30 private firms blacklisted by CMPO for supporting protesters

webfact

Does anyone have a list of Shinawatra businesses that i can boycott?

I don't know if they're Shinawatra businesses or not, but around where I live, people have begun boycotting the following:

• AIS
  • PTP
  • 7/11
  • CP

CP has their fingers in a lot of different pies, so a little research should show they run quite a few different companies.

AIS?? What a surprise!!

CP and 7/11 is the same company. 7/11 owned by CP ALL

PTP is a political party.

So maybe you need to do a little research yourself??coffee1.gif

Your not quite right about CP..

CP All is just the company that runs 7/11 it's SO much bigger than that.

see: http://www.cpthailand.com/default.aspx?tabid=39

They also have a BIG presence in China.. Being effectively Chinese owned as they are. Dhanin Chearavanont is 58th richest man with 14.3 billion dollars personal wealth.. so a good work ethic and the right contacts goes a long way.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This must be problematic legally because nothing ever happened to the financiers and suppliers of the red shirt rioters in 2010. There was a lot of noise made by Tarit and others at the time about a huge overseas remittance allegedly sent to Thaksin's wife and allegations that CPALL (7-11) was supplying water and unhealthy salty and sugary snacks but nothing ever came of any it. They didn't even need to be put on the Amnesty Bill.

They aren't being punished for supporting the protesters, they're being punished for money laundering. Most businesses/individuals in Thailand launder money one way or another so it makes for an effective means of punishing supporters.

I don't know if they're Shinawatra businesses or not, but around where I live, people have begun boycotting the following:

• AIS
  • PTP
  • 7/11
  • CP

CP has their fingers in a lot of different pies, so a little research should show they run quite a few different companies.

AIS?? What a surprise!!

7-11 Japanese, with a large distribution and headquarters in USA-

CP Abhisit family I believe

Shin shares in Air Asia ??

the best way is not to eat Thai rice---thattle do em.cheesy.gif

• AIS
  • PTP
  • 7/11
  • CP

AIS?? What a surprise!!

Typo: I meant PTT. I'll change my post if I can.

CP as in CP Fresh.

• AIS
  • PTP
  • 7/11
  • CP

AIS?? What a surprise!!

Hard for Thais to not eat rice. But many around here passed on the free rice that the poo yai tried to hand out.

I believe the head cheese of CP is one of Thaksin's friend. Locals say that Yingluck had some connection with 7/11 in the past, but I haven't been able to find it.

Just noticed that CP Worldwide is also connected to True. Interesting...

I don't know about boycotting companies - that would be akin to cutting off my nose to spite my face. What I do know is that i won't live in a country where I don't agree with the govt that runs that country - which is why I don't live in my own country.

If I don't agree with this country"s govt, I would vote with my feet.........

• Like 1

• AIS
  • PTP
  • 7/11
  • CP

AIS?? What a surprise!!

1st: Thai 7/11 is CP. CP ALL Public Company Limited is the flagship company of the Charoen Pokphand Group’s marketing and distribution business. It is the Thai licensee of 7-Eleven since 1989 and operates 6,479 convenience stores under that trademark in Thailand. This is the third largest number of stores after the United States and Japan.[12]

2nd: Are you for real? Charoen Pokphand traces its beginnings back to 1921, when the Chinese immigrant brothers Chia Ek Chor (谢易初) and Chia Siew Whooy (谢少飞) sEk Chor’s two elder sons, Jaran Chiaravanont and Montri Jiaravanont. The company further integrated its business to include livestock farming, marketing and distribution, under Dhanin Chearavanont. By the 1970s, the company had a virtual monopoly on the supply of chicken and eggs in Thailand.[4]

Abhisits family came via Vietnam

3rd: dunno

4th.. try not eat to much rice.. the carbs make me fat....ter.

• Like 1

This must be problematic legally because nothing ever happened to the financiers and suppliers of the red shirt rioters in 2010. There was a lot of noise made by Tarit and others at the time about a huge overseas remittance allegedly sent to Thaksin's wife and allegations that CPALL (7-11) was supplying water and unhealthy salty and sugary snacks but nothing ever came of any it. They didn't even need to be put on the Amnesty Bill.

Suspected red shirt backers in 2010 had were on a similar blacklist - though it was made public - and their funds were frozen.

The 83 individuals and businesses suspected of acting as the "financial pipeline" for the red shirts have been divided into three groups according to their alleged degree of involvement in the anti-government movement, the head of the Department of Special Investigation said yesterday.
These were a "white group" - those who could provide clear explanations about their financial transactions; a "black group" who were directly involved with the movement's terrorist acts; and a "grey group" - who had made suspicious moves but were in a uncertain position as investigators could not find proof against them, DSI director-general Tharit Pengdit said.

He said the DSI would file charges of terrorism against people in the black group and expand inquiries into financial activities of those in the "grey group".

However, the DSI would still not suggest any individual be removed from the blacklist of people and businesses banned from making financial transactions. Further investigation and comparative analysis was required in regard to their financial information and tax payment, Tharit said.

The government's Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation imposed the ban on individuals and businesses suspected of providing financial support to the red shirts during their recent political unrest. The turmoil ended with 90 people killed and about 1,900 injured and led to riots and arson attacks on about three dozen buildings in Bangkok and other provinces.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/07/08/national/Blacklisted-individuals-split-into-groups-based-on-30133315.html

If there was no further action taken, it's because they couldn't find clear enough evidence, not through lack of will.

Since when is it agaist the law to support a cause you believe in??

I guess I know the answer myself! Since the day, the Shins came into power!!bah.gif

Democracy a la Thaksin and Mugabe!!

When it is a criminal activity.

For example, there are many people who support Hizbollah and Al-Qaeda by contributing money, or even volunteering. In their eyes they are legitimate organizations. In the eyes of others, they are terrorist/criminal groups.

If groups are supporting the PDRC contrary to political fund raising rules, then yes the contributors are subject to sanction. Similar rules apply in other countries in respect to fundraising efforts. Would you condemn Australia, Germany, Sweden as well?

Good luck with that Tarit. The more you abuse your power, the more people will give support to these peaceful protestors who only ask for reform in order to clean up this corrupt country.

An by the way, why is Tarit not interested in investigating the rice scheme that has made THB 680,000,000,000 go up in smoke (rice) and still no money for the poor farmers?

SIMPLE this is thailand! silly boy

• AIS
  • PTP
  • 7/11
  • CP

This is better than the red shirts who boycotted Singha because of Chitpas and her mother whilst not being aware that the family patriach is more of a red and Boon Rawd hasn't given a single satang to the anti-govt group. AIS - why would Temasek be funding the red shirts? That doesn't make much sense. They also own a stake in Thai Air Asia I think, so that's where that comes from but still don't see what they have to do with the govt. Symbolic boycott?

CP - well, despite his public statements Dhanin supposedly hates Thaksin. He's tried to stay neutral in public but CP are allegedly one of the major funders of the anti-govt group (tho they've also funded TRT etc in the past, for pragmatic reasons I guess). But PTT is the funniest because how the hell do you boycott them? Are they riding around on bicycles and cooking over wood fires? Just the gas station? Because all petrol comes from them. And they sell gas to EGAT.

Still, if they did somehow manage a complete boycott, it'd be a small step to saving the planet. Maybe Suthep is doing some good after all.

1st: Thai 7/11 is CP. CP ALL Public Company Limited is the flagship company of the Charoen Pokphand Group’s marketing and distribution business. It is the Thai licensee of 7-Eleven since 1989 and operates 6,479 convenience stores under that trademark in Thailand. This is the third largest number of stores after the United States and Japan.[12]

2nd: Are you for real? Charoen Pokphand traces its beginnings back to 1921, when the Chinese immigrant brothers Chia Ek Chor (谢易初) and Chia Siew Whooy (谢少飞) sEk Chor’s two elder sons, Jaran Chiaravanont and Montri Jiaravanont. The company further integrated its business to include livestock farming, marketing and distribution, under Dhanin Chearavanont. By the 1970s, the company had a virtual monopoly on the supply of chicken and eggs in Thailand.[4]

Abhisit's father was on the board of True - that's where that comes from.

• Like 1

I'm not keen on this...bit McCarthyist for my taste

Like the IRS targeting the tea party supporters in USA

No because it didn't. Investigations showed that the IRS "targeted" both liberal and conservative tax exempt applications since it was responsible for examining whether applicants met the legal requirements to qualify. But the tea party did work within the democratic system to win congressional seats and used acceptable super pacs to funnel campaign funds to tea party candidates. No insurrection. No closing down polling places, no occupation of federal facilities. No threats of kidnapping. Absolutely no connection with what the Suthep protestors are doing in Thailand.

Thanks to everyone that responded. I am serious about a boycott, not that my business, or lack of it would make much difference. I know they have a silk shop in Chiang Mai, no point in my boycott there, i've never been in it. I just thought if there was a store or service station that i presently use, i would change. I spend a fair amount at PTT, Makro and BigC every month but i hate to support someone i abhor.

• Like 1

Here are some suggestions for companies and products that anti-govt supporters could boycott:

1502522_705071022859572_724378943_n.jpg

I think this was originally from 2010 but it's started to circulate again recently. Shouldn't be difficult to boycott these products - if you're not already...

Edited by Emptyset
  • Like 2

Independent Director and Member of Audit Committee

Here are some suggestions for companies and products that anti-govt supporters could boycott:

I think this was originally from 2010 but it's started to circulate again recently. Shouldn't be difficult to boycott these products - if you're not already...

Nestle? What does Thaksin have to do with Nestle? Did they receive 500 Baht? whistling.gif

Nestle? What does Thaksin have to do with Nestle? Did they receive 500 Baht? whistling.gif

Probably nothing. But let's face it. Nescafe tastes like <deleted> anyway .. much better to have a Moccona trio instead..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Independent Director and Member of Audit Committee

Ah, right. Thanks had misremembered that. Associated him w/True because CP owns True and people made a big deal over AV's father being on the CP board when the 3G network deal was done under the AV govt.

the power to personally deem what is acceptable or not acceptable in a free society ?

Yeah, like you I think Suthep's campaign to remove the rights of Thai voters is morally abhorrent.

he wasn't taking about Suthep , it was a fair point he made , leave it at that.

The CMPO has blacklisted 30 companies? Since when does an emergency decree entity have the authority to blacklist companies, or individuals? And what, exactly, is it intended to stop them from doing? Bidding for contracts? Having government employees/officials as clients? Is the next step to threaten companies/individuals with which they deal?

I wonder if the following are included: stage equipment suppliers, loudspeakers and amplifier equipment renters, renters of tents, sand and sandbag suppliers, tractor equipment renter for lifting concrete barriers, renters of lorries equipped with loudspeakers....?

Only if it was all supplied free of charge. Renting equipment to the protesters or selling it to them is not likely to be termed support in the sense CMPO means.