holding 2 works permits at the same time possible?

Hello,

I work in a company and hold a work permit. I am being offered to work in another company, which will issue me with another work permit.

I will work in both companies at the same time.

My questions are:

- Will I be able to hold the 2 permits at the same time?

- How would that work for the visa / length of stay? Would the second work permit be based on my current visa?

Thanks!

Per above, the first employer must aprove of the second employer being added to your WP.

Only if your employers are in two different provinces might you get two different WP's. If in the same province, the second emploer will be added to the WP.

Regarding immirgation nothing would change, except that immmigraiton will wan tto see taxforms for both jobs. If your current job doesn't make you eligable for an extesnsion of stay, the second job (or the combined income) might make you eligable for extensions of stay.

The employers are indeed located in two different provinces. So I should then get letter of approval from the current employer and get another work permit for the new job in the new province, right?

Do I need to notify the immigration when I apply for the new permit? Or only when I'll have to extend the stay?

Thanks again!

In granting the 2nd work permit, the second employer must abide by the same rules as the first? That is,, the stipulated 4-7 thai employees for each foreigner?

Edit to add: Or the 2nd entry in the same WP

Edited by Neurath

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it turns out way too complicated for me to commute in between the 2 provinces. So I’ll only work with the new company.

The lawyer tells me that I'll have to resign from my current job, get to the immigration to cancel my extension of stay and then apply for a 7 days extension of stay. He'll then apply for my work permit.

I have 2 questions:

1) Can I apply for the work permit with the 7 days extension of stay, or would I have to get a new non-immigrant B?

2) Will I need to immediately cancel my current work permit or can this be done later.