I need to rent a house in Hua Hin Cha-Am area.

NCC1701A

I am looking for a house for rent in the Hua Hin / Cha-Am area.

I need a three bed room house with a wall and a gate, and hopefully a little bit of yard around the house.

A secure area would be nice.

My maximum rent is 45,000 per month.

I will be searching on the web, but I thought I would throw it out here in case anyone had any info or suggestions.

Thanks!

45,000 Baht per month is a pretty good budget so you should have no trouble finding something nice for that kind of money.

Location of course is the key factor and Cha am will probably be a little cheaper than Hua Hin.

Or to look at it other way you will probably get a bigger better house in Cha am for the same money.

The problem you have just looking on the Internet is that most of those properties are targeted directly at Farang clients and rents tend be priced accordingly.

It would be possible to find many other properties for rent that are not with Agents and simply available from owners (Thai and Farang) but in order to find these you really need to be on location in Hua Hin or Cha am and do the research and investigation your self and have a local Thai person who also speaks good English to assist you.

By doing that you could end up getting a far better house for lesd money.

But is does take time and effort.

Aldo try the baht sold web site as there are usually quite a few private rentals advertised there.

http://www.bahtsold.com/home

But just make sure you are searching in your preferred area as there will be property from all over Thailand advertised on that site.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Wow this is really not going well, I saw so many houses on the web in the US, but now that I am here there are no houses. Not sure why. All I heard on the web is there are many house for rent but three agents so far, no luck. very frustrating. And the agents don't seem to follow up or let you know what is happening. This is really turning into a disaster.

One problem with the internet realty sites is that they don't always take down properties in a timely manner when they are no longer available. I sold a house nearly a year ago and notified everyone I had advertised with but I still find it listed out there, even on sites that I never listed with...

For Cha am, rent a motobike and go for a drive with a thai passenger to read the signs; houses to rent here ( I don't know how many bedrooms ) , not far from the beach but often writen in thai, with phone number ( long term locations ) ; there is also the beach, eight kms north of Cha am , with houses for rent , some farangs live here already

Edited by Aforek

If you enjoy the country life, travel a few miles north of CHA-AM. Drive north from the CHA-AM hospital, across the draw bridge, and then you have two options to stay left or turn right towards Pethchaburi. If you stay left, travel all the way to the end of the road and along the road you'll see nice homes for rent. If you turn right, drive about a mile to the first street on the right, and you'll see many condos for rent on the beach. CHA-AM is a nice community. Good luck.

from my iPad in Cha-Am

• 2 weeks later...