NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country in his effort to gain leadership other than the ballot box. Shame on this terrible excuse of a man.

Indeed this is what happens when you take or attempt to take away and stop peoples freedom to vote, No killing is justifiable but the blood is as much on the Protest leaders hands this incident.

Shame on the shooter bigger shame on Suthep and the PDRC for bringing the country to this.

• Like 2

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was from the student network, not pcad.

Protesters are the minority in bkk and they will suffer further losses next Sunday, if they try to block polling boots

The ideas of the PCAD are shared by the minority in Thailand, period !

All this crap about vote buying or the rural voters being to uneducated to vote.

Yes, there, very probable, were votes being bought during last election in Thailand.

Just like every election before that, probably as long as Thailand has a history of elections, for that matter !

Most probable this was done, by all participating parties, red, yellow, white, all of them.

The rural voters being to uneducated to vote, yes they are uneducated !

This did not happen overnight though.

This did also happen with nobody from the leadership of either sides doing anything about it, over the last decades.

But how educated do you have to be to vote ?

Politics is a dirty game in which lying, stealing, slandering, (ab)using people and even murder have become common tactics.

No matter how educated you are.

When faced with lies or half truths, anybody can make wrong decisions.

It makes me sad to see what is happening to this beautiful country !

RIP, to the victim and loads of strength to his family and loved ones !

Just look at the USofA as an example, 1 in 4 Presidents either assassinated and or been hit in attempted assassinations. Don't understand how you come to the conclusion that rural folk are uneducated.. This exactly the elite thinking that causes problems. Can they speak English? Most no, but your essentially saying that folks in the rural parts of developing nations have no access to schooling and or vocational courses. How naive some are and shameful shallow thinking. There are two types of education in life, 1. School education and 2. Life education and guess where the far majority of millionaires in this world fit into! That's right the latter, life education and using your P's and Q's will get you far further in life then any degree I know of. I left school at 14 and am semi retired working 10 hours per week as a consultant. Point noted, I wonder?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This government and their red pawns, are getting away with murder AGAIN! Any wise leader, would step down, at this point, if it was a true democracy. What is Yingluck afraid off? If she really has the majority of people behind her, she would have nothing to worry about. There will be elections again, in a year or two.

Why not let some intelligent people run the Country for a while?

R.I.P. Khun Suthin. Our condolences to the family! wai2.gif

If Suthep has his way...there will be elections when the time is right..that maybe a decade or two. You honestly take this man at his word...hes rotten and corrupt to the core

• Like 1

Killing someone is always wrong but are we surprised it happens when this is what happens when wanting to vote?

M4np0Ab.jpg

is that a red shirt guy?

As we have no idea what brought this on, how can you make a jugdment

before the photo was taken he could have spit in this guys eye

or even kicked and punched him

take a good photos and then create a spin so it fit you bias

nTJJvyq.jpg

Doesn't look like spin to me. Are you accusing me of bias for posting a "The Nation" photo blink.png

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1

In a country where people get shot at for cutting in front of someone on the highway, stopping people exercising their democratic rights will have repercussions. This undemocratic minority have pushed things to far.

Undemocratic minority. You are living in the past. Peaceful protesting is in fact a democratic right and only an idiot or PTP partisan would suggest that these ongoing protest have not been relatively peaceful demonstrations.

As for you suggestion that those who depose the government are truly a minority,then you are living in a dream world.

Had the PTP been confident that they in fact did have a legitimate majority even in light of all their disasters,then they would not have gone into seclusion for so long and they would have come out with an EO that had some teeth.

• Like 1

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

peaceful demonstrations? Peaceful? They were forcefully trying to close down the election booth of course they got retaliation seriously i hate it when you say the other side is peaceful when they are not. They are using force and numbers to disrupt elections and the daily running of bkk.

So what did the anti-govt protesters actually do? Did they kill people?Some of them are blocking the election booth, some pulling and pushing here and there. They block some of the roads. Some people may feel they shouldn't do it. But does it justified the govt supporters to use ammunition on them?

A bullet in the head??

This is not a protest.

If you havn't heard from Sutheps mouth and every newspaper even in Thailand.

They want an end to democracy and a legally elected Government to stand aside whilst they rule for a year or two.

So to your question, yes, they do deserve that as they are now physically trying to bring about a Dictatorship by any means possible. There has been much more than pushing on their part there were the beatings and the torture, the gun totting, the 3 day riot at the police station and Gov house. (did you not see that)

Nobody has to apologise when extremists with these views and aims come unstuck. there is a peaceful way, and they chose not to take it.

Clearly you are in favor of violence. I'm not. I hate violence.

I'm not a fan of Suthep.

But does the anti-govt protesters have any rights to ask Yingluck to step down?

Even regarding to the rice scheme, has already reported it is a scam right from the beginning. The rice scheme has cause huge problem to the rice farmers and there is one farmer committed suicide. Yingluck as the prime minister and the head of the rice scheme project, she should resign immediately. Isn't it? Like you said, there is a peaceful way and they chose not to take it.

Yingluck can choose the peaceful way too but her brother doesn't want it.

Don't forget about the farmers are protesting as well. They are also asking Yingluck to step down. Her promise has not delivered to the farmers but in fact the rice scheme start from the beginning is only benefit into YL administrator pockets. Does she now still have the mandate?

She is ruining people's lives. Many are in deep shit. No joke.

...(Yes Thaksin is corrupted and also terrible in human right issues etc...but there is a legal way to get him , his family and the PTP) ...

No there isn't.

Thaksin has control of the local media; he has a lock on virtually all the bureaucratic heads; his proxy governments remove anyone not in lockstep with his wishes; he controls the police force -- itself deemed a criminal organization by Amnesty Intl if I am not mistaken, and everyone who wants a promotion MUST comply with the PM's demands; he has all the movers and shakers in the important governmental positions of cabinet in his back pocket; he has bled the nation dry financially, to the point where the state is insolvent (not able to pay its electric bills or the Rice Farmers it owes); and he has the backing of the Western Imperialist powers that are a cartel of very elite criminal class, a bunch of whitewashed thieves called transnational capitalists that will do anything to retain their hold on power and operate behind such democratic sounding organizations as the Counsel of Foreign Relations (you may recall he was ousted while in attendance and scheduled to give a lecture that same evening at one of its events) which literally directs government policy everywhere.

Thaksin came into politics after screwing over his American partner and using his father-in-law to gain a monopoly in the computer business with the police force in Thailand (and more), and in the process he became a world calibre business tycoon. In short order, he began flexing enough financial power to sway a vote in his favor that he was not deliberately hiding billions of baht in assets when he more than obviously was....and that was the beginning of his tyrannical, populist driven rule.

Today, his populist approach has been broken wide open as the very people who elected him are being starved out by the completely bogus rice pledging scheme (which, it is argued, is designed to enrich the Shinawatra clan even more).

There is no 'legally' available way of removing him from power, and I use the term 'legally' quite freely, as the corruption of state is deemed legal by the very regime that commits the crimes, and so it goes on and on and on...

• Like 2

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First i think it is pretty safe to say that most of us on here are not Thai nor are we allowed to vote.

Second i think it is also fair to say that we all knew that this day would come only an idiot or tourist would think it would not.

People have died. Thai's on both sides are going to up the rhetoric. Which will solve absolutely nothing.

My first question is where is Yingluck? No offence to those that support her but let's face it as a leader she is seeming about as useful as her brother at this point.

The EC stated that this was an issue, the world knew that this was an issue, it has been stated that this group was going from polling station to polling station. OK where were the police? The problem here is that there is no real police presence that takes control and is respected. If the police had of been at the polling station then this would not have happened. Who is in charge of the police, Yingluck and Chalerm.

There is only one way out of this mess.

let me ask the Brits do you think the Queen would do if it got this bad?

To the yanks and you have the most experience with this. What happened during the Race and anti Vietnam riots.

Bring in the military as a caretaker government set up a reform group of non political people.

This is one of few post which has a sense. I totally agree, this government is irresponsible. Better to go out first, then we can talk for new election with some anti corruption law revised first

In a country where people get shot at for cutting in front of someone on the highway, stopping people exercising their rights....

How true! I have never ever heard of road rage killings in any other country in the world...these crazy thais!!

Ever been to the US??coffee1.gif

The PTP wants this violence to happen. It's their only way out. I'm weary of posters that think Thaksin, PTP and the word democracy belong in the same sentence.

Thaksin's last resort is to reject all compromise and insist on elections on Feb 2. Violence doesn't matter at all to him and may, in his mind, help his case, as he can stage a crack down and blame it on the undemocratic opposition. Once he can claim his sister was re-elected, he will make her tough it out until either she can form a government and he can get her to pass the dormant but not dead Amnesty Bill 60 days later, and/or a coup is forced. In the latter case, he will expect international sympathy and will finance the red shirts in a civil war to recover his power and money in the hope of a triumphant homecoming to kiss the scorched earth of his former country.

Well said.

And I won't even go into an analysis of "global mind sculpturing" na.

• Like 1

Fastest growing thread of the year. Why all the hot air about one dead terrorist?

One of thee most sick posts in a long time.

He had a purpose, he had a vision, he had a family right or wrong he believed in what he did was right. your view is so heartless and will steer clear of anything you post in the future, I had to say this without going to the mods, your insensitive.

Most terrorists have families. Doesn't mean they should get away with their crimes.

Suthep bleating Coup coup,,,, Coup coup on stage now. the tears are for that fact that not enough people died to interest the Army in coming in.

Pleading for protection. Thats ok. If army say stay in your 5 star hotel and keep the tiny mob in chatuchuk park we'll protect you.

If you want to go driving around Bangkok intimidating people and getting your selves shotl then carry on driving around bangkok intimidating people and getting yourselves shot.

Don't come running to me though if you end up dead :)

Would be funny if the stakes were not so high and we could end up with him as Pol Pot 2

• Like 2

Fastest growing thread of the year. Why all the hot air about one dead terrorist?

One of thee most sick posts in a long time.

He had a purpose, he had a vision, he had a family right or wrong he believed in what he did was right. your view is so heartless and will steer clear of anything you post in the future, I had to say this without going to the mods, your insensitive.

He had a purpose, he had a vision, perhaps like Martin Luther King he also had......A Dream! He also had a gun, knives, bullets and shotgun shells.post-70418-0-68720200-1390744692_thumb.j

.......and the intention to stop people from exercising their right to vote. I don't think he'll be missed.

• Like 1

At this point, how can anyone believe what Suthep says? Yesterday, he said that the protestors would not block the polling sites. Well they did just that and forcibly prevented people from voting. Are people going to say that the people who wanted to vote in Bangkok did so because they are red-shirt supporters? Give me a break. They were just normal citizens who believed that they had a right to vote without coercion, threat, or intimidation. Too many of the posters here are getting caught up on the violence between the 'colored' shirts. But who is targeting those whose only desire is to preserve democracy in Thailand?

you are right - I have seen many pics and videos on Thai websites showing the intimidation tactics of the protesters - verbal abuse, pushing, shoving and physical attacks on regular Thai citizens - male and female - trying to vote. The people on the pics and in the videos are terrified but still try to cast their vote - many are stopped by violent means!

Just Curious! Off all the Farang TV members here posting about how great Suthep and the Democrats are ,and are supporting the terrorists thugs who are seizing the public roads and buildings and causing inconveniences to the common citizens and are preventing normal citizens from voting thru violent means as seen in pics and videos and who are constantly threathening anyone who shares a different ideology and who are themselves corrupt to the core (Suthep and the rest of the Democrats), what do you achive by supporting them and also degrading the poor peasant farmers from the North an the Northeast.These same PRDC terrorist and thugs threat the muslims same as Thaksin as can be seen in what happened in the Mosque in Trang recently, they despise foreigners (as seen in a video between Dr Seri a PRDC Core Leader and A Western Journalists) and another one of their protest leaders, a high-so white-skinned heir from the Singha Beer Family who called all fellow humans ie upcountry people as stupid and ignorant and comparable to a buffaloes. The PRDC calim to support and love the king and yet their ulterorior motive is to create an unelected council to govern the country that is to be headed by a another Royalty that is not from the Chakri Dynasty (the main guy who is behing Suthep and whose surname starts with a Y). Also the Democrats despited having some who are educacted from overseas generally hate farangs and westerners . So please pray tell me why do u support them so much?

(Yes Thaksin is corrupted and also terrible in human right issues etc...but there is a legal way to get him , his family and the PTP) but why condone the extreme actions of these PRDC terrorists?

yes you are right. The legal way is coming soon.

• Like 1

All the red lovers in T.V. will now be happy - of course it was Suthep's own people who did it - just ask a red and bear in mind they never lie

sarcasm, though quite funny, is usually lost in translation. i now only one man, whose son is a sniper for the police force. and he is a madman, a killer, and a rapist. it saddens me to watch my own people kill eachother over nothing. ... NOTHING. the best way to get things done in thailand is not by direct approach, but by flanking.

• Like 1

When you prevent millions of people from exercising their voting rights you are bound to make a few bad ones angry. Killing someone is always wrong but he knew the risks of his actions and paid the price.

But it is probably even deeper than this election. The protesters--as the elites that they are or think they are--have for decades declared the poorer, less influential, farmers and beyond Bangkok folk, to be not intelligent enough to vote and have looked down their noses at these citizens with disdain. How long did the elites think this could last, especially after Thaksin awoke the beyond Bangkok crowd and showed them the power of the vote that resulted in repeated victories whilst the self-proclaimed elites couldn't come close to winning an election.

Now come the TV echo chambers reverberating Suthep's contention that he even cried to Obama about in a letter, that the only reason Thaksin has been able to win elections is due to vote buying. Well, any child would recognize that if this were fact it would be in Suthep's best interest to welcome the election and then invite independent international monitors to expose all the problems in order to invalidate and overturn the election results and dismantle PTP and Thaksin forever in Thai politics and world opinion. Any child can figure this out so why block elections that are illegal when such illegality would be the coup de mort for Thaksin and PTP?

Clearly, things are not as they are being made to appear.

I enjoy the story... and if I'd have free time... no doubt..., I'd go along with that _grand_ conclusion:

"Clearly, things are not as they are being made to appear."

Sorry na, content noise, cdn't resist

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First i think it is pretty safe to say that most of us on here are not Thai nor are we allowed to vote.

Second i think it is also fair to say that we all knew that this day would come only an idiot or tourist would think it would not.

People have died. Thai's on both sides are going to up the rhetoric. Which will solve absolutely nothing.

My first question is where is Yingluck? No offence to those that support her but let's face it as a leader she is seeming about as useful as her brother at this point.

The EC stated that this was an issue, the world knew that this was an issue, it has been stated that this group was going from polling station to polling station. OK where were the police? The problem here is that there is no real police presence that takes control and is respected. If the police had of been at the polling station then this would not have happened. Who is in charge of the police, Yingluck and Chalerm.

There is only one way out of this mess.

let me ask the Brits do you think the Queen would do if it got this bad?

To the yanks and you have the most experience with this. What happened during the Race and anti Vietnam riots.

Bring in the military as a caretaker government set up a reform group of non political people.

This is one of few post which has a sense. I totally agree, this government is irresponsible. Better to go out first, then we can talk for new election with some anti corruption law revised first

Not a well thought out post about Asias no1 banana republic

The UKs Queen really isnt political ( for real )and dosnt get involved in politics and comparing here could never happen in the UK we have them on a tight leash for a good reason and the same with our forces, unlike some other monarchies around the globe whistling.gif

Usually they and up either having power stripped,ending up in exile or worse, Food to thought wai2.gif

All the red lovers in T.V. will now be happy - of course it was Suthep's own people who did it - just ask a red and bear in mind they never lie

sarcasm, though quite funny, is usually lost in translation. i now only one man, whose son is a sniper for the police force. and he is a madman, a killer, and a rapist. it saddens me to watch my own people kill eachother over nothing. ... NOTHING. the best way to get things done in thailand is not by direct approach, but by flanking.

"sarcasm, though quite funny, is usually lost in translation"

Dude that is epic, your epic and I now have serious man love for you

To make a simple analogy I would say this... the yellow Mob has been acting like a schoolyard bully .... but the rest of kids have had enough and are about gang up on the "Bully" and kick his YELLOW ASS.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Murder is wrong, and I think a lot of us condemn the killings on both sides. But having said that, a systematic attempt to close polling stations to stop people exercising their democratic right to vote is a criminal act that goes well beyond legitimate protest. Can we really be surprised if people who fear that their votes will be taken away become violent? Many TVF posters who subscribe to the 'one evil man' theory have peddled the argument for a very long time that cutting off Thaksin's alleged payments from abroad would result in all those terrible red people settling down again to their lives as part of the rural and urban under-classes. Others of us have contended that it is already too late to put the genie back in the bottle, and that attempts to disenfranchise the 'uneducated northerners' will spark a violent response. We are not endorsing that violence, just saying that that is what happens in such circumstances. If I had to make a prediction I would say the violence will escalate if there is a coup.

Just wondering how I would react to a century of repression, no money, being told constantly that you only vote for who pays them, being told by some up her arse socialite your too thick to vote. Having all this blasted at you for 80 days by a very small minority, from hundreds of trucks with speakers. The only thing many poor have, that makes them feel equal, is their right to vote and somebody is trying to take it away. So today that right is physically taken away by some silly paid for activists who look down on you like you are shit.

How would I react... NUT..stitch that you stuck up ponce. Thats not inciting violence but it may help the yellow activists on here realise where these people are coming from

• Like 1

Have mulled through different reports and video footage today and the only salient point is <deleted> were the police. Not a single trace to be seen of the bastions of law and order.

They were supposed to have been ordered to provide protection to the protesters and keep the Red faction renowned for their violence, away from each other, however, to do that you must have presence and that is something these Thaksin lackeys do not possess as their training only involves taking handouts and falsifying or ignoring evidence. They are truly a bloody disgrace to both the people and the country.

• Like 1

Me ex gf lost the election to represent that ward in 2006. The election before the last coup. She ran under TRT. The dems has that area vote wise but there is determined pro T party activities there. They are not the very nice dudes. They must not miss this golden opportunity to take and lay a few new rules to hold it going forward.