F1 2014

rixalex

For a self made Billionaire, he has done well out of F1...

Mosley speaks out... more teams on the rocks.

Max Mosley says high costs could see Formula 1 lose more teams

Marussia and Caterham "may not be the last" teams to suffer from the high costs of racing in Formula 1, according to former FIA president Max Mosley.

Marussia were put into administration on Monday, just days afterCaterham met the same fate. Both will miss this weekend's US Grand Prix in Austin.

"It's not a fair competition any more," Mosley told BBC Radio 5 live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29789233
  • Like 1

I start to like the idea of having 3 cars per team and less teams at the same time.

Currently when I watch the F1 races, I don't even know who are driving Caterham, Marussia, Sauber etc cars. They are not going to win races in the near future. Why to participate? If someone would have asked 2 months ago, who were driving for these teams.. I would have not known the answer.

In case, drivers from these teams would be driving 3rd car on a better team.. they might be able to win races and be on the podium. New drivers might also be able to challenge the old champions while driving with almost similar cars.

I start to like the idea of having 3 cars per team and less teams at the same time.

Currently when I watch the F1 races, I don't even know who are driving Caterham, Marussia, Sauber etc cars. They are not going to win races in the near future. Why to participate? If someone would have asked 2 months ago, who were driving for these teams.. I would have not known the answer.

In case, drivers from these teams would be driving 3rd car on a better team.. they might be able to win races and be on the podium. New drivers might also be able to challenge the old champions while driving with almost similar cars.

'while driving with almost similar cars'......

yes but we have had that already, was called A1 Racing, did not last long.

​+ we have all the other Formulas... basically all the same car with Team's own little bits applied and the skill of each driver ...

​There was talk of the top teams doing a break away series not long ago, wonder if that will come back as a cheaper option than sticking with F1 as it is know and the ever higher costs each year.

3 cars per team = much higher costs = more likely more teams will quit, so what is the option then 4 cars per team 6 cars per team ? then will be back to where we are today.. maybe a different points system so everyone will get points so get some share of prize money pot..

​At the end of the day in resent years so say big teams did not make it [bMW, Honda, Toyota] how can a private owned team hope to survive

• Like 1

Smallest grid since 2005

Not a good sign/direction for F1

Yes and then

One wonders if Ferrari F1 will still be in F1 after next year ?

with Fiat Chrysler selling off Ferrari, after 45 years with Fiat, Ferrari going there own way will there be endless money to throw at a Ferrari F1 Team ?

Guess will be if Ferrari can make 2015 a front runner car so get a big share in prize money

Edited by ignis

Forget 3-car teams -- no-one wants to watch a manufacturers procession. Newbie teams should be allowed in with one car, optionally based on an existing teams bare chassis, and a share of the constructors points adjusted accordingly, so that they do have a chance of picking up some prize money.

BE is too entrenched to change now -- the double points scheme will hopefully be scrapped next year and he'll not be allowed to meddle any further. Now's the time for the FIA to get a firm grip of F1 and stop the crazy tech-race which puts the costs into orbit every 5 years or so. God help Hass !!! One hopes BE hasn't duped him with similar promises to what were given to TonyF.... rolleyes.gif

As Per the UK Daily Mail today ... Alonso is joining McLaren ... I haven't seen that quoted on F1Today so I guess everything is still stalemate and they are just making headlines again.

ESPN F1 yesterday said McLaren was the only logical choice.

They talk of reducing costs and green credentials. Well how green is it when they build tracks that are only used for an annual F1 race? The sport needs to get back to it's roots. If you are building tracks, put them in countries that have an interest in cars racing.

As Per the UK Daily Mail today ... Alonso is joining McLaren ... I haven't seen that quoted on F1Today so I guess everything is still stalemate and they are just making headlines again.

ESPN F1 yesterday said McLaren was the only logical choice.

Liked the talk last night of Luca di Montezemolo and Alonso Team, maybe even with Ross Brawn thrown in..

then of course there is Audi rummer ? as they have won all the other formulas, would it make sense? so it could be true

Alonso did not say/give away anything in the interview, but said he will be driving and his fans would be happy.. [cant see them being happy him going back to McLaren]

+ 2 Teams up For Urgent Sale. + there are 2 other Teams with a ? as to if they will make 2015 grid..

Is it still silly season ? guess will have to wait and see

• Like 1

Yep not as young as once was, so will have to watch the replay, even now a day gets harder to work out what time to set the PC to record at.. so is 3 AM ?

In UK the clocks went back last week-end.. shows 20:00 [8PM] GMT time.

The race time is not very convenient for us living on this side of the globe. I managed to watch the qualifications, but it might be impossible to watch the race.

However, a spoiler warning for those who wish to watch the replay later on. There might discussion about the results and the race on this thread, so do not read the thread or the emails from 3am until you have watched the race :)

The race time is not very convenient for us living on this side of the globe. I managed to watch the qualifications, but it might be impossible to watch the race.

However, a spoiler warning for those who wish to watch the replay later on. There might discussion about the results and the race on this thread, so do not read the thread or the emails from 3am until you have watched the race smile.png

If they read that link about Bernie. They will learn who is on pole.

BE finally admits that F1 finances are a non-sense created by himself .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29868355

With a threatened boycott that turned out to be a damp squib leaving Force India with egg on their faces as Sauber and Lotus refuse to put their head above the parapets.

Maybe time for Bernie to realise he can not take it with him and put something back in the sport that made him a multi billionaire.

• Like 1

Missed the race, was listening to it and fell a sleep, goodness knows when the highlights were broadcast but I missed them too, seen a few short highlights and so predictable how Lewis outsmarted Nico.

Still another two races and anything can happen...

Though predictable that Lewis & Nico will be tacking the top two places on the podium, my view is Lewis is the better driver and will win the championship, but Nico is is a brilliant driver too, and should be proud of his achievements this season, his best so far.

I watched the race (well, woke up a bit late, after the safety car situation had ended). Great race, like always in the US. This might be the best circuit of the season.

Lewis might win the title, but I still hope Nico would get it. This is based purely to the drivers personalities. Anyway the title is won or lost at the final, Abu Dhabi GP.

The only way that there will not be lengthy discussion about the double points rule is that Lewis would retire due drivers error at Brazil. Then the two drivers would be within one point for the final GP of the season.

On the News, + the talk at P1 about 30 mins ago

The Marussia F1 Team has folded and its staff made redundant, the team's administrators have confirmed

2 silly season rumours on ESPN F1 yesterday.

1 McLaren demanded Alonso commit to signing before the last race, and Alonso bought Marrusia for 1dollar. Both denied

The Marussia F1 Team has folded and its staff made redundant, the team's administrators have confirmed

2 silly season rumours on ESPN F1 yesterday.

1 McLaren demanded Alonso commit to signing before the last race, and Alonso bought Marrusia for 1dollar. Both denied

Administrators for the Caterham F1 team have turned to crowd-sourcing funds

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/caterham/motorsport/story/182839.html#MBWIfWAd1el0D55A.99

anyone with £10 to 2.35 million £ can help them to be at the last Race

What do you think about Ferrari at the moment?

For years I did not like the Ferrari as the management felt arrogant and somewhat slimy or crooked. This was due Montezemolo's influence.

Currently the new team principal Mattiacci is alone leading the F1-team, which seems to be a good way out of the misery. He feels to be non-BS person and wishes to get things done. He is probably the reason Alonso is outed from the team as he don't seem to enjoy playing the political game the same way Montezemolo enjoyed.

If and when Alonso leaves Ferrari and Vettel comes in, the team will improve even further. Less politics, more co-operation to get things right.

I think Ferrari is in the correct track now. They might not be fighting for the championship titles next year, but definitely will do better compared to this year.

Not good for F1 sad.png

Sad to see them go

Teams are coming and going, thats the nature of F1. It would not be F1 if all the teams who have a big dream would make it.

If Bianchi had not have the accident, would you have been able to name the Marussia drivers? I would not have been able to do that.

I'm more happy to see new Red Bulls coming to the F1. Teams who start from the quite bottom, but have enough stamina to make it all the way to the top. Remember how the Red Bull had lot's of fun executing the plan to get to the top. http://www.gizmag.com/go/4058/

Lotus has been showing similar fun, without their problems with the sponsors and financial sector, they might be able to make it all the way to the top as well.

Marussia, Caterham, Force India and Sauber lack the fun part and will be insignificant for the rest of their existence. Williams have a great past and was dropping down for years. Now then the team is lead by Claire Williams, there seems to be more good vibe in the team, which is likely to follow even better results.

F1, like any other corporation management is not done only with numbers and technical advances. The psychology plays a huge part of the success.

If Bianchi had not have the accident, would you have been able to name the Marussia drivers? I would not have been able to do that.

True that & the only reason I know the names is because I also play in a F1 sim league so we see them all often

But true what you say the lesser teams are always just runners with little true hope