What is your best cure for hangover?

CryWolf

Today is not the best day for me..

Yesterday I attended a party and came home pretty late burp.gif

For some reason i didn't go straight to bed, but stayed up making silly post on facebook, so when i woke up today I had to go through yesterdays net-activities and delete a few posts. I have a vague memory of falling off the chair at some point (may be the reason for the pain in my shoulder), and there was a full glass of wine standing next to my computer this morning.

So now you maybe have an idea of how i'm feeling today....

What is your best cure for a serious hangover? Finishing the full glass of wine will maybe do the works, but that's not an option today smile.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleep it off, drink lots of fluids with electrolytes - these will help you to beat the dehydration.

If I get a real hangover I tend to feel much better after my first meal and I'm well on the road to recovery after my second meal.

For a headache I take Paracetamol / Tylenol - never take Aspirin on an empty stomach after drinking a lot of alcohol !

• Like 1

All good advices smile.png

If it was saturday i would follow Satcommli's one, but unfortunately i have duties tomorrow..

I also suspect my wife would give me a few days with the silent treatment!

It's 4pm here now, and i've had 2 meals and 2 paracet.. seems to help a little.

I found 2 more posts i had to delete... My computer should be locked with an alcometer device laugh.png

On this thread I'm getting an ad saying

"Slim your wallet.. reach pocket nirvana with a slimmer wallet"

and I have to say that earning a hangover is the most effective way of reaching that goal that I have found

SC

My ad was about refinancing, offering a loan on 1.500.000 thb at only 9%

This hangover just keeps on giving

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My cure is to not get one in the first place.

When i begin to notice I am drinking a lot, I start ordering waters

Before I hit home I hit a 7-11 (within walking distance of home so a taxi or friend can drop me off there)

I then get 1 Gatorade. 1 bottle of Hang, and 2 pork filled Chinese buns.

Water to fight the dehydration, and electrolytes and B vitamins to replace those peed out, and some protein, fat, and carbs to help soak up alcohol to slow it down from quickly passing through intestinal lining.

• Like 1

The only thing that can soothe a dodgy stomach is flat beer. The rest of the symptoms paracetamol, coconut juice (as above) and a Thai massage.

Love the advice about Thai massage!!!

Hope the wife is up for it :)

My cure is to not get one in the first place.

When i begin to notice I am drinking a lot, I start ordering waters

Before I hit home I hit a 7-11 (within walking distance of home so a taxi or friend can drop me off there)

I then get 1 Gatorade. 1 bottle of Hang, and 2 pork filled Chinese buns.

Water to fight the dehydration, and electrolytes and B vitamins to replace those peed out, and some protein, fat, and carbs to help soak up alcohol to slow it down from quickly passing through intestinal lining.

Not getting there is not a cure...

If I followed that advice I wouldn't start this thread, and would probably not have been king of the dancefloor yesterday..

The rest is useful though :)

• Like 2

After years of experimentation, the best cure for a hangover, for me anyway, is a strong Bloody Mary, with lots of Tabasco or better yet, horse radish.

These days after a night out drinking, I try to drink 1/2 liter of water and eat something greasy before going to bed. It prevents the hangover from starting.

Edited by Loptr
  • Like 1

Marijuana and a Thai massage, then probably some fast food

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you mean as an alternative to drinking or as a supplement? tongue.png

I meant as a hangover cure. I think this is the subject of the thread.

• Like 1

Marijuana and a Thai massage, then probably some fast food

Unfortunately i finished it before i went to bed (one of many great desicions made under the influence)

It would definately ease the hangover, but it would also make me totally useless

After years of experimentation, the best cure for a hangover, for me anyway, is a strong Bloody Mary, with lots of Tabasco or better yet, horse radish.

These days after a night out drinking, I try to drink 1/2 liter of water and eat something greasy before going to bed. It prevents the hangover from starting.

Never tried the Bloody Mary, that will be tested on the next occation.

The greasy food before bedtime is a winner for me,

4 egg whites, banana , couple scoops of natural yogurt & half pint of milk blended up. .....if this doesn't work, take half aspirin & paracetamol with coffee or coke (anything with caffeine) .... if this doesn't work... only option is more alcohol wink.png