Smart tv box

daniel2183

Maybe a different set up, but mine has BBC, ITV, SKy all the rest of the channels for drama, sports, movies and also movies on demand. Last night I watched Wolf of Wall Street and Walter Mitty, after watching Cricket on Sky Sports earlier in the day. It's a good system

Maybe a different set up, but mine has BBC, ITV, SKy all the rest of the channels for drama, sports, movies and also movies on demand. Last night I watched Wolf of Wall Street and Walter Mitty, after watching Cricket on Sky Sports earlier in the day. It's a good system

Did you buy the box off the net ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What specific channels are you looking for. I got one called Big Media, it is excellent. The member cockdown supplies them.

Appears if i am searching right, this member was last on here May 2009.. ??

Do you have a website/contact ? more up to date as we are now in 2014, thanks

Edited by ignis

Not sure I understand your comment "don't want to sign upfor a service". Most set top boxes like Roku or Apple TV enable access to services like Hulu, Netflix, Vudu etc most of which require some kind of service agreement. One point to note, the firmware is different by region and therefore the apps, so for example a US Roku is unable to get the BBC iplayer, and so far as I am aware there is no way round that. Also in general, you cant buy direct from companies like amazon and have it shipped to Thailand, you need to buy through an ebay, or get someone you know buy you one in the region you want and ship it to you.

On the merits of the boxes, I have both Apple TV and Roku, both work great (note you'll also need some Geo masking service)

Not sure I understand your comment "don't want to sign upfor a service". Most set top boxes like Roku or Apple TV enable access to services like Hulu, Netflix, Vudu etc most of which require some kind of service agreement. One point to note, the firmware is different by region and therefore the apps, so for example a US Roku is unable to get the BBC iplayer, and so far as I am aware there is no way round that. Also in general, you cant buy direct from companies like amazon and have it shipped to Thailand, you need to buy through an ebay, or get someone you know buy you one in the region you want and ship it to you.

On the merits of the boxes, I have both Apple TV and Roku, both work great (note you'll also need some Geo masking service)

Sorry I ment I didn't want to sign up to some Thai iptv service like was in the link above .

I'm using uno telly which is really good but always connecting my laptop to my tv to watch netflix or bbc iplayer ect. I might look in to getting a roku box posted from the uk .

Thanks

Sorry I ment I didn't want to sign up to some Thai iptv service like was in the link above .

I'm using uno telly which is really good but always connecting my laptop to my tv to watch netflix or bbc iplayer ect. I might look in to getting a roku box posted from the uk .

Thanks

One last geeky point. On the latest Roku firmware you cant change the DNS address (you still can on the Apple TV), so you will have to enter the UnoTelly DNS address' into your router. That's what I do and it's pretty seamless

It is exactly what you are asking for with no sign up or no monthly fees .. so where did the idea of a sign up come from ..

You buy it and just watch TV .. simple enough..

• Like 1