Visa Run Penang

Yes they issue any type. When I went down by minibus I got out in front of this small money exchange place run by these super efficient Indian guys. Handed over passport and fee, everthing completed within 48 hours. I just enjoyed myself in Little India and such like until the visa was ready. Legal and professional. Here we go, I have the card.... N.J.Thai Visa/Money Changer, talk to Muhammed, Chulia Street, Penang 10200

On what basis? If you are married to a Thai you need copy of marriage certificate and her ID card and first application may only be one entry from recent reports - currently KL seems more willing to provide for first time applicants. Do not believe there has been any problem for those making second or later application at Penang.

On what basis? If you are married to a Thai you need copy of marriage certificate and her ID card and first application may only be one entry from recent reports - currently KL seems more willing to provide for first time applicants. Do not believe there has been any problem for those making second or later application at Penang.

Thanks for the response Leonai & Lopburi 3 and I am pleased to report all is well and I have my visa. I decided to try for a retirement visa at Suan Phlu and thanks to two very helpful lady officers I was granted a 12 month retirement visa and 12 months multi entry visa, so I can leave and re-enter the country without an hassle. One condition is each time when returning I have to report to Suan Phlu to have my passport stamped.

Congratulations but are you sure you got the correct information? There is no requirement for any stamps from Suan Phlu on a retirement extension of stay until the next year. Did you pay 1,900 baht for the extension of stay and then pay 3,800 baht for what is called a multi re-entry permit (stamp in passport)? If so you only have to report your address after being in Thailand 90 days. That can be done in person or by mail or you can have someone else do for you. If you leave before 90 days no report is due until 90 days after you return.