Kuala Lumpur tourist visa headache

So after I spent whole morning waiting in line (it was basically full room and full outside, got there at 9:45) they rejected me and asked for more docs.

They were doing this to most of Falangs there from what I've seen.

post-191199-13908024301439_thumb.jpg

Few questions:

My bank account although pretty large is in my country's currency (Romanian). Should I just give the statement like that and hope they get the picture?

I can get the letter from the company I work for but what is form 49?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Nope. My first visa was from my home country.

Heard last week of this thing happening and I'm happy I haven't booked a flight back to Thai yet.

Saw this happening to a bunch of backpackers today and also to some other random Falangs.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by cordaci

Is this for a tourist visa or for a business visa? I use KL all the time as I have friends there and it gives me the chance to catch up with them as well. I have never been asked for this information and have never had a problem. Tourist visa previously - drop passport, 2 photos and 1 page form to them in the morning, pick it up the next day. Business visa - same as above plus copy of company details etc. The only thing I can think of is they require more from you due to the country you come from. There is a list on the wall of those countries that require more documents. I have seen this happen to a few people from the Middle Eastern and Eastern European countries when I was in there last. But those from Australia, America, Britain, France etc that I saw had no problems at all.

Edited by Phuketboy

Is this for a tourist visa or for a business visa? I use KL all the time as I have friends there and it gives me the chance to catch up with them as well. I have never been asked for this information and have never had a problem. Tourist visa previously - drop passport, 2 photos and 1 page form to them in the morning, pick it up the next day. Business visa - same as above plus copy of company details etc. The only thing I can think of is they require more from you due to the country you come from. There is a list on the wall of those countries that require more documents. I have seen this happen to a few people from the middle eastern countries when I was in there last. But those from Australia, America, Britain, France etc that I saw had no problems at all.

It's for a tourist visa. It appears nationality does not matter.

If you have been getting multiple entry B visa there you will not get one in KL anymore. They stopped doing them almost a year ago.

Is this for a tourist visa or for a business visa? I use KL all the time as I have friends there and it gives me the chance to catch up with them as well. I have never been asked for this information and have never had a problem. Tourist visa previously - drop passport, 2 photos and 1 page form to them in the morning, pick it up the next day. Business visa - same as above plus copy of company details etc. The only thing I can think of is they require more from you due to the country you come from. There is a list on the wall of those countries that require more documents. I have seen this happen to a few people from the middle eastern countries when I was in there last. But those from Australia, America, Britain, France etc that I saw had no problems at all.

It's for a tourist visa. It appears nationality does not matter.

If you have been getting multiple entry B visa there you will not get one in KL anymore. They stopped doing them almost a year ago.

At the end of this month I have to apply for a non B visa, this time under a new company umbrella, is this going to be a problem? I still have the same businesses, but it's now under a new company/name change. Therefore, I can't show tax documents as the new company has taken over and Tax hasn't been done yet. According the Embassy website in Singapore they still offer multiple entry b visas. Is this the case? As mentioned I normally go to KL but this time it may be different. Can I still get a multiple entry non B anywhere or does it now have to be the single entry and then apply for extension in 3 mths? Any help please.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone...I too feel your pain, and I'm grateful that you've all posted here to save me a wasted trip to Ampang Rd.

That said, I am already committed to going to KL anyway as I booked my flight two months ago. :(

Out of curiosity...does anyone have any info on whether it's still easy to do it in Penang? I'm thinking if this is just a reflex reaction to the pilfered stamps situation, then maybe it's isolated just to the KL office.

Your thoughts?

Just came from penang with a visa run company, one of the well known ones, it was very very easy, got the single entry but didnt set foot into consulate, they took care of everything.

I think you can get the same services by flying and then checking in at banana hotel in georgetown. Basically hotel manager or somthing like that took care of everything visa related.