6 nations on Truevisions, maybe a new channel "Bein TV"

Setanta has the broadcasting rights for half of Asia (not including Thailand) to show the Rugby 6 nations.

An American group called BeIn TV has purchased the rights here. ...

on True today I saw a scrolling message on the screen including BeinTV ch163. (there is currently no channel 163)

I assume that is a new channel starting soon, just unsure when that will be as I never saw the scrolling message again.

Does anyone have more info on that? Cheers.

Just notice the Wales V Italy game is on 116 tonight. But for some reason not the France V England

totster smile.png

Try 115 at midnight tonight - there's a Six Nations match on, don't know which one, but likely to be France vs England.

Similarly, 115 at 22:00 tomorrow (Sun) - possibly IRE vs SCO

I don't like True showing the rugby on multiple channels - but at least they do carry rugby (incl the Sevens), so I'm happy

at the risk of being booted off this forum I can offer one of my services or provide info on a sports specialst based in Taiwan who can provide almost everything over the net.

We provide UK Sky TV in HD to expats around the world but it's not a cheap solution. If you are interested please PM me.

Why watch TV when you can go streaming on your computer?! Try lemonTV. That is frombar dot com, select "other" tab and tada! here is your match (all of them) with multi choice streaming... Of course a large monitor is better than a tablet, but still why pay for a cable TV when there is so much online for free!

• Like 1

Why watch TV when you can go streaming on your computer?! Try lemonTV. That is frombar dot com, select "other" tab and tada! here is your match (all of them) with multi choice streaming... Of course a large monitor is better than a tablet, but still why pay for a cable TV when there is so much online for free!

I can get all sports streaming through the Ace media player, from wiziwig site, but the buffering issues about 6pm onwards really cramp things in the evening.

I can get all sports streaming through the Ace media player, from wiziwig site, but the buffering issues about 6pm onwards really cramp things in the evening.

It's true that sometime, the stream stops for a few second (or more) or is "pixeled", but there are many choices, specially when it's an important match and I always watch what I want to watch, either with lemontv or wiziwig or lshunter...

Streaming speeds and constant buffering are the big issues here in Ubon if you want Internet TV. They advertise / make you pay for 10mb/s, BUT, if your lucky, and on very rare occasions you can get a quarter of that. If there was ever an Advertising Regulator set up in Thailand, I think all the telecom and media firms would be out of business in a week

great info man, thanks a lot!

I've given up with True Visions for the 6 Nations. Don't see why I should pay extra just to get the channels they're screening it on for a few weeks. Downloading instead and will watch full BBC matches. Not live, but at least it will be better quality and I can pause it or re-play if it gets really exciting and I need another beer...

Setanta is channel 118,TS HD4 is on channel 115 and showed the games over election weekend.

Bein sports who hold the Thai rights is starting in 2 days something like channel 159.

Someone also tells me WETV is showing 2 vietnamese channels with live premier league. That should start a bunfight with CTH.

Solution to get BeIn TV

Call truevisions 027252525, they will only activate the new HD channels for those that call.

They say mine will be done in 3 hours. Stupid but TIT.

Please let us know the channel number when you get it.

163 is now operating but it says Fox Sports

Am confused

Solution to get BeIn TV

Call truevisions 027252525, they will only activate the new HD channels for those that call.

Am confused

Channel 159, it works fine now... Why do we have to call first???

Solution to get BeIn TV

Am confused

Hi piewarmer, Many thanks for your very helpful post. I got my wife to phone as she is the one resistered with Truevision and after the promised 3 hours channel 159 up and running in time to watch the France v Italy game. They informed my wife that beIN is part of another company and require subscriber details before connecting and when you phone you have to give this permission. This is the reason why it is not connected automatically.Very low key information re beIN from true and without the info from piewarmer I would not have this additional free channel. Many thanks again.

• Like 1

Thanks to forums :)

Solution to get BeIn TV

Am confused

Hi piewarmer, Many thanks for your very helpful post. I got my wife to phone as she is the one resistered with Truevision and after the promised 3 hours channel 159 up and running in time to watch the France v Italy game. They informed my wife that beIN is part of another company and require subscriber details before connecting and when you phone you have to give this permission. This is the reason why it is not connected automatically.Very low key information re beIN from true and without the info from piewarmer I would not have this additional free channel. Many thanks again.