Chalerm tells protesters to leave govt offices in 72 hours or face arrests

Lite Beer

Chalerm tells protesters to leave govt offices in 72 hours or face arrests

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, the director of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order, on Monday issued an ultimatum to protesters to halt their siege of government offices within 72 hours.

Chalerm said the protesters would be arrested if they refused to stop blocking government offices.

"I'll deploy assault units, which will be set up today, to arrest all of them for violating the emergency decree and for illegal intrusion into government offices," Chalerm said.

He said the CMPO would not yet seek help from the armed forces to launch the crackdowns.

He said people who were besieging government offices should leave and return to the rally sites.

"Action will be taken against only those who are blocking the work of government officials, not against other demonstrators," Chalerm said.

He said the actions would be taken by the CMPO and would have nothing to do with the prime minister," adding "I'll take responsibility myself".

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-27

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Assault units? So he does want violence. Can't wait till he gets his cold plate of karma served up to him. What a sick, drunken parasite.

What do to think would happen if a group of thugs occupied the White House or the Elysee Palace?

Do you think other countries would send clowns to join the party and provide entertainment?

Nope. Assault teams. And much sooner. They wouldn't wait 3 months.

I can't recall that Obama handed out 10 USD cash in the slums for a vote. As well he didn't tried to make some amnesty law for his brother.

• Like 1

Assault units? So he does want violence. Can't wait till he gets his cold plate of karma served up to him. What a sick, drunken parasite.

What do to think would happen if a group of thugs occupied the White House or the Elysee Palace?

Do you think other countries would send clowns to join the party and provide entertainment?

Nope. Assault teams. And much sooner. They wouldn't wait 3 months.

You cant compare thailand to other countries in this matter.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Chalerm is usually good for "action will be taken and problem solved in 90 days" Then eff all happens. Something must be annoying him

He's worried that supply chains of ear medicine may be cut. That's enough for him to get upset.

• Like 2

Assault units... Think the guy has watched too many SWAT movies. Isn't the riot control force a better option? Numbnut

Everyone has their version of thugs. Chalerms happens to be called assault units. For sure blood will be spilled if they use assault units which is why he is already trying to take the blame off of YL

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If the police move in and Chalerm gets his wish to have protestors killed then it's likely there'll be a coup. The military already said they won't stand by if people are killed by the police.

Well that has been Suthep's intention from Day1. To goad te police into violence against the demonstrators. One thing you can be certain of os that when the batons and bullets start tto fly, suthep will nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1