why so many Asians and Europeans wear USA flag

newbiecuk

They have both become a fashion symbol, so most people wearing a shirt don't actually know what country the union flag represents. A Korean chap started talking to me in a restaurant, he asked me where I came from, told him same country as his shirt, he thought I was mad - he was right there

Edited by In Search of Space

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have you not noticed the masses of morons of all nationalities wearing the union jack?

It almost all Union Flags in Nakhon Sawan, hardly a star spangled banner to be seen, we had 13 colonies there once so I think they are probably ok but I have always wondered why the fixation with that flag. I put it on a par with Manchester Utd sales gear.

Sorry been a bit of a crappy day so excuse me for saying this, "Instead of starting another earth-moving threads about the US", why don't you just go ask all those wearing the f...ing things and spare us the inevitable USA is great vs USA is <deleted> debate that is so often the norm here. It's bad enough that 3/4's of the world news in the world news section is american (I wonder why - but I digress)....

Rant over, carry on. :)

• Like 1

TV, Movies/Hollywood, pop stars, Pimps, Hommies, Plastic surgery, American Dream, really these people you are seeing are naïve and worship my list.....

Grass is greener far away... in America's the dollar bill is Greener far away not so easy to make when you get there though... whistling.gif

• Like 1

People want to have a piece of USA because:

USA=FREEDOM(according to one of the members)

USA=POWER

USA=COOL

USA=DREEM

USA=UNITY

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Also home of Koolaid!

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yea

a lot of people in the US seem to "Drink the koolaid"

I feel uncomfortable wearing national, regional or religious symbols. I would never put a T-shirt on with a flag on it.

You could also ask the question why so many farang put T-shirts on with "Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya" or " No money, no honey".

Do you actually dare to walk in the public in your home country with such a T-shirt?

Edited by kriswillems

TV, Movies/Hollywood, pop stars, Pimps, Hommies, Plastic surgery, American Dream, really these people you are seeing are naïve and worship my list.....

Grass is greener far away... in America's the dollar bill is Greener far away not so easy to make when you get there though... whistling.gif

Not sure what you mean, where I'm from the streets are paved with gold; right within view of the Big Rock Candy Mountain.

People want to have a piece of USA because:

USA=FREEDOM(according to one of the members)

USA=POWER

USA=COOL

USA=DREEM

USA=UNITY

Also home of Koolaid!

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yea

a lot of people in the US seem to "Drink the koolaid"

I love Thailand and Thailand is my home, but dang how can I say no to the USA.

OP. Because they have been brainwashed into believing the good ol US of A represents the freedom of the world. Wrong on so many levels least of all failed American foreign policy which by 2050 many free thinkers believe and predict will be assigned to one of the greatest mistakes of humanity. Thank goodness I am on the Chinese side of the globe.

'I think you're (and your free thinkers) thoroughly mistaken old chap'

PS: Thank goodness you're on the Chinese side...

Edited by rijb

and here the template:

320px-British-Red-Ensign-1707.svg.png

Not sure what the Red Ensign has to do with it. Are you in the Merchant Navy?

OK, a 101 history run through for those who don't know.

In 1707 the Red Duster was used by the Navy and generally by British people overseas. When independence from Britain was declared, people defaced this flag by sticking white stripes across the red and hence the prototype of the US flag was made.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

OP. Because they have been brainwashed into believing the good ol US of A represents the freedom of the world. Wrong on so many levels least of all failed American foreign policy which by 2050 many free thinkers believe and predict will be assigned to one of the greatest mistakes of humanity. Thank goodness I am on the Chinese side of the globe.

Nicely done. But no denying your appalling record of foreign policy overseas since you joined the Second World War in mainland Europe AFTER the war was already won. And that reflects every conflict that you guys have either started, promoted, hidden from or ultimately failed in, globally. You are a laughing stock of the rest of the world that does not buy into your very special brand of democracy. IMHO, no offence meant, I am sure you are not responsible directly.

Nicely done. But no denying your appalling record of foreign policy overseas since you joined the Second World War in mainland Europe AFTER the war was already won. And that reflects every conflict that you guys have either started, promoted, hidden from or ultimately failed in, globally. You are a laughing stock of the rest of the world that does not buy into your very special brand of democracy. IMHO, no offence meant, I am sure you are not responsible directly.

Rubbish, laugh.png , the war was won laugh.png , If it wasn't for the USA I wouldn't be here now, ask my English dad................gawd.........coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Sorry been a bit of a crappy day so excuse me for saying this, "Instead of starting another earth-moving threads about the US", why don't you just go ask all those wearing the f...ing things and spare us the inevitable USA is great vs USA is <deleted> debate that is so often the norm here. It's bad enough that 3/4's of the world news in the world news section is american (I wonder why - but I digress)....

Rant over, carry on. :)

Although to make this Thai related we could discuss the similarity between the nationalist tendencies in both the US and Thailand and there are some very profound similarities eg large portions of the US population fly the US flag outside their houses and so do Thai's,

large numbers of the US population proclaim the US is the greatest nation on earth, and large number of the thai population proclaim the same

Food for thought

I'm pretty sure N. Korea proclaims the same. Chew on that.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After the war was won:lol:

Laughing stock that wants to be just like the US and btw, right or wrong, your little country will do just what the US says so I think you should start at home there bud....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rubbish, laugh.png , the war was won laugh.png , If it wasn't for the USA I wouldn't be here now, ask my English dad................gawd.........coffee1.gif

I don't need to ask anyone. Read up on your military history, then come back and spa..... But you won't come back. It's in black and white. The US joined the war in Europe to finish it quicker, and reap the benefits which were many.... But let's not go into too much unsavoury detail.

'laughing stock'? OMG! That's so embarrassing. coffee1.gif

If only the US had a good example to follow... Russia? China? Iran? UK? Thailand?

'laughing stock'? OMG! That's so embarrassing. coffee1.gif

If only the US had a good example to follow... Russia? China? Iran? UK? Thailand?

I don't think there are any good examples of countries trying to use their military power to dominate the whole world for economic gain.

I think any rational use of the word "good" would show that would be an oxymoron.

Sure lots of good things about the American system, but the fact that it's all driven by greed is its fundamental flaw, makes the idealistic parts seem like hypocritical window dressing.

Especially since we've largely given up the idealistic parts for the idiotic war on terror scam.

• Like 2

Nationalism, patriotism are fundamentally evil, cause of more misery than all the religions of the world combined.

So it's OK for foreigners to wear a flag, mostly because it's the richest country, perhaps because of its dominance of global pop culture, in some cases they just like the design.

Certainly not because they like our war-mongering for the 1% under cover of doing good.

Americans waving the flag because they're actually proud of our position in the world just make me cringe, embarrassed by the accident of my birth.

Watch and spew: