F1 2014

rixalex

Interesting video...

If he does survive it will be life changing for him and not for the better.

As I recall the cometary, I was listening on the radio as I was on the way to a job, Sutil crashed, even when the the doctors car and safety cars were out the commentators were unaware that Bianchi was involved, I think they were even questioning it as Sutil was seen out of his car standing up, then commentator Jenny Gow says "...just want to bring you an up date, seems the Sutil thing was some thing to do with Bianchi is also involved as well from Marussia, so I think a trip to the Stewards will be awarded to both of em {stutter] for those incidents..." probable the biggest gaff of her carrier.

Recording of the 5Live F1 Broadcast: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04kf9j9 (may be blocked to none UK IP addresses)

Time Line:

2:17:30 "And of goes Adrian Sutil..."

2:19;00 [it must have been about this time that Bianchi went off]

2:20:00 "And the safety car has been deployed..."

2:20:30 "The safety car is out because the medical car is out also..."

2:25:30 Jenny Gow comments...

2:26:20 RED FLAG

If you look in this video, the marshal in the tower is waving double yellows at first when Sutil's car is being recovered, then during the recovery he starts waving green flag, many seconds after the impact by Jules he switches back to yellow and the SC board. Bizzare.

A hell of an impact though.

Edited by LennyW

That video is incredible & shows what force is there

That very heavy tractor looks like it was lifted,spun & even had its right rear wheel punctured or destroyed by

Jules car.

It also drives home the fact that machine had no business being anywhere on track/trackside that a car could have hit it.

Terrible accident! I hate to think if Jules had been 1-2meters left & impacted the tractors side

PS: oilinki I clicked like for the info but of course do not mean I like the accident

Thank you for posting as it explains the damages I have seen before the video

Edited by mania

He must have been going at a fair old speed to lift that tractor off of it's wheels

Also a wedge like effect

I once saw a smaller sports type car fly into the back of a merging SUV

on a public highway

He literally flipped the SUV over by going under the SUV's rear-end

Edited by mania

He must have been going at a fair old speed to lift that tractor off of it's wheels

Also a wedge like effect

I once saw a smaller sports type car fly into the back of a merging SUV

on a public highway

He literally flipped the SUV over by going under the SUV's rear-end

The loader was already lighter than normal on the rear end as it had the weight of Sutil's car hanging off the front of it - but yeah, just like a wedge being driven between two hard objects.

No news so far today?

It is past 4 in the afternoon in Japan...

Maybe a press conference from the FIA in France this morning?

More probable there is no news and they are allowing the family to come to terms with the real facts before making them public, I suspect his injuries to be a lot more severe than Schumacher's.

Clearly any unofficial statement can be so wrong as reported by by the BBC early yesterday who reported he was out of surgery "And breathing unaided" which they later retracted, if he was breathing unaided that would have been a good sign.

Like everybody else I hope he pulls through.

• Like 2

If you look in this video, the marshal in the tower is waving double yellows at first when Sutil's car is being recovered, then during the recovery he starts waving green flag, many seconds after the impact by Jules he switches back to yellow and the SC board. Bizzare.
A hell of an impact though.

Formula One Management are doing their best to remove the video. The green flag means the next section of track is clear, they say.

Very sad to read this tonight

Bianchi injuries confirmed, condition remains critical
"Jules remains in the Intensive Care Unit of the Mie General Medical Center in Yokkaichi. He has suffered a diffuse axonal injury and is in a critical but stable condition.

Looking up his condition I saw this

Diffuse axonal injury

Diffuse axonal injury (DAI) is one of the most common and devastating types of traumatic brain injury, meaning that damage occurs over a more widespread area than in focal brain injury.

DAI, which refers to extensive lesions in white matter tracts, is one of the major causes of unconsciousness and persistent vegetative state after head trauma.It occurs in about half of all cases of severe head trauma.

The outcome is frequently coma, with over 90% of patients with severe DAI never regaining consciousness.Those who do wake up often remain significantly impaired.

• Like 1

Very sad to read this tonight

Bianchi injuries confirmed, condition remains critical
"Jules remains in the Intensive Care Unit of the Mie General Medical Center in Yokkaichi. He has suffered a diffuse axonal injury and is in a critical but stable condition.

Looking up his condition I saw this

Diffuse axonal injury

Diffuse axonal injury (DAI) is one of the most common and devastating types of traumatic brain injury, meaning that damage occurs over a more widespread area than in focal brain injury.

DAI, which refers to extensive lesions in white matter tracts, is one of the major causes of unconsciousness and persistent vegetative state after head trauma.It occurs in about half of all cases of severe head trauma.

The outcome is frequently coma, with over 90% of patients with severe DAI never regaining consciousness.Those who do wake up often remain significantly impaired.

Not looking good is it?

Was it Suzuka where Lauda drove into the pits after a few laps in 1974 saying it was too dangerous to continue? All Hunt had to do was finish 3rd. which he did.

Fuji 76 and as for the removal vehicles they all need to be the same at every circuit and there be a bolt on skirt kit as in concession go-karts that can be transported circuit to circuit.

Edited by kartman

From a Valention Rossi Interview & I have to agree.

I have no problem with the open cockpits,flags,lights,wet race etc.

But just think it was extremely dumb to bring a crane into a run off area during a race

That I think was the main problem with this incident.

“With respect to Bianchi, I’m so sorry, because I met him once at Maddona di Campiglio.

He is a very nice, young guy with great talent and it is a real shame.

He has had very bad luck, because the truck should not have been in the run-off area.

It was probably a mistake, because if a crane is working on a run-off area they should stop the race or at least bring out the safety car.”

• Like 1

Well just looked at my calender and yesterday was not April the first..

I just do not buy it...

Lewis is in a better position at Mercedes, and under contract, I do not think he could pull out of a Mercedes contract unless they were eyeing up Vettle for an all German line up next year, and why would they want Vettle? maybe the Red Bull is not as good as a Mercedes but Vettles team mate has the same car.

maybe they are eyeing up Alonso? well we know that there is no way either of them [Lewis] would agree to be in the same team, would Nico agree to be officially the No 2 driver? no way and Alonso will not go anywhere unless he is the No 1 driver.

Seems a good idea... but... To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.

Needs serious investigation, but down side will drivers be able to get out quickly? maybe they will have to be fitted with explosive bolts. and on an other thought why do not F1 cars have air bags?

And I doubt a fully enclosed cockpit would have save Jules from his honorific brain trauma.

Edited by Basil B

Sochi Autodrom F1 track. The corner after the long straight, before the "wheel" might be a tricky one?

BzkFt0bCYAA_1N-.png

That is an interesting track...a bit odd & we will see if good for racing but different for sure.

Yes all that chatter on Lewis ....I wonder if it is all true? Goes against what he recently said when asked if Alonso was coming to Mercedes...

He said well I'm here & Nico is staying so I do not think so

I see lewis is driving well at Sochi. I'm looking forward to tonights Qualifying. Evidently there is a chance the screens could go blank due to the safety measures put in place for Putins visit. Evidently they are going to block certain wireless frequencies to stop the remote detonation of any bombs and as a lot of mikes and cameras now use wireless they could just stop broadcasting which will be a bummer.

I thought I read somewhere lewis had signed another contract with Mercedes ? He would be stupid to give up the best car on the track unless he knows something the rest of us don't wink.png

Fingers crossed for tonight and tomorrow thumbsup.gif

• Like 2