NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

The anti-government has been using the same tactics that reds employed in 2010. It is only a matter of time until the red shirts retaliate. They have demonstrated again and again how quickly they turn to violence and intimidation. It doesn't really matter if the polls are blocked because the reds can't lose the election.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you show some proof of your statements please? That people were killed for criticizing Thaksin?

If I were to produce 50 hand written confessions it wouldn't satisfy you. Don't waste my time or yours.

Edited by JRSoul

He was from the student network, not pcad.

Protesters are the minority in bkk and they will suffer further losses next Sunday, if they try to block polling boots

He was from the PAD, the masterminds behind the uprising.

Even if that isn't BS, which I doubt, so what?

You can argue semantics all day long, it still doesn't make preventing people from voting legal. Which was the point I was trying to make.

It's not semantics. There's illegal and then there's terrorism. And the big T word is usually saved for very bad people. For example, someone burning down Central World is a terrorist. Someone throwing bombs at people is a terrorist. But when someone tries to call a protestor who hasn't actually hurt or killed anyone or blow something up a 'terrorist' then that's usually a deliberate misuse for politics.

These people crossed the fence into acts of terror the night they attacked that bus. Then the taxi, then the intimidation of workers. They have upped the ante and expected people to cave. People are not giving in to the thugs and goons no matter how frequently they are described as good , middle class people. Good people don't pay thugs to carry out their violent acts and pretend they are just innocent whistlers

Evidence for the payment claims please. You once more only mention the violence from one side not both. You justify this mans murder with a one sided claim.

Oh yes the protestors are 'bad people'. The 'good people' are the ones that had someone shot dead in cold blood today.

Looked like an act of self defence to me. Here are some of the weapons found in the truck belonging to the dead terrorist. image.jpg

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Everyone wo lives in Thailand knows that if you go out looking for trouble you can find it.

No one deserved to die. It wasn't self defence it was a cowardly act of murder.

I have removed a bickering session. Try to be civil please.

I have also removed posts that have exceeded nested quote limit because they were too messed up to make head or tail of who said what. Please try to minimise nested quotes to the one or two that you are actually replying to. Thanks.

Oh yes the protestors are 'bad people'. The 'good people' are the ones that had someone shot dead in cold blood today.

Looked like an act of self defence to me. Here are some of the weapons found in the truck belonging to the dead terrorist.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Everyone wo lives in Thailand knows that if you go out looking for trouble you can find it.

Cut the crap. Have some decency and acknowledge that the scum killed completely unarmed old fella. Actually he was the one who tried to avoid confrontation. Self-defense my backside. Three shots. Head, heart and abdomen. A murder. Do not even try to justify it.

Good shooting, if that's true. If he was interested in avoiding confrontation he would have stayed at home and left the Thai people to exercise their democratic rights in peace. This killing will serve as a salutary lesson to anyone considering interfering with the main election day next Sunday. The patience of the Thai people has worn thin.

Good shooting? A man has been murdered and you celebrate that fact. Contemptible.

What lead us to the current situation is the mentality of an obscenely rich, arrogant, megalomaniac fascist by the name of Thaksin Shinawatra, who just won't go away!

Thaksin "going away" will not put the genie back in the bottle with red people settling down again to their lives as part of the rural and urban under-classes. The hatred and underlying issues in Thai society are much deeper rooted.

Certainly if one reads the Thai web boards and the insults traded on both sides one can not help but think this is going to end badly!

Taking into consideration Thaksin's gleeful unleashing of the "police" in February 2003 to wantonly murder "drug dealers" -- that is, 2,500-or so suspected or accused or disliked or simply unlucky small-scale alleged retailers (and the children, friends, and relatives who happened to find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time) -- plus the reign of terror his bought-and-paid-for Black Shirts unleashed upon Bangkok in April-May 2010, it should be obvious to the dopey farang running-dogs-of-the-Reds that REMOVING THAKSIN FROM POLITICS IS A NECESSARY, THOUGH NOT SUFFICIENT, PRECONDITION FOR DEMOCRACY. That is to say, for all those fools who, astonishingly -- against all the evidence -- try to portray the violent, megalomaniacal Thaksin as some great hero of democracy, here's a clue: You will never see democracy again in Thailand if that blood-on-his-hands fugitive were ever allowed to return to this country and entrench his power. Thaksin stated on many occasions prior to the Sept. 2006 coup that democracy was not his goal; he wanted to run Thailand like a CEO; that is, like a big boss whose word is law. He wanted to discipline Thai society, like the angry, tunnel-visioned cop he was trained to be. Thaksin set as an objective to dis-empower the poor by cultivating their dependence on his financial largesse (acquired not by Steve Jobs-like entrepreneurial hard work but instead through paying kickbacks to get contracts to computerize the "police" force in the 1980s). Simply sitting back and allowing Thaksin to win this decades-long struggle -- let alone to help him in his cause by incessantly circulating propaganda, like stupid running-dogs -- would mean the utter impossibility of democracy ever reappearing for a generation or more, and the ruination of the Thai economy through wild, hare-brained schemes like the rice-pledging scam. In opposition, using occasionally non-democratic (but also, normally, non-violent) methods to prevent Thaksin's gluttonous lust for power from being realized is a small price to pay considering the alternative would be that Thaksin would crush all hope of democracy for 30 years or more. Everyone with a brain, a capacity for reason, and a willingness to study Thailand objectively -- not letting their own shame at being born into a lower class in some farang country where class prejudice is so strong that it distorts mental judgment and makes the self-loathing farang burn with envy and rage -- understands all of this to be demonstrably true. The formula is simple: Thaksin winning = no democracy for decades. Thaksin losing = a ray of hope that democracy can take root, though it will take a long, long time to undo all the damage that the power-mad man-in-the-sand and his mindless mobs of red- and black-shirted goons have caused to the political culture.

• Like 1

for all of you who think the current government is wrong, lets see what khun suthep said during the redshirt protests...

"If they violate the laws, such as blocking roads and intruding into government offices, we will have to disperse them." Then Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand Suthep 'Adolf' Thaugsuban, March 12, 2010

Whats this....hmmmm...hypocrisy , the guy has back footed on everything he says and instigated all of what has happened in the current situation.

Every Thai has a constitutional right to vote, just like in all other countries which abide by a democratic process and it is not the right of a minority to disrupt the democratic process , just because they cannot win a vote. This guy died for what he believed in, good for him, still does not make it right!

It's not wrong if he does it.

now murder charges for thaksin. he should be extradited immediately. he is the one that ordered the killing and everybody knows it

not everyone. I don't have any contacts with Thaksin so I can't say if he ordered the hit or not. I could make an assumption that the offender may have been a Thaksin supporter tho

now murder charges for thaksin. he should be extradited immediately. he is the one that ordered the killing and everybody knows it

not everyone. I don't have any contacts with Thaksin so I can't say if he ordered the hit or not. I could make an assumption that the offender may have been a Thaksin supporter tho

Whoever did it, should be jailed but since this is Thailand, wonder if the truth will ever come out.

• Like 1

There's nothing more retarded than watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa.

I'm confused. Who is it that's watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics on Thaivisa? According to you they're retarded and since you're replying to the thread I assume you're watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa. So does that mean you think you're retarded? Or are you referring to those arguing and you're not quite good enough to write it down correctly?.

I'm not surprised that you're confused. A 3 year-old could understand it.

Sorry it was late, I was in a hurry and it wasn't as plain as it should be.

I understand exactly what you've written but I'm not certain that it's what you mean. It means that people watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics are retarded. A rather insulting comment in my view. Since you are obviously reading at least some of these posts it suggests you think you are a retard as well. I'm just a bit surprised that you've said that. I'm used to people coming on here telling us that we shouldn't comment on Thai politics because it's nothing to do with us despite the fact many of us live here and have family here. It's just unusual to hear someone insult themselves.

Maybe that's not what you meant in which case maybe you could clarify your post for me.

Oh and if you know a 3 year old who can understand it I'd love to see them.

• Like 1

Not that I care for the man, but what moo bann did that come from and where can I get one of those nutty tin foil hats of yours ? I know the RTP are real good at making things up like all the rest of thais in some official office or wannabes but i think maybe you need to show even them some kind of evidence.

Maybe a Cambodian ladyboy did it, just maybe mickey mouse is real.... or maybe Suthep ordered it or..... maybe its just made up because your life isnt interesting enough.

Ill take a stab at the real truth and say your talking out the back of your neck unless you can prove anything. wai2.gif

• Like 1

So someones been busy studying the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcymHt0s-_A

Can certainly see a flash coming from the vehicle in concert with the sound of gunfire.

Not going to comment other than to say it begs a few questions.

Yes definitely looks as tho he may have been shot by one of his own. Will be interesting to see what the investigation reveals. Someone is not going to be happy about this video being made public.

Can certainly see a flash coming from the vehicle in concert with the sound of gunfire.

Yes definitely looks as tho he may have been shot by one of his own. Will be interesting to see what the investigation reveals. Someone is not going to be happy about this vide

o being made public.

Or an Alien

Yes definitely looks as tho he may have been shot by one of his own. Will be interesting to see what the investigation reveals. Someone is not going to be happy about this vide

o being made public.

Or an Alien

I'll leave the alien theory to others

Taking into consideration Thaksin's gleeful unleashing of the "police" in February 2003 to wantonly murder "drug dealers" -- that is, 2,500-or so suspected or accused or disliked or simply unlucky small-scale alleged retailers (and the children, friends, and relatives who happened to find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time) -- plus the reign of terror his bought-and-paid-for Black Shirts unleashed upon Bangkok in April-May 2010, it should be obvious to the dopey farang running-dogs-of-the-Reds that REMOVING THAKSIN FROM POLITICS IS A NECESSARY, THOUGH NOT SUFFICIENT, PRECONDITION FOR DEMOCRACY. That is to say, for all those fools who, astonishingly -- against all the evidence -- try to portray the violent, megalomaniacal Thaksin as some great hero of democracy, here's a clue: You will never see democracy again in Thailand if that blood-on-his-hands fugitive were ever allowed to return to this country and entrench his power. Thaksin stated on many occasions prior to the Sept. 2006 coup that democracy was not his goal; he wanted to run Thailand like a CEO; that is, like a big boss whose word is law. He wanted to discipline Thai society, like the angry, tunnel-visioned cop he was trained to be. Thaksin set as an objective to dis-empower the poor by cultivating their dependence on his financial largesse (acquired not by Steve Jobs-like entrepreneurial hard work but instead through paying kickbacks to get contracts to computerize the "police" force in the 1980s). Simply sitting back and allowing Thaksin to win this decades-long struggle -- let alone to help him in his cause by incessantly circulating propaganda, like stupid running-dogs -- would mean the utter impossibility of democracy ever reappearing for a generation or more, and the ruination of the Thai economy through wild, hare-brained schemes like the rice-pledging scam. In opposition, using occasionally non-democratic (but also, normally, non-violent) methods to prevent Thaksin's gluttonous lust for power from being realized is a small price to pay considering the alternative would be that Thaksin would crush all hope of democracy for 30 years or more. Everyone with a brain, a capacity for reason, and a willingness to study Thailand objectively -- not letting their own shame at being born into a lower class in some farang country where class prejudice is so strong that it distorts mental judgment and makes the self-loathing farang burn with envy and rage -- understands all of this to be demonstrably true. The formula is simple: Thaksin winning = no democracy for decades. Thaksin losing = a ray of hope that democracy can take root, though it will take a long, long time to undo all the damage that the power-mad man-in-the-sand and his mindless mobs of red- and black-shirted goons have caused to the political culture.

Very good post, where have you been all these monthswai2.gif

So. Why does it take Suthep to tell is of this impending doom? What's he been up to for 10 years?

Taking into consideration Thaksin's gleeful unleashing of the "police" in February 2003 to wantonly murder "drug dealers" -- that is, 2,500-or so suspected or accused or disliked or simply unlucky small-scale alleged retailers (and the children, friends, and relatives who happened to find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time) -- plus the reign of terror his bought-and-paid-for Black Shirts unleashed upon Bangkok in April-May 2010, it should be obvious to the dopey farang running-dogs-of-the-Reds that REMOVING THAKSIN FROM POLITICS IS A NECESSARY, THOUGH NOT SUFFICIENT, PRECONDITION FOR DEMOCRACY. That is to say, for all those fools who, astonishngly -- against all the evidence -- try to portray the violent, megalomaniacal Thaksin as some great hero of democracy, here's a clue: You will never see democracy again in Thailand if that blood-on-his-hands fugitive were ever allowed to return to this country and entrench his power. Thaksin stated on many occasions prior to the Sept. 2006 coup that democracy was not his goal; he wanted to run Thailand like a CEO; that is, like a big boss whose word is law. He wanted to discipline Thai society, like the angry, tunnel-visioned cop he was trained to be. Thaksin set as an objective to dis-empower the poor by cultivating their dependence on his financial largesse (acquired not by Steve Jobs-like entrepreneurial hard work but instead through paying kickbacks to get contracts to computerize the "police" force in the 1980s). Simply sitting back and allowing Thaksin to win this decades-long struggle -- let alone to help him in his cause by incessantly circulating propaganda, like stupid running-dogs -- would mean the utter impossibility of democracy ever reappearing for a generation or more, and the ruination of the Thai economy through wild, hare-brained schemes like the rice-pledging scam. In opposition, using occasionally non-democratic (but also, normally, non-violent) methods to prevent Thaksin's gluttonous lust for power from being realized is a small price to pay considering the alternative would be that Thaksin would crush all hope of democracy for 30 years or more. Everyone with a brain, a capacity for reason, and a willingness to study Thailand objectively -- not letting their own shame at being born into a lower class in some farang country where class prejudice is so strong that it distorts mental judgment and makes the self-loathing farang burn with envy and rage -- understands all of this to be demonstrably true. The formula is simple: Thaksin winning = no democracy for decades. Thaksin losing = a ray of hope that democracy can take root, though it will take a long, long time to undo all the damage that the power-mad man-in-the-sand and his mindless mobs of red- and black-shirted goons have caused to the political culture.

Jeez man, what a fury inside you.

• Like 2

So interesting reading the posts here. This is the place where you can get shot for causing someone to lose face, or not paying off the loan sharks, or any one of a hundred other dopey reasons. So is it any surprise that when the democratic process is usurped not once but on many occasions that people will get gun crazy? The more I think I understand Thailand and Thais the more I realise I know <deleted> about LOS ! Wheels within wheels within wheels. Why Thailand just doesn't come right out and tell the world that it really does not have a working democracy (never had) and just admit to being a feudal society the better off they will be. But this garbage about Thailand being a democracy and fighting for rights etc. is nothing but a sham. Years and years ago the rural poor would have 'high waied' their overlords and stayed in their place but now, in the 21st century with access to social media and an insight to the rest of the world etc., they are no longer prepared to put up with a system designed to disenfranchise them. So, before I get flamed from all sides. Any form of violence overt, implied or covert is to be decried; it is just that the Thais have not had a history of managing their anger so this sort of tragedy is to be expected. And to all the Taksin haters.... he did not invent corruption... just took it to its logical conclusion in a society incapable of having strong checks and balances and true separation of the legislative and judicial arms.

And there endeth the sermon. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

o being made public.

Or an Alien

Just saw this clip on the Australian News, international media may be going with the theory he was killed from within. Not good for Sutheps plea to get U.S support for his cause.

There's nothing more retarded than watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa.

I'm confused. Who is it that's watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics on Thaivisa? According to you they're retarded and since you're replying to the thread I assume you're watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa. So does that mean you think you're retarded? Or are you referring to those arguing and you're not quite good enough to write it down correctly?.

I'm not surprised that you're confused. A 3 year-old could understand it.

Sorry it was late, I was in a hurry and it wasn't as plain as it should be.

I understand exactly what you've written but I'm not certain that it's what you mean. It means that people watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics are retarded. A rather insulting comment in my view. Since you are obviously reading at least some of these posts it suggests you think you are a retard as well. I'm just a bit surprised that you've said that. I'm used to people coming on here telling us that we shouldn't comment on Thai politics because it's nothing to do with us despite the fact many of us live here and have family here. It's just unusual to hear someone insult themselves.

Maybe that's not what you meant in which case maybe you could clarify your post for me.

Oh and if you know a 3 year old who can understand it I'd love to see them.

Perhaps this will help you:

The word "retard" is widely accepted as being non PC and it is unacceptable to call someone a "retard". So, realizing that my post would probably be deleted if I called someone here a "retard", I had to find a more acceptable/creative way to say what I wanted to say.

The reasons for what I said? I'll let you figure that out. Oh, and I have a family in Thailand also, so don't assume because I won't choose sides that I don't.

They should be able to confirm if that's the source of the bullet from the autopsy. That being said, what motive do they have to kill one of their leaders?

Just as in the Syrian conflict, there are several different battles being waged simultaneously in Thailand at the moment, and they're not all being fought out in the open. One battle is ordinary people who are fed up with the venal Shinawatra government staging protests to force them out. Opposing them are equally ordinary people who may or may not actively support PTP, but who feel that the first group are threatening their democratic rights. But in the shadows behind both these groups are cabals of very powerful people who are jockeying to be in the driving seat when a certain unmentionable but inevitable day comes to pass. The stakes are very high indeed, and these powerful people are fearful that if they are out of the front row at the crucial time, they might never get near it again - ever. These powerful cabals have enormous influence and resources and can buy, threaten, bribe or manipulate the ordinary people in the first two groups into acting in ways which they (the people in the shadows) believe will either get them into, or maintain them in, the said front row.

The second shadowy battle is never discussed on open forums, but it sets the pace and tone of the battle that is being played out nightly on the TV or in the morning editorials. What's most dangerous is that the clock is ticking and either losing an election or conceding power could be absolutely disastrous. Consequently nobody is going to step back an inch.

Interesting times indeed.

Neat and accurate summary of what's really going on here. My view is that I don't care which side comes out on top as long as Thailand continues to be a democracy and the Thai people get their say at the polls every four years or so. Anything less is unacceptable.

Yes definitely looks as tho he may have been shot by one of his own. Will be interesting to see what the investigation reveals. Someone is not going to be happy about this video being made public.

Quit trolling. Or even better bring back your old avatar, it just sums the level of your intelligence up. Also tthey used the remote control to ransack the truck. Get a life.

Seriously, you'd better join Alex Jones shows. That's your level of debate.

Edited by Mackie

Chalerm has blood on his hands. No sooner has he stated that Suthep will be arrested 'dead or alive' than we have Taratin shot dead, the same method Chalerm said was ok for Suthep. Inciting the red shirts to lethal violence by saying it is ok to murder the anti govt protesters (ok for the police to murder the leader).

Chalerm obviously takes his cue from the evil monk in the 70s who said it was OK to kill a communist. The result was many poor Isaan villagers slaughtered with impunity by armed vigilantes without any proof of their political views, just like Thaksin's war against drugs.

When you say, "evil monk in the 70s" are you referring to the monk Kittivudho who was associated with the Thammasat University Incident? And what "poor villagers were slaughtered with impunity"? Thanks.

Quit trolling. Or even better bring back your old avatar, it just sums the level of your intelligence up. Also tthey used the remote control to ransack the truck. Get a life.

Seriously, you'd better join Alex Jones shows. That's your level of debate.

How is my post trolling? I commented on a video that I didn't create and simply said he "MAY" have been shot by one of his own and I am interested to see the outcome of the investigation. I haven't accused anyone or taken any side. So how on earth is that trolling