Gunfire attack at protest leader’s home in Ratchaburi

webfact

Gunfire attack at protest leader’s home in Ratchaburi

1-27-2014-11-35-02-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The home of an anti-government leader attached to the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) in Ratchaburi was attacked by gunmen causing damage to property but no injury.

The protest leader Yuthapol Pathomsathit disclosed this morning that the front steel gate of his shophouse “Paisarl Hardware” was riddled with more than 10 bullet holes in the attack which happened at about 2.45 a.m. today.

He said the bullets also struck and damaged lanterns and decoration glasses inside the house.

He said he was sleeping inside the shop-house when he heard sounds which he first through was firecrackers in front of the house.

He came out to find that it was gunfire and his house was attacked.

Neighbours told him that before the gunfire, a sedan came in front of his house and then gunshots were heard, and the car sped off.

He believed the gun attack was politically motivated after he joined the PDRC protesters to encircle Ratchaburi town hall and other local government offices, and also is a leader protesting a floodway project on the Mae Klong river.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gunfire-attack-protest-leaders-home-ratchaburi/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-27

• Like 1

According to many this shooting and the disappearing of the "underwear-supporter" will be part of the big plot by Suthep to topple the shinas.

It's remarkable the farang followers of the shina side of the conflict approve with it all. Jews, gypsies, gays, disabled, protesters... Collateral damage perhaps?

Edited by EricBerg
  • Like 1

whistling.gif The increasing anger and frustration and therefore resorting to a violent has little to do with being Thai ..... or any other nationality for that matter.

It is a human behavioral reaction based on an instinctive animal response to continued frustration.

Human beings only have a façade or veneer of "rationality" covering their instinctive animal behavior.

It's therefore normal for them to react with increasing anger and a violent response to any stressful situation that doesn't seem to have an obvious solution ..... and the longer that stressful situation continues, the more angry and irrational their responses become.

Now, into the 2nd or 3rd week on the political stalemate, that instinctive animal response to frustration to a stressful situation is starting to show.

"Elections" won't solve the stressful problem, so elections won't provide any solution.

The two sides are to divided and committed to their own partisan solution.

It will only get worse.

The comments being posted by "farangs" on this topic show clearly what I an saying.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 2

Ratchaburi PCAD Leader's Residence Attacked

By Khaosod English

13908277561390827812l.jpg

An anti-government protest leader in Ratchaburi province claimed that his political view has led to a shooting on his house earlier today.

Mr. Yutthaphon Pathomsatit, 50, a local core leader of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King as Head of State (PCAD), reported to the police that his house came under gunfire attack at approximately 02.45 am on Monday.

He told the police that he heard a sound similar to giant firecrackers in the middle of the night, before he noticed that his metal fence and mirror glazed window had been damaged by gunshots.

Police officers led by Pol.Lt. Sukri Praduka, from Mueang Ratchaburi Police, later investigated the residence, which is also operated as a hardware store, and found two cartridges of 9mm handgun.

Witnesses said they had seen a car parked in front of the residence before a number of of gunshots were fired. The car then sped away from the scene.

Mr. Yutthapon said he believes that he was targeted because of his political activities. He has previously led anti-government protesters to close down several several government institutions, and actively protested against the government’s plan to use Mae Klong River as a floodway.

The PCAD activist insisted that he had never engaged in any dispute with anyone, as he believes it could damage his business. However, he believes that some local residents might disagree with his political perspectives.

“As we are all Thai people. We should debate about the views," Mr. Yutthapon said, "If we disagree, we should both carry on living our lives separately and should not turn violent against each other”.

He added, “The incident did not scare me or my family, as we have come beyond that fear. I am determined to move on as a leader and call for a reform before the election takes place".

The incident is the latest act of violence committed by unidentified assailants on anti-government figures. In recent weeks, PCAD supporters and leaders have been targeted by grenade attacks, shootings, and other forms of intimidation.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1EZ3lOemMxTmc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-27

whistling.gif The increasing anger and frustration and therefore resorting to a violent has little to do with being Thai ..... or any other nationality for that matter.

It is a human behavioral reaction based on an instinctive animal response to continued frustration.

Human beings only have a façade or veneer of "rationality" covering their instinctive animal behavior.

It's therefore normal for them to react with increasing anger and a violent response to any stressful situation that doesn't seem to have an obvious solution ..... and the longer that stressful situation continues, the more angry and irrational their responses become.

Now, into the 2nd or 3rd week on the political stalemate, that instinctive animal response to frustration to a stressful situation is starting to show.

"Elections" won't solve the stressful problem, so elections won't provide any solution.

It will only get worse.

The comments being posted by "farangs" on this topic show clearly what I an saying.

That's odd... I clearly recall being quite frustrated with any number of things in my life, both here in Thailand and before.

But I can't ever recall feeling that I needed to address my frustration by spraying bullets at those perceived responsible for it. Nor has anyone I've ever known in my life, or probably anyone most people have known in their lives, taken such action in response to their frustrations.

Perhaps it takes belonging to a "special" group here in order to have that (gunfire) as one's instinctive (or ordered) response.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

where is the difference between red or yellow democracy???? It's THAI understanding of democracy!

Well, with red democracy, everyone gets to vote. With yellow democracy, no one gets to vote. Big difference.

Well, with red democracy, everyone gets to vote...........those still alive, anyway.

Full human rights will be restored when the reds finish killing those that don't deserve them.

It will only get worse.

That's odd... I clearly recall being quite frustrated with any number of things in my life, both here in Thailand and before.

But I can't ever recall feeling that I needed to address my frustration by spraying bullets at those perceived responsible for it. Nor has anyone I've ever known in my life, or probably anyone most people have known in their lives, taken such action in response to their frustrations.

Perhaps it takes belonging to a "special" group here in order to have that (gunfire) as one's instinctive (or ordered) response.

Spend long enough around the Thais and youll realise theres a slow or short fuse often leading to a big explosion once it gets there. Pay attn to normal news and youll get the picture how ott people go here all the time when they get angry. Dosnt matter what colour or where they come from thats just a fallacy and wishful thinking.

ima farang is spot on, the longer it goes on the less well people here are going to handle it. Suthep & co probably know this and so do the shins and the army.

Welcome to the wild east circus show.

Edited by englishoak

This all has a certain smell about it, wafting across from the desert.

Don't know for the life is me how that smell doesn't get diluted passing through India, would you like some garam masala with that! Lol

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This all has a certain smell about it, wafting across from the desert.

Don't know for the life is me how that smell doesn't get diluted passing through India, would you like some garam masala with that! Lol

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps the smell wafts via Cambodia, and thus acquires an authentic 'local' aroma, served with Cambodian 'Thai' fragrant-rice ? rolleyes.gif

Going back to the OP, has the caretaker-PM (or any senior politician) yet condemned these frequent violent-attacks, on their political-opponents ?

Or is it better, just to pretend, not to have noticed them ? whistling.gif

• Like 1