ticket to Dubai perhaps?rolleyes.gif

Maybe he's staging a one man occupation of the departure lounge at the airport. He must have realised by now that he's in over his shiny head.

The patience of many more than the Thai people is wearing thin both here and abroad, personal and business. I wouldnt recommend anyone to come here at the moment tourist or business, it isnt worth the risk. Plenty of far better options than Thailand at the moment.

You think this is being seen as anything but the result of the protesters obstructing free elections and the message it sends out both as the reaction and the acts of the protesters all over the place locking peoples right away ?? Monday will see almost certainaly the baht slip and markets drop here, there is no question its sliding downhill more every week.

Michael Yon would strongly disagree with you on this one mate, he's telling the world that all the embassy warnings are Thaksin supporting Governments steadfast support of the Corrupt Government, when I personally see them as Duty of Care warning people that such instances and gatherings like today, can go from flash to bang in a matter of minutes and it's highlighting to those who wish to go and see these protests to be aware of their surroundings...pretty smart advice again in my view, it seems only a matter of time before the real violence starts .. but day after day Yon is cheerleading these protests and telling the gullible that Thailand is safe, yeah it mostly is, but if you're smart you'll bodyswerve Bangkok for the next few weeks!!!

Today's militant stopping people from voting is tomorrow's fascist dragging you off to a stadium from which you will disappear. I'll spare you the gory details of what happens to you after you are disappeared from the stadium.

You mean like those 3,000 extrajudicial killings committed by Thaksin and Chalerm death squads? Or assassinations of 20 human right activists under Thaksin's close watch? Shall we expect more of the same if this current government prevails? wink.png

You are trying to spin again and going back a decade it is not relevant to the happenings of today. There are 35 parties to vote for not 1 they should allow the people to cast their votes as they see fit not blockade and refuse them that right. End of.

It is relevant since pro Shinawatras are demonizing Suthep and trying to tell us what COULD happen if he's in charge. With head Shinawatra ruling this country, we have already already seen what he's capable of. And don't for a minute ignore the fact that if the door is open for him to return, he's going to want to become PM again. Another drug war? Or perhaps Publicus' stadium scenario?

• Like 1

BTW...where is the supreme commander of the anti democratic movement?

Gone awefully quiet all of a sudden.

One way ticket to Dubai perhaps?rolleyes.gif

Maybe he's staging a one man occupation of the departure lounge at the airport. He must have realised by now that he's in over his shiny head.

Actually he was on stage earlier making his nightly speech as usual.

Must have been a double if the both of you are right.

There's nothing more retarded than watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa.

I'm confused. Who is it that's watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics on Thaivisa? According to you they're retarded and since you're replying to the thread I assume you're watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa. So does that mean you think you're retarded? Or are you referring to those arguing and you're not quite good enough to write it down correctly?.

I'm not surprised that you're confused. A 3 year-old could understand it.

The patience of many more than the Thai people is wearing thin both here and abroad, personal and business. I wouldnt recommend anyone to come here at the moment tourist or business, it isnt worth the risk. Plenty of far better options than Thailand at the moment.

You think this is being seen as anything but the result of the protesters obstructing free elections and the message it sends out both as the reaction and the acts of the protesters all over the place locking peoples right away ?? Monday will see almost certainaly the baht slip and markets drop here, there is no question its sliding downhill more every week.

Michael Yon would strongly disagree with you on this one mate, he's telling the world that all the embassy warnings are Thaksin supporting Governments steadfast support of the Corrupt Government, when I personally see them as Duty of Care warning people that such instances and gatherings like today, can go from flash to bang in a matter of minutes and it's highlighting to those who wish to go and see these protests to be aware of their surroundings...pretty smart advice again in my view, it seems only a matter of time before the real violence starts .. but day after day Yon is cheerleading these protests and telling the gullible that Thailand is safe, yeah it mostly is, but if you're smart you'll bodyswerve Bangkok for the next few weeks!!!

I don't know what agenda he has, but its pretty obvious he is part of the media that the supporters might like.

His is not reporting but rather private speech from a loud hailer.

I agree, give it a wide birth in bangkok for a bit.

• Like 1

Now, that is funny, because I´ve known lots of people who supported dictators (including Pinochet)........

So how long were you in the CIA then?

(Post no. 666!)

I assure you, pretending to be daft is completely unnecessary.

• Like 1

You mean like those 3,000 extrajudicial killings committed by Thaksin and Chalerm death squads? Or assassinations of 20 human right activists under Thaksin's close watch? Shall we expect more of the same if this current government prevails? wink.png

You are trying to spin again and going back a decade it is not relevant to the happenings of today. There are 35 parties to vote for not 1 they should allow the people to cast their votes as they see fit not blockade and refuse them that right. End of.

It is relevant since pro Shinawatras are demonizing Suthep and trying to tell us what COULD happen if he's in charge. With head Shinawatra ruling this country, we have already already seen what he's capable of. And don't for a minute ignore the fact that if the door is open for him to return, he's going to want to become PM again. Another drug war? Or perhaps Publicus' stadium scenario?

It doesn't matter, Suthep cannot be in charge, unless he does run for office and gains enough votes to form a government. It shouldn't be overly difficult either, he could ask Thaksin for advice how to gain enough votes, he has done so for at least five consecutive general elections, some even with a clear majority in the lower house, it isn't rocket science and can be done within the constitutional and legal frameworks and without violating democratic rights.

He was from the student network, not pcad.

Protesters are the minority in bkk and they will suffer further losses next Sunday, if they try to block polling boots

Political activists are in the monority in just about every country. It's not the size of the minority that makes them right, or wrong.

Killing people to advance political aims is wrong, VERY wrong, irrespective of shirt colour !

I just can't fathom in having any type of safe elections knowing that the country is undergoing turmoil, anyone in their right mind knows that by having any elections during turmoil can only put many voting people at risk. The other side of the coin, how could their be any impartial elections with so little time of x2 months? How would any of the voters know what each of the people running for office know what they think, how would they make a change or for that matter what this person will strive for, for the better of the country?

It is sad to see anyone die or get hurt for what they believe in a peaceful manner? I'm not for any party, but having a look from afar, the demonstrations have been very incredibly peaceful (noisy yes) , unfortunately there is someone out there that wants to spoil the situation for what real reason? Killing of anyone is frankly cowardly and shows a sign of weakness. All of these problems could had been prevented if simple the powers would had stepped down as promised , the voting date should had been given 6 months and not x2 months in order for all of those running for office would have enough time to be known by all of the citizens and just this simple move would for my point of view, would had prevented any demonstrations and harm to anyone.

My sympathies goes to all of those whom have been hurt an affected by this and any other outcome, may Thailand find a way for a better tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

What COULD happen if he is in charge?? blink.png

Chuan Leekpai's Democrat Party-led government fell because of Suthep's land deals, it was the last time Democrats ever won an election outright. In 09 he was disqualified as an MP for breaking HIS OWN RULES that banned MP's holding stakes in companies which have received government concessions. His family also controls a large part of the palm oil production while he sat on the Government's National Palm Oil Policy Committee who dictates prices and made out like a bandit.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/49900/thailands-palm-oil-crisis-mr-s-strikes-again/

And I'll pass on the shenanigans that gave half the senate to non-elected senators and his part in the crackdown.

Criticize the Shinawatras all you want but saying Suthep is being demonized is a little far fetched.

• Like 1

Chuan Leekpai's Democrat Party-led government fell because of Suthep's land deals, it was the last time Democrats ever won an election outright. In 09 he was disqualified as an MP for breaking HIS OWN RULES that banned MP's holding stakes in companies which have received government concessions. His family also controls a large part of the palm oil production while he sat on the Government's National Palm Oil Policy Committee who dictates prices and made out like a bandit.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/49900/thailands-palm-oil-crisis-mr-s-strikes-again/

And I'll pass on the shenanigans that gave half the senate to non-elected senators and his part in the crackdown.

Criticize the Shinawatras all you want but saying Suthep is being demonized is a little far fetched.

Oh yes that's nice. But see, this is about Pubicus comparing Suthep to Pinochet. While Suthep was corrupt, he isn't like head Shinawatra who has around the blood of 3000 people on his hands.

Just as in the Syrian conflict, there are several different battles being waged simultaneously in Thailand at the moment, and they're not all being fought out in the open. One battle is ordinary people who are fed up with the venal Shinawatra government staging protests to force them out. Opposing them are equally ordinary people who may or may not actively support PTP, but who feel that the first group are threatening their democratic rights. But in the shadows behind both these groups are cabals of very powerful people who are jockeying to be in the driving seat when a certain unmentionable but inevitable day comes to pass. The stakes are very high indeed, and these powerful people are fearful that if they are out of the front row at the crucial time, they might never get near it again - ever. These powerful cabals have enormous influence and resources and can buy, threaten, bribe or manipulate the ordinary people in the first two groups into acting in ways which they (the people in the shadows) believe will either get them into, or maintain them in, the said front row.

The second shadowy battle is never discussed on open forums, but it sets the pace and tone of the battle that is being played out nightly on the TV or in the morning editorials. What's most dangerous is that the clock is ticking and either losing an election or conceding power could be absolutely disastrous. Consequently nobody is going to step back an inch.

Interesting times indeed.

• Like 2

Oh yes that's nice. But see, this is about Pubicus comparing Suthep to Pinochet. While Suthep was corrupt, he isn't like head Shinawatra who has around the blood of 3000 people on his hands.

Comparing Suthep to Pinochet is ridiculous, marching behind Suthep the anti-corruption champion.. just as ridiculous.

Anyway, having read most of your trollish posts I realize like the others there is no point. Good night petal.

So someones been busy studying the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcymHt0s-_A

Can certainly see a flash coming from the vehicle in concert with the sound of gunfire.

Not going to comment other than to say it begs a few questions.

Don't say these peaceful unarmed blockers of election stations were armed. Horror of horrors.

I can imagine that any one at the main sites might be.armed too because kamnan wrote a letter to Obama to say they are peaceful. Can't possibly be true. Thaksin must have paid YouTube to doctor it.

Him and Larry Brind are in cahoots.

Comparing Suthep to Pinochet is ridiculous, marching behind Suthep the anti-corruption champion.. just as ridiculous.

Anyway, having read most of your trollish posts I realize like the others there is no point. Good night petal.

Yes you truly don't have a point. Try harder next time.clap2.gif

So someones been busy studying the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcymHt0s-_A

Can certainly see a flash coming from the vehicle in concert with the sound of gunfire.

Not going to comment other than to say it begs a few questions.

Don't say these peaceful unarmed blockers of election stations were armed. Horror of horrors.

I can imagine that any one at the main sites might be.armed too because kamnan wrote a letter to Obama to say they are peaceful. Can't possibly be true. Thaksin must have paid YouTube to doctor it.

Him and Larry Brind are in cahoots.

No. Thaksin bought Youtube. Cambodian funds. From his occult army whistling.gif

Edited by firestar

The red-shirt movement is out. And for those that interpret obstruction as violence, the red-shirt movement has a different definition - from the barrel of a gun. Those are the means they wish to apply and those are the means of terror. There is no justification for murder.

What about a red shirt leader in Udon last week who was shot at home. 1 thing leads to anpther and both are wrong.

So, let me get this straight. The people on the streets are supposedly fighting against corruption, yet they are led by someone who is obviously corrupt, but allegedly LESS corrupt than Thaksin. Although this fact also remains to be proven.

Are they fighting against corruption? Or just against corruption past a certain level? If so, what is the level of acceptable corruption?

• Like 1