Benelli bn-302 price question

OverCloudz

So the bn-302 seems to be the motorbike that i was waiting for. It looks awesome! But the seller at maya told me that the price is 129 000 if i make a deposit before febuary 1rst and it will go up 10 000 bahts every month until it reaches 159 000 bahts. I am skeptical about this promotion, what do you think?

post-178733-0-63430400-1390753529_thumb.

Sounds like megalomania. They should be happy to sell a few bikes. I wouldn't buy it for 159k smile.png

But i don't know what import tax they have to pay. So maybe they cannot sell it for 129k and start with a promotion. Who/what is maya?

maya is a new mall in chiang mai.

Her words are playing in my heads. They sure are good sellers (or i'm just a compulsive buyer :D )! I would love to try the bike first, but if i can save 30k and even sell the motorbike the same price that i bought it if i dont like it, it would be great.

Did someone ever heard of a promo like this one for another motorbike or car? It would suck to wait until feb 1st to see that she was telling the true and it's now 10k more.

Sales people aren't renowned for their honesty here. Phone Benelli Thailand and ask them what the price is going to be, without mentioning the supposed offer. IMHO the bike at 129500 baht is already above it's ceiling in this market and if you buy now and sell later you'll still take a hit even if the retail price increases.

^

i didn't think they were ,but then read on here off any off these bikes appearing with keeway stickers and even being registered in the green book with different model from purchase,all seems a bit weird to me and just another reason not to buy one...............

last year i noticed we had a dealer of these bikes in our town ,well dealer might be an exaggeration ,more like a little shop front selling them ,I'm going past where the shop was today, if its still there i am going to pop in there today to have a look. i will check what stickers are on what bikes might even see if i can get a test ride.

Edited by taninthai

aren't Benelli, Keeyway and Sym all the same company.

It's been explained here before. NO. SYM are a Taiwanese company building top quality vehicles of their own brand and also cars for Hyundai, and also supplying the engines and transmissions for the new Lambretta scooter and assembling this machine for the Italian company. They made millions of Cubs for Honda since the early 60s and even have a factory in Japan producing SYM vehicles for the Japanese domestic market. The ONLY thing SYM has in common with Benelli and Keeway is the the Thai importer known as M-Bike.

129 k thb is a lot for that bike!

it is heavier than a cbr500r and honda is about to release cbr300 for cheaper than this.

for 159 k it is ridiculous to buy this thing!!!if i were you, i go buy a ninj300 or put 40 k more and get a 500 honda.

dont do it to yourself and get a reliable brand!

• Like 1

Oh come now....smile.png

If folks keep slamming these bikes before anyone has ever bought one

or ridden one how will we ever know how they are?

Also lets keep price clear ...........

This poster said he can buy it for 129k

If he wants a Ninja 300 he needs to kick in another 53,500 baht

If he wants a Honda 500 he needs to kick in another 76,000 baht ( f version )

If he wants a Honda 300 he needs his head examined.....laugh.png sorry just kidding...kind of

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Oh come now....smile.png

If he wants a Honda 300 he needs his head examined.....laugh.png sorry just kidding...kind of

well, if someone is buying a benelli 300 from unknown tin parts bin over a cheaper honda cbr300, that yes, that head needs to be examined!

• Like 1

CBR300 will just be another boring Honda everyone is riding. The BN302 is an interesting alternative if priced well.

When can you buy a CBR300 and for what price? ABS i guess? But i don't think it will be less than 129k.

When will the BN302 be available?

It will be available in June. I tried the kawasaki z250 today, i hate it, it's way too small for me (i'm 181cm)

I dont like the sport style like a ninja 300 and cbr 300. I just think that this bn-302 looks awesome, would be nice to know the dimension to see if it's small like the z250. But yeah no reviews yet, unknow territory...

it is a 300 cc bike with 200 kg. a ninja is 25 kg lighter and cbr300 is 40 kg lighter.

but i understand you OP. there are no standard naked bikes at 250 - 300 cc segment in thailand apart from kawa z250 and this thing.

^

i didn't think they were ,but then read on here off any off these bikes appearing with keeway stickers and even being registered in the green book with different model from purchase,all seems a bit weird to me and just another reason not to buy one...............

last year i noticed we had a dealer of these bikes in our town ,well dealer might be an exaggeration ,more like a little shop front selling them ,I'm going past where the shop was today, if its still there i am going to pop in there today to have a look. i will check what stickers are on what bikes might even see if i can get a test ride.

update i couldn't find the shop in my town selling these bikes ,it was over 6 months ago when i noticed it ,i guess he packed up shop.

^

Please explain how a motorcycle can be sold with Keeway stickers or registered with another model number if not one is actually delivered to customers?

^

Dimensions are available.

http://www.benelli-thailand.co.th/motorcycle/bn-302/

http://www.benellimoto.com/eng/Catalog/Motorcycles//BN-600-302/Technical-Data-cd-834.aspx

I don't like these sportbikes either. I was hoping Benelli/Keeway would come up with a 400cc. But 300cc may do it too, hopefully.

We know the seat height of the z250 but not the benelli... And from where the height is measured? why is the overall: 750mm but the seat height: 785mm?

z250:

Overall width × height × length: 2010 mm × 750mm × 1,025 mm

Center distance: 1410 mm

Minimum ground clearance: 145mm

Seat height: 785 mm

Trail: 26/82 mm

Weight of vehicle: 168kg

Fuel tank capacity: 17-litre

Edited by OverCloudz

^

Please explain how a motorcycle can be sold with Keeway stickers or registered with another model number if not one is actually delivered to customers?

i can't explain it richard i don't buy these types of bikes,but check out this thread.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696411-wrong-bike-name-displayed-on-the-greeen-book/

was hoping you could maybe have some answers as you seem to be in the know with these sorts of manufactures.

please reply your thoughts on this.

• Like 1

^

i can't explain it richard i don't buy these types of bikes,but check out this thread.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696411-wrong-bike-name-displayed-on-the-greeen-book/

was hoping you could maybe have some answers as you seem to be in the know with these sorts of manufactures.

I looked at the forum thread you provided and have to say that it has nothing to do with Benelli. And the Keeway RKV200 is a Keeway RKV200 and has nothing to do with stickers.... The JL200GY-2 is a completely different motorcycle and it's clearly some mess-up from the dealer who applied for the greenbook. I would also be not that difficult to correct the mistake.

About mistakes in greenbooks I can say that I'm surprised that we never had that topic before, as it happens a lot. I seen Hondo and Kawasake and much weirder interpretations. What is most important is that the frame and engine numbers are correct the rest is correctable.

You have the z250, CBR250 + 300, Ninja 250 + 300, or if you want to splash out get an KTM RC390 - all solid well reviewed bikes that you can ride from the go with good servicing and reliability.

Or, you can buy a shitty Benelli - Italian styling over cheap Chinese parts. I test rode the 600 and it was a dog - even the switches were cheap and nasty on it. Will this 300 be different? Doubt it.

Edited by English_M_in_Bkk

^

I looked at the forum thread you provided and have to say that it has nothing to do with Benelli. And the Keeway RKV200 is a Keeway RKV200 and has nothing to do with stickers.... The JL200GY-2 is a completely different motorcycle and it's clearly some mess-up from the dealer who applied for the greenbook. I would also be not that difficult to correct the mistake.

About mistakes in greenbooks I can say that I'm surprised that we never had that topic before, as it happens a lot. I seen Hondo and Kawasake and much weirder interpretations. What is most important is that the frame and engine numbers are correct the rest is correctable.

if you read the thread richard the dealer didn't seem to think it was a mistake ,plus i think someone else mentioned their bike has been registered the same way as said all seems strange and something not right there,i don't care weather its bennilli,leeway, or sym as you are aware i wouldn't buy these bikes . my opinion is its more to do with mbike which from reading on here is the importer of all these bikes.

^

Dimensions are available.

http://www.benelli-thailand.co.th/motorcycle/bn-302/

http://www.benellimoto.com/eng/Catalog/Motorcycles//BN-600-302/Technical-Data-cd-834.aspx

I don't like these sportbikes either. I was hoping Benelli/Keeway would come up with a 400cc. But 300cc may do it too, hopefully.

We know the seat height of the z250 but not the benelli... And from where the height is measured? why is the overall: 750mm but the seat height: 785mm?

z250:

Overall width × height × length: 2010 mm × 750mm × 1,025 mm[/size]

Center distance: 1410 mm[/size]

Minimum ground clearance: 145mm[/size]

Seat height: 785 mm[/size]

Trail: 26/82 mm[/size]

Weight of vehicle: 168kg[/size]

Fuel tank capacity: 17-litre[/size]

Taken from http://www.benellimoto.com/eng/Catalog/Motorcycles//BN-600-302/Technical-Data-cd-834.aspx

PILOT SEAT HEIGHT 795 mm

Don't know about the dimensions of the Z250. Guess they confused width, height and length.

It may should read:

Overall width × height × length: 750mm × 1,025 mm x 2010 mm

Edited by wantan
  • Like 1

^

According to that thread.. it has happened twice.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

129 k thb is a lot for that bike!

it is heavier than a cbr500r and honda is about to release cbr300 for cheaper than this.

for 159 k it is ridiculous to buy this thing!!!if i were you, i go buy a ninj300 or put 40 k more and get a 500 honda.

dont do it to yourself and get a reliable brand!

This is good advice. I really don't see any benefits of this Benelli over the CBR300, but I can think of a ton of disadvantages.

This bike would need to be around the 100,000 baht mark to represent any kind of value compared to a CBR250 or CBR300. Even if the Benelli was 100,000 I'd rather take a CBR250 (and believe me I'm no fan of the CBR250).

• Like 1

Oh come now....smile.png

Exactly.

The problem is people are quick to judge these bike now being Chines owned. The design is still Italian from Italy.

They are a great bike to ride, I've ridden one so I'm not just pulling my views from biased forums, youtube clips and other sites scratching the backs of big manufacturers. On the twisties the Kawa Z800 will be nowhere to be seen Vs the TNT 899.

It's a decent bike and will turn more heads than the usual bikes that have lost the plot with design.

However, for this bike to be a success here it needs a good dealer support.

BTW, I own a Kawasakibiggrin.png

Oh come now....smile.png

Exactly.

The problem is people are quick to judge these bike now being Chines owned. The design is still Italian from Italy.

They are a great bike to ride, I've ridden one so I'm not just pulling my views from biased forums, youtube clips and other sites scratching the backs of big manufacturers. On the twisties the Kawa Z800 will be nowhere to be seen Vs the TNT 899.

It's a decent bike and will turn more heads than the usual bikes that have lost the plot with design.

yeah, you own a kawasaki at the end.

so, why did not you buy a Benelli at the first place? just curious.

Oh come now....smile.png

Exactly.

yeah, you own a kawasaki at the end.

so, why did not you buy a Benelli at the first place? just curious.

A few reasons.

Didn't realize it was available at the time. Probably wouldn't have bought the Benelli even if it was simply because I prefer a more upright riding position. I have the Versys which is a dog to look at and the ride ain't that much better for me personally. Can't be bothered with the mods. It's very uncomfortable on the bottom and vibrates to hell on the bars. It's going in August to be replaced by the Multistrada.or BMW GS1200R.

I'm favoring the Ducati simply because I would get little opportunity to venture off road.

The reason I chose the Versys was simply to get back into riding having not done so for a few years. I owned an R1 in the UK but I didn't want to go to the expense of Ducati until i was comfortable with the chaotic traffic. Been driving here for a few years but riding is a different kettle of fish.

Edited by BBJ