One Way Ticket Help!

i have bought a one way ticket to thailand and i have a 60 day tourist visa. will i be able to fly there with out buying a return ticket???. and if not what is the best thing i can do?

You have a visa no problem. :o

im from usa...so even if i have the visa would there be any problms that i need to know about that can might happen

i have bought a one way ticket to thailand and i have a 60 day tourist visa. will i be able to fly there with out buying a return ticket???. and if not what is the best thing i can do?
Your question has two aspects:

1. What will happen when you check in at your airport of departure?

2. What will happen when you present your passport to the immigration official at your airport of arrival?

To both questions, Britmaveric’s answer is valid: “you have a visa, no problem”

At check-in, the following information will probably be flashed on the computer screen:

Visa not required for a touristic stay:

- of a max. 30 days, if passport is valid 30 days or more;

or

- if passport is valid less than 30 days, up to the expiry

date of passport:

provided holding confirmed return/onward ticket.

Source: http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

In other words:

No visa = return ticket required

Visa (any type of visa) = no return ticket required

Regarding the second aspect, in the nine months I have been reading this forum I have seen no report about Thai immigration asking to see a return ticket from a holder of a tourist visa.

---------------

Maestro

Your question has two aspects:

1. What will happen when you check in at your airport of departure?

2. What will happen when you present your passport to the immigration official at your airport of arrival?

To both questions, Britmaveric’s answer is valid: “you have a visa, no problem”

At check-in, the following information will probably be flashed on the computer screen:

Visa not required for a touristic stay:

- of a max. 30 days, if passport is valid 30 days or more;

or

- if passport is valid less than 30 days, up to the expiry

date of passport:

provided holding confirmed return/onward ticket.

Source: http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

In other words:

No visa = return ticket required

Visa (any type of visa) = no return ticket required

Regarding the second aspect, in the nine months I have been reading this forum I have seen no report about Thai immigration asking to see a return ticket from a holder of a tourist visa.

---------------

Maestro

wow thats kick ass info. wow thanks alot. i think thats the perfect answer, im speachless. thank you for all your help. :o

Simple then confirm with the airline you are flying with.... :o

so all i need to do is call who im flying with and make shure that its ok to fly with the visa i have?

had a similar problem with a one-way ticket to los with singapore airlines , solution suggested , buy a one-way ticket los to a neighbouring country ie. kuala lumpur and then cancel that when you get to los and get a refund , but make sure that the ticket is fully refundable , not a lcc..

I came to LOS with a one-way ticket.

Immigration will not ask anything, but the airline will. The airline bringing you into Thailand is responsible for your departure. If you have a tourist visum, it basically means that you are going to stay for a period of 30 or 60 days, and then you will leave Thailand. If you don't, the airline can be held responsible.

A friend of mine had problems checking in with a 3-months O-visum and a 6-month ticket. After signing documents that she was well aware of these dates and that she wouldn't held the airline responsible in any way, she coulf finally get on the plane.

Check-in employees asked for a return ticket when I checked in. Showing a B-visum multiple entry made all problems disappear.

But on a tourist visum..... do check this with your airline first. Better safe than sorry.

Very few airlines are going to stop your travel as you have the visa allowing you entry and do not believe they would be responsible if you were turned away (as with the 30 day entry without visa). But if you obtained your visa without a ticket out you did not comply with Ministry regulations which for a tourist visa read:

Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full)

Airlines have become very suspicious of one way tickets since 9/11 so there is indeed closer checking by many airlines. So the best advise is to check with the airline and arrive early enough to plead your case or buy a refundable ticket if they change there minds.

As bucket shop round trip tickets are usually close or often as cheap as one-way tickets not sure buying one way is really a good idea.

For those with non immigrant type visa there is no onward ticket requirement so the person that got stopped for that was very unlucky. Airlines are a law unto themselves at times.

I came to Thailand from London last week on a one way ticket with no Visa. Malasian Airways said I needed a return ticket at the check in desk but I produced a forwarding ticket to Malaysia next month then that was fine.

So if you did have any problems at the airport you can quickly buy a forwarding ticket over the internet from a place like www.airasia.com